Slavia Prague Vs Arsenal | Champions League 07/11/07

Re: Slavia Prague Vs Arsenal | Champions League 07/11/07

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:55 pm

rodney wrote:I would call them squad members and they will play an important part of our season if we are going to win the league. You need a strong squad and one that you can rely upon in difficult situations. They may not be first team now, but there will be points this season where we will need to call upon everyone of those 8 "reserves" and if they play like they did yesterday we will be in trouble.

I assume you agreed that it was a poor perforamnce by your failure to state anything. If you think we will go through the season playing our first 11 in every game you're very msitaken.

firstly sorry btw, i wasnt having a go rodney, just read my post from last night, and it might have come across the wrong way? i was drunk :oops: :?

anyway

yes obviously it was a bad performance, but they(prague) were a good unit last night and were tough to play against, plus hellish conditions

as for "reserves" i meant squad players , and what i was meaning that to go away from home in the champions league and make 8 changes and still remain unbeaten i can only see the positives
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Libertine » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:07 pm

I just can't see that there's any reason for any doom and gloom.

We went away, without a first choice line-up and got a result in sub-zero temperatures, with a gale blowing and the rain coming in sideways, against a team that had knocked Ajax out of the competition and we've now qualified for the knockout stages.

It's all good as far as i can see!

So i'm off down the pub to celebrate!
:l: :l: :l: :l:
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby YoungGooner07 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:15 pm

Not a good game but a fair result, i dont see y Diarra is playin at right back. We really needed Sagna or Eboue if we wanted to win :arsenal:
Arsenal at Buckingham Palace
YoungGooner07
Michael Thomas

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08