Arsenal Vs Bolton | Premiership 20/10/07

Re: Arsenal Vs Bolton | Premiership 20/10/07

Postby left right left » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:05 am

just watched the game on sky

shit man we were the nutz 2-0 was good for bolton
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Cheese » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:12 am

Oh i forgot to say my man of the match was Clichy he had a fantastic game going forward, closely followed by Theo who came on and changed the game for us :005:
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby REG » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:17 am

Theo proved me wrong but he needs to get the ball in the bloody net :mrgreen:
Ade had a good game but after he went round Bolton he was on the ground for about a min, i shouted get up this ain't the f***ing beach, why do you think i call him a lazy b ;)
REG
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Cheese » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:32 am

REG wrote:Theo proved me wrong but he needs to get the ball in the bloody net :mrgreen:

But surely if he gets an assist every game thats as good as scoring? i don't care who scores i'm just happy to see the ball hit the back of the net
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby rvtheace » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:38 am

I think we all knew Toure was going to rip the net one day with those long range screamers. It finally happened, though the shot was not as powerful as some of his previous strikes.

It really is incredible how consistently Walcott gets assists. Awesome Freddie-esque finish from Rosicky as well!

Great result, the first 'big' match comes next week, though!
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby SE13 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:20 am

I've said it a few times now, but Rosicky really does make a difference. He is tireless with his work, and more than fills the void left after Freddies departure. Hugely underrated as well.

Theo is still developing, but really surging on now. If he keeps coming on as a sub and turning games around, then we as supporters should be very happy.

One thing I did notice was how little MOTD did on the match, and also very little comments other than to big up Liverpool for next weeks game..... :bang:

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Cheese » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:51 am

SE13 wrote:One thing I did notice was how little MOTD did on the match, and also very little comments other than to big up Liverpool for next weeks game..... :bang:

Also skysports this morning on the opening credits said "Arsenal are 2pts clear of Man Utd after beating Bottom of the table Bolton 2-0 BUT MAN UTD BEAT ASTON VILLA AT VILLA PARK 4-1"
(Capitals are when the voice got all excited and loader) basicly wowing Man Utd and there 'amazing' win :bang:

Also didn't know where to put this video from yesterday http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ka0V59pSp0 (The march from the Rocket to the Stadium with anti-Usmanov banner)
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:36 pm

SE13 wrote:One thing I did notice was how little MOTD did on the match, and also very little comments other than to big up Liverpool for next weeks game..... :bang:

yeah it was said in a patronising way with a smile and a wink by the prick hanson, as if to say dont worry man u and pool will beat us

wot a cock
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby REG » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:53 pm

Ah that banner
Guy put it with me
REG
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby SE13 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:17 pm

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

Bolton have upset us in previous years and I thought they were very resilient again on Saturday.

They have a lot of tricks because players like Ivan Campo, Kevin Nolan and Gavin McCann, they have gone through a lot in their careers. They know how to slow the game down, they know when to make the foul, they know how to pull the shirt and they are good players too.

We kept our nerves and got the result, and the substitutes had a big impact. I feel that the players who came off also did a good job but the injection of creativity and pace from Tomas Rosicky and Theo Walcott helped us.

Theo is pushing for a starting place and he will get that. I feel he has come back after his shoulder problem and has found the injection of pace he had before. His co-ordination is better, he uses his body better and when you see him you certainly think he's a promising striker.

Alex Hleb also played an important role when he was used in the middle in the second half. There was so little space in that area but Alex is one player who can find space. I wanted us to go through the flanks but first to attack them through the middle, and he can get the ball to the flanks.

Saturday's win was our 12th in a row and we have a good momentum now. What I liked was that the team built their success against Bolton with patience, with quite a high tempo, and by mastering their nerves.

At some stages of the game it was getting hectic and it was important that we didn't lose our heads. We kept calm and played like we want to play football, we did that well and for me that was a good sign of maturity.

Thanks for your support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Cheese » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:27 pm

here is the info on the march that i was involved in brfore the bolton match

http://www.onlinegooner.com/exclusive/index.php?id=443
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby REG » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:33 pm

Thanks all arsenal, i'm the one with the white cap :mrgreen:
REG
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Cheese » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:38 pm

REG wrote:Thanks all arsenal, i'm the one with the white cap :mrgreen:

and without the plastic bottle :lol: :lol:
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby REG » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:45 pm

All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:
REG wrote:Thanks all arsenal, i'm the one with the white cap :mrgreen:

and without the plastic bottle :lol: :lol:

Hey :x :lol:
I can't exactly bring the same bottle around with me all the time, i was toooo skint to get one & i can't drink at my seat :(
REG
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Cheese » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:48 pm

I can't understand why when your in the stadium the take the lid off...because if i was going to throw somthing onto the pitch (not that i would..not even at Cashley) i would throw the bottle :lol: :lol:
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08