Arsenal Vs Man Utd | Premiership 03/11/07

Postby SE13 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:55 am

Barclays Premiership

ARSENAL Vs Manchester United

Image Image

Saturday 3rd November 2007

12:45pm

Ashburton Grove

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Re: Arsenal Vs Man Utd | Premiership 03/11/07

Postby Libertine » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:28 pm

Pub's open at 10am - Calzaghe fight not on until after midnight

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooong day in prospect!
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:33 pm

have some super tennants libs, that will keep u goin :lol:

anyway

ive heard evra is going to be fit
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Cheese » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:40 pm

An e-mail from REDAction
REDAction wrote:So, its the biggest game of the season so far. Having shown we can mix it with the half decent teams in the Premier League (or are we giving Liverpool too much credit here?), now comes a game against the best of them all (apart from us, of course). Its on telly, a billion people around the world are expected to be watching, and Alisher Usmanov is due to be at the game.

REDaction are planning a large visual display just before kick off, and we need lots of people to help! If you sit in the northern half of the stadium (in absolutely any tier - it doesn't matter), and are interested in helping out, please come along to The Rocket before the game. With the TV cameras there, we want to let the world know that "We don't need his money, and we don't want his sort". We obviously have a fair bit of help available in the REDsection, so we are especially looking for people that sit elsewhere in the stadium. If you can't make it to The Rocket, but still want to help, email and let us know (and also tell us where you sit). The more people that can help out, the better.

We especially need help from people that sit in Blocks 91-94 in the Upper Tier; and those that sit directly above the press box (ideally in club level, but Upper Tier blocks 132-134 would be useful also).

Talking of The Rocket, we'll be open from 11am, with the usual Sky Sports on the telly, and beer promotions. We'll start The March to the ground at about 12:20pm, with the Usmanov banner that we debuted at the Bolton game. This is what The March looked like last time - http://i21.tinypic.com/2lawpc6.jpg - and the banner, once in the ground, was all over MotD that evening - http://i21.tinypic.com/2h6g7ed.jpg . The Club have told us to cover up the "Sod Off Jabba" bit in future (yes, really!), so we have to do that, but the main message will be the same. After the game, The Rocket will be open again, with more beer, more football on TV, and hopefully 3 points to celebrate.

Finally, AISA have asked us to publicise their annual survey of Arsenal fans, to give you an opportunity to voice your opinion on (amongst other things) ticket prices, atmosphere, and the quality of the pies in the stadium. It only takes a couple of minutes to complete, and can be accessed here: http://www.arsenalindependent.co.uk/survey .

That's all for now - if you can help out on Saturday, please come to The Rocket before the game. Up The Gunners!

REDaction

PS - We are always looking to sign people up to our mailing list - if you have match-going mates that don't receive our emails, forward this to them, and encourage them to sign up!

I will be there :D :cool: ;)
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Cheese » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:17 pm

GOOD NEWS - No new injuries ahead of Man United game
Arsène Wenger will be able to select his side for the massive game against Manchester United on Saturday from the same squad that brought back a battling point from Liverpool last weekend.

The Arsenal manager continues to be without Robin van Persie (knee) and Philippe Senderos (back) but, crucially, there are no additional injuries.

“It is the same — Senderos and Van Persie,” Wenger told Arsenal TV Online on Thursday. “Everybody else looks to be available.”

The pair have missed the last four games and it appears they are likely to be sidelined until the end of the month.

“After the Reading game [on November 12] there is an international break of two weeks,” said Wenger. “They should be back following that.”

That means they would not be available for Arsenal until Wigan’s visit to Emirates Stadium on November 24.
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby AFC RED ARMY » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:54 pm

ive got a better feeling about this than liverpool maybe cause its at home i dunno i think we will come away wid 3 points :005:
AFC RED ARMY
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Windass10 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:44 pm

If theres any team you gotta fear Its Man United at the moment, I wish we do get a result and its going to be so tight, Just can see a few goals eitherside hopefully we will score more and win come on Arsenal.
Windass10

Postby Trina » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:12 pm

I am dreading this game to be honest.

RVP is the major loss still, but I really hope Dudu gets to start.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby AFC RED ARMY » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:36 pm

Windass10 wrote:If theres any team you gotta fear Its Man United at the moment, I wish we do get a result and its going to be so tight, Just can see a few goals eitherside hopefully we will score more and win come on Arsenal.

i think its because we r at home
AFC RED ARMY
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Arsenal_4_Life » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:30 pm

im really nervous and so excited about this game. if the team play at the top of there game then i can't c us losin. should be a great game.
Arsenal_4_Life
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby insomnia » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:48 pm

Looking forward to this big style!

Should be a cracking match and i think we can do it!

Bring it on!! :005:

:flag: :flag:
insomnia
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Windass10 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:47 am

Guys United will want big revenage after we beat them 2 times last season lol, this is a team on your day you got to fear there a good attacking side and can pose vast problems, I think we will go with 5 in midfield same team as Liverpool dudu on bench.
Windass10

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:50 am

dont worry about the other team, focus on our team

if arsenal play the arsenal way = home win :flag:
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Windass10 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:31 am

absolutely_fabregas wrote:dont worry about the other team, focus on our team

if arsenal play the arsenal way = home win :flag:

Mate this aint Derby we are talking about Man United here, a team who's nanme brings fear to many peoples hearts on they day. They can play just as good as Arsenal in terms of footballing abliity etc so I think we cant take them lightly at all.
Windass10

Postby Libertine » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:33 am

Windass10 wrote:Mate this aint Derby we are talking about Man United here, a team who's nanme brings fear to many peoples hearts on they day. They can play just as good as Arsenal in terms of footballing abliity etc so I think we cant take them lightly at all.

I've not see one post where anybody has suggested we take them lightly, you plum!
Fear them?
We don't fear playing anybody at home.
Respect? Yes
Fear? No

As Ab Fab quite correctly says, we just have to concentrate on what we can do and make sure we do it well.
We can have no influence on what Man Utd wish to do in the build up to the game, so why spend time worrying about it?
Get our game right and then just see how Lady Luck treats up.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Next

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08