Postby rvtheace » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:51 pm

nicknasty wrote:thank you for this site

Thank you for joining! :arsenal:
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Re: Arsenal Vs Man Utd | Premiership 03/11/07

Postby Trina » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:51 pm

Gallas got Man Of The Match and said "Thank you but I dont really think its for me, it's for all the team" :trophy:
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Sims » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:52 pm

I thought we won a penalty first of all...
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Fordy » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:53 pm

nicknasty wrote:thank you for this site

did that stream work i gave you
Fordy

Postby SE13 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:58 pm

AFC RED ARMY wrote:
simsuk wrote:f***ing GET IN THERE! WE ARE TOP OF THE KLEAGUE SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE! :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :goonergirlie: :goonergirlie: :goonergirlie: :goonergirlie: :arsenal: :arsenal: :arsenal: :arsenal:

i am m8 told all my man utd m8's :h:

I need to get a new door for the living room now..... I went utterly ballistic when that goal was given, and my hand is bleeding quite well! Why I decided to punch hell out of an inanimate object defies belief, but that's passion for you!

Libs, I get the feeling that you might be feeling something similar..... ;)

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby YoungGooner07 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:04 pm

I thought Walcott had scored but Gallas deserved it he had a brilliant game. Im so happy we still unbeaten this season and even when Man Utd got their second i beleived we could still win it. Think Eduardo should have started but in Wenger we trust :trophy:
YoungGooner07
Michael Thomas

Postby FromSydney » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:11 pm

Thankyou William Gallas. Good game Arsenal, and man I'm glad we didn't lose. We definately deserved the point, that we did. :flag:

OO TO BE A, GOONER!
FromSydney
Liam Brady

Postby ScottishLass » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:19 pm

The togetherness showed in us again today - Gallas summed that up in his aftermatch interview ' I got the guys together before the game and said to them we must fight right until the end .. and if we die - we die together... ' Deserved the point :D
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby SE13 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:22 pm

FromSydney wrote:
OO TO BE A, GOONER!

Ooh to

Ooh to be

Ooh to be a

GOONAH :D

Tattenham, Tattenham run,

Tattenham run from The Arsenal

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby SE13 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:34 pm

SE13 wrote:
FromSydney wrote:
OO TO BE A, GOONER!

Ooh to

Ooh to be

Ooh to be a

GOONAH :D

Tattenham run from The Arsenal

We're The North Bank, we're The North Bank, we're The North Bank over here...

[Silence]

[pathetic mumbles from The Clock End]

[We're ..... (fades)]

We're The Clock End, we're The Clock End, we're The Clock End over here

[some pathetic response]

We are top side, we are top side, we are top side over here.

We are middle, we are middle, we are middle over here

We are bottom, we are bottom, we are bottom over here

[silence]

We are top side, we are top side, we are top side over here.

We are middle, we are middle, we are middle over here

We are bottom, we are bottom, we are bottom over here

[Still nothing]

East Stand, East Stand give us a song, East Stand give us a song.....

SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Gunflash » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:23 pm

What a game! That was a really tense and pulsating encounter. I was twitching the whole way through the second half. There was a Man Utd fan who was in despair when Gallas got the equaliser. We didn't flow as well as we normally do but that was because Man Utd used Hargreaves and Anderson very well. Our first goal was brilliant. Hleb did magnificently well to bring the ball away from the defence and Fabregas, I think it's all been said before. I didn't think it'd be our day when Evra hit his own bar and Gallas and Eduardo shot wildly but this Arsenal team have a fantastic spirit and we kept going to the final whistle. 25 games without defeat - a club record. I ran about shouting "he's given it! He's given it!" when Gallas nicked in. So Arsenal haven't been tested, eh?
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:35 pm

Yeah, it's important to give Sagna a lot of credit for getting the ball back to Cesc for that first goal. He had a defender sliding on top of him and yet somehow found the perfect pass - amazing really! :h:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby rodney » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:28 pm

Jesus christ that was bloody nerve racking. I was bloody estatic at the end as I really thought we had lost after a goal so late on from United, but we came back superbly. I was at the opposite end so I didn't have a clue what was happening. We thought it was a goal then we wasn't sure, the it was a goal and then it was bundles so I didn't have a clue what the f**k happened. We scored and that was all that mattered. I've heard that it was definitely over the line which is good, as the Mancs would never have shutup about it.

The first half started off very quiet and it continued that way. Tackles were flying in for a bit and the game was definitely not how Wenger predicted it was more physical than technical. Anderson I will say played well and he does look a talent, but what a complete c***. He was trying to get everyone of our players booked and then rolled around like he had been shot from a tackle from Cesc. The yellow card was shown and he got straight back up. He was a complete t***er and I'm glad we battled so well and put our tackles in.

There wasn't many chances in the first half, but Gallas had a great chance that he really should have put away. He had a word with Cesc and he managed to put it straight on his head. I couldn't believe he didn't put in as with Ade who had a really good headed chance, however got it all wrong. Right at the end of the first half United got a lucky goal. Rooney's shot from where I was didn't look like it was going in until Gallas deflected it in. That was a big blow right at the end of the half to conceade then.

We came out very bright in the second half and scored through the f***ing legend that is Cesc Fabregas. The Emirates was bloody rocking haven't seen celebrations like it since the Henry winner against United a year ago. I really thought we would go onto win from there, but fair play to United they battled well and Rooney had one great chance which he put wide which if I was a United fan I'd have been pissed off. Looked a simple header to put in, but he put it well wide. I was suprised Wenger brought both Rosicky and Hleb off as after bringing Eboue off I thought Wenger should have moved Hleb to the right hand side which would have kept Evra from attacking. He proved vital for the United goal a great run and I don't know what Saha did, but it was a great through ball and Evra put it across for Ronaldo to tap in.

I really thought that was it, but as we've done so well at the Emirates we came back and I am so glad it was Gallas to make up for that miss and score such a crucial goal. A point was the least we deserved in what wasn't a great game, but one we could have won, but overall a point is probably a fair result.

There were some superb performances today from Clichy in particular. The guy was f***ing immense and had Ronaldo in his pocket all game. Yes the w***er got the equaliser, but he was simply nowhere in the game and a number of times his fancy flicks didn't work off. People who criticise Ade, I don't think realise how hard he works up front on his own. For the second game running he has had no support and has battled superbly up front. Once he gets Robin beside him again and we can get Eboue out of the team Ade's goals will return.

Overal WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE :flag:
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Fordy » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:40 pm

good report mate
Fordy

Postby Git » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:43 pm

Cheeky Ferguson:

"I think Howard Webb has a great chance to be the top referee but today was a big game for him and, at times, he favoured Arsenal. Their second goal came from him not giving a free-kick for a foul on Louis Saha on the far side. It should have been a foul for us."
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08