Slavia Prague Vs Arsenal | Champions League 07/11/07

Re: Slavia Prague Vs Arsenal | Champions League 07/11/07

Postby SE13 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:17 pm

Ade about to come on...

Meanwhile, great save from Almunia!

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby REG » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:17 pm

Great save
Not been a very good game but then again we're always abit pony away in eastern europe
REG
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Fordy » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:19 pm

daiby is the only player i think has done well

walcott has not been at his best
Fordy

Postby Trina » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:20 pm

Come on Ade! Score pleeeeeeeease!
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby SE13 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:21 pm

Bendtner replaced by Ade.

Couple of close moments from that corner, but again nothing to show, although Ade straight into the action....

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby SE13 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:23 pm

Dudu off, Eboue on. Theo set to move forward....

SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Trina » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:33 pm

5 minutes of added time...where did all that come from?!

Still 0-0
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Trina » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:38 pm

Full time 0-0

Ade could of scored in the last 10 seconds but it was a wrong offside decision...
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Fordy » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:38 pm

well that was crap no fabregas = no goals
Fordy

Slavia Prague Vs Arsenal | Champions League 07/11/07

Postby SE13 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:59 pm

Plus point: Still unbeaten

Minus point: To win games, we need to score.... It never really looked likely tonight.

Thought: Wenger always knew he was saving players, so in hindsight, the point gets us through.

Critisism: We lacked ambition and creativity.

Overall: I think Theo should remain (for the time being) as our not so secret weapon.

SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Gunflash » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:06 pm

Pretty lacklustre from what I gathered. But we're into the knockout stages and that's the main thing.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:48 pm

argh i ended up missing 1st half with having to pick Jake up then his coach kept me as i had to do more forms...i was like cant we do this next week the football is on!!! :x :o:

Sounds like i didnt miss much, judging on the 2nd half, which i did finally get to see, we missed Cesc & Hleb, im not keen on Diarra, maybe time? who knows.... Bendtner didnt do much, but Clichy took the mick out of several of their players, some nice ball control going on when he got forward.

Great save from Almunia...although in the space of a split second i thought "oh Nooooo!"
Still, this will have been an extra games european experience for some of the players and we are through, we can sit back & relax and see what tactics Wenger will use now, judging on how the other groups are doing, who finishes as group winners/runners up for the knockout draw ect as to whether he will rest key players for the remaining 2 fixtures of the group.

1st game we have not scored in this season. :( ....guess im ussed to being spoilt. ;)
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby rodney » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:52 pm

That was a very poor performance and our worst of the season so far. Slavia deserve credit for pressing us throughout the 90 minutes, always keeping the pressure on and never allowing us to settle on the ball and play our passing game. They battled really well in the middle of the park and both strikers worked very hard so that our defence were never given a rest bite.

Saying that we should have played a lot better than that. Diaby in particular was very poor again tonight. I am fed up of saying it, but the guy is not a left winger. He has given us some decent performances on the left wing, but it is clear it isn't his natural position. The same goes for Theo on the other flank, after a really good performance against the same opposition last time out why did Wenger not give Theo a go up front. The problem again comes down to Wenger's failure to sign a winger during the Summer and it has forced him to place players out of position.

Wenger got his tactics wrong again imo tonight. He went with a kind of 4-4-1-1 formation. As Eduardo wasn't quite up front, but he wasn't quite in midfield he was just floating around the left hand side of the pitch and didn't offer anything to the team. After two performances in which we created very little Wenger stated he wanted to return to 4-4-2 in order to create more chances. Well why did he go against that tonight? We had two half chances tonight. Gilberto who put it horribly wide and a header from Ade. Really disappointed with Wenger tonight and I really hope he returns to 4-4-2 against Reading on Monday night in what is a crucial game.

One positive to come out of the night was Diarra was superb again. He battles so well and is an excellent defender. He has really impressed me with his performances at right back. As good as Sagna has been you could argue Diarra deserves a chance at right back. As for the rest of the defence I thought Gallas and Clichy were sloppy at times and gave the ball away cheaply. But they did their jobs well enough as with Almunia who made one really good save. Song performed well again at centre half i still doubt whether or not he has a future at the club, but whilst Djourou is away he has done a decent job.

Nick Bendtner has a lot of improving to do up front. His first touch has got to improve and he needs to be far sharper in his final ball in the final third of the pitch. His attitude needs to be sorted out as well, there were occassions where he is complaining at team mates to often instead of encouraging his team mates.

Overall we got the point we need and battled well and hopefully we won't play as badly as that again, as against an opposition with a higher quality of players we would have been punished.
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Reverend Gooner » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:46 am

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:1st game we have not scored in this season. :( ....guess im ussed to being spoilt. ;)

:lol: Indeed we do get it good. Imagine what it must be like to be a Derby fan!

Anyone fancy doing the full match report? (the above post looks like half of a very good one) I completely missed this one.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fabrestuta » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:12 am

Not too upset with a 0-0 though it would have been nice to win. We're through to the knockout stages with 2 games to spare, so I can't have too many complaints. Plus as has already been said, we usually don't do well in Eastern Europe, so a draw isn't bad.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08