Liverpool Vs Arsenal | Premiership 28/10/07

Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal | Premiership 28/10/07

Postby Cheese » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:01 am

1st How did Jamie Carragher get Man Of The Match?
2nd Liverpool are unfit
3rd Almunia once again proved he can pull off big saves (Free-kick not his fault)
4th Cesc out shon Gerrard
5th Cesc shot at an open goal? He couldn't have taken a touch
6th Bendtner should have done better though with his
7th Clichy doesn't get enough praise for his efforts
8th IMO Eboue was shocking
9th Strange but great subs form Le Boss
and 10th What does Rafa suck on to make his tounge go that red? :lol: :lol:

For me MOTM probably would have been Cesc although Clichy caught my eye on a number of occations making challenges that were 60/40 in the liverpool players favour whereas Eboue backed out of a number of ball in his favour. As for our two part time centre forwards Toure and Gallas...What was that about..? Both kept thundering forward often running beouned the strikers themselves :D :cool: How Liverpool didn't get us on the counter attack i don't know.
Although i would have taken a point before the match i'm a bit gutted we didn't come away with all three after the perormance that was put in but i suppose Liverpool are still unbeaten aswell and thats what makes them a good side even if there not playing well they can get a result.
After the game i think the Liverpool players looked relifed that the game was over the really looked as if they was about to drop...If the game was played for just five more minutes we would more than likely be talking about three points.
Next game Sheffield Utd im looking forward to this...I love seeing our second string playing, get to see Fabianski, Denison, Traoue etc...
Obviously the greater challenge comes against Utd next week but based on a proformance from last night i'm feeling confident about the match.
Oh and one last thing The 'Fat Frank' lover Jamie Redknapp even came out with the words "Arsenal are the real deal" and he looked excited as he said it He is still a f**king prick though
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:12 am

All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:8th IMO Eboue was shocking

i think u r being a bit harsh on eboue mate, he put a decent shift in although he didnt really offer his usual crosses darting runs etc

but that was more due to pools style of play, they are a solid side and not many come back from 1 nil down when they are up for it.

i wouldntplay eboue on sat though i dont think, i would rather diaby. Solid tackler plus good with the ball at his feet, we will need to tighten up a touch as man u have ronaldo, giggs/nani, rooney, tevez all playing on form and have excellent movement rotation.

PS i dont think we had enough shots at goal against the pool. Yes, we played a great fascinating style of football, but for all our dominaion they probably had the same if not more shots.

The man u game could be one of the greatest football game in years, if both team play to their styles
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby chrisbishop69 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:40 am

did he (eboue) get elbowed in the head coz i havnt seen a decent enough shot of it anyone got one?
Chris is Cool
chrisbishop69
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Cheese » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:49 am

absolutely_fabregas wrote:
All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:8th IMO Eboue was shocking

i think u r being a bit harsh on eboue mate, he put a decent shift in although he didnt really offer his usual crosses darting runs etc
I don't remember seeing him make a succesfull run, pass or challenge...I lost count of how many times he backed out of 50/50 balls.

Im not saying he is a bad player i have said good things in previous posts but last night was one of his worst in a red and white shirt IMO.

absolutely_fabregas wrote:i wouldntplay eboue on sat though i dont think, i would rather diaby.

Firstly i would play Eboue over Diaby, Diaby isn't a wide player and If Eboue put in a decent shift why wouldn't you play him against Utd?

Midfield against Utd will be Rosicky, Cesc, Flamini, Hleb.
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby chrisbishop69 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:22 am

who would u play up front coz i think that will be key
Chris is Cool
chrisbishop69
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Cheese » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:35 am

chrisbishop69 wrote:

who would u play up front coz i think that will be key

Adebayor for me obviously has to be first choice, he will need to play better than last night although i think he genrally plays better at home for some reason, i don't know why that is?
Then i would have Theo and before anyone says he isn't ready for a big game like this...Remeber the Carling Cup final.

Also if Theo played he can swap positions with Hleb so he would occasionally play on the right or left wing with Hleb in behind Adebayor

A match winning formation trust me :D
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:08 am

Does anyone know why the highlights aren't on ATVO?
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Cheese » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:15 am

No i waiting for them aswell :lol:
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby chrisbishop69 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:45 am

wot highlights?
Chris is Cool
chrisbishop69
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:19 pm

All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:
absolutely_fabregas wrote:i wouldntplay eboue on sat though i dont think, i would rather diaby.

Firstly i would play Eboue over Diaby, Diaby isn't a wide player and If Eboue put in a decent shift why wouldn't you play him against Utd?

the scale: shocker--bad--quiet--decent shift--lively--good--amazing :lol:
decent shift doesnt mean a good performance

diaby has played on the left to good effect this season, and im sure he could easily slot in on the right

plus he will be solid in the tackle and should stop some of their moves
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Cheese » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:25 pm

absolutely_fabregas wrote:
the scale: shocker--bad--quiet--decent shift--lively--good--amazing :lol:
decent shift doesnt mean a good performance

Well he had a Shocker :lol:
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby SE13 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:50 pm

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

We were disappointed not to have won at Anfield on Sunday, but I was very pleased with the attitude and performance of the team. The players are frustrated that they didn't take all three points, but you have to be realistic.

People said it was our first big test of the season and I feel we came out of it stronger. We played without the handbrake on, without any restrictions and we were faithful to the game we wanted to play even after we conceded the first goal.

We showed our technical quality and movement and overall we handled the game very well. I cannot fault anyone, it was a fantastic game.

We have another big game on Saturday when Manchester United visit Emirates Stadium. It is another big test but we will be much stronger for our performance at Anfield.

As far as the title is concerned I have always been very confident of what we could achieve this season. I said we could do well before the season started and now we have convinced a few more people.

There is a long way to go, but we have the talent to fight right at the top for the Premier League.

Thanks for your support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08