Arsenal Vs Sunderland | Premiership 07/10/07

Re: Arsenal Vs Sunderland | Premiership 07/10/07

Postby AFC RED ARMY » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:16 pm

First time at the emirates 2day and had da time off my life!!!!!!!!!!!! learnt loads of chants sum propa funny 1's the only bad thing is ive lost my vioce.........im bak at the emirates nxt time my m8 gets me a ticket cant wait
AFC RED ARMY
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Fordy » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:24 pm

nice one mate bet you loved it
Fordy

Postby SE13 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:38 pm

AFC MANOR999 wrote:First time at the emirates 2day and had da time off my life!!!!!!!!!!!! learnt loads of chants sum propa funny 1's the only bad thing is ive lost my vioce.........im bak at the emirates nxt time my m8 gets me a ticket cant wait

A couple of greats sung at every game you will remember forever:

"Tottenham, Tottenham run,
Tottenham, Tottenham run,
Tottenham, Tottenham run
Tottenham run from The Arsenal"

And

"What do you think of Tottenham"

"SHIT"

"What do you think of shit"

"Tottenham"

"Thank-you"

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Cheese » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:50 pm

3 more points

Top of the league

Didn't play that well but won

RvP got two goals

Even Senderos got a goal

i have just got in and i feel ill but the day was well worth it

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

:arsenal:
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Fordy » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:15 pm

does every one want to kill helb he seems t be getting it a bit hard lately
Fordy

Postby ozgooner » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:08 am

Fordy wrote:does every one want to kill helb he seems t be getting it a bit hard lately

exactly , he must have a target on his back . what the f**k is goin on , it seems every time he comes back from an injury (caused by a reckless tackle nonetheless) some clown is tryin to snap his legs off .
by the way , how was that shot from kolo (i hope i got that right) from way out that rocketed into the post towards the middle of the 2nd half . if that had gone in it would of been hard to beat for goal of the season ;)

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SE13 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:58 am

Well, if you thought RVP's free kick had some power, Kolo had more. It went like a rocket!! Beat the keeper all ends up.

Well worth a look if you get the chance.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby AFC RED ARMY » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:40 am

Did any1 watch it on t.v ? when it was 2-2 gordan was wasteing time and wen the ball went behind the net instead off the ballboy jus giveing the ball bak 2 the keeper he ran on the pitch and placed it 4 him...funny as fcuk !!
AFC RED ARMY
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Trina » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:41 pm

RVP's goal was amazing, the power on it was unreal!!

77mph was the speed of his goal :lol:
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Cheese » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 pm

Our hardest victory yet people are saying we peaked to soon and that man utd will catch us because we have played our best and wont get no better well thats bullshite because we played our best football last season against the big teams and droped points against the lesser ones, well thats not happening now so all is looking good :mrgreen:
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby SE13 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:32 pm

via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

We let Sunderland back into the match on Sunday because after 15 minutes the game appeared to be easy and maybe we convinced ourselves of that. I feel that a bit of our mental focus went and then you lose three or four per cent, and at that level of course you pay for it.

We had less urgency in our decision-making, we gave them more room to express themselves defensively and we paid for it. Sunderland made it difficult for us and at the end of the day it was a good lesson for us because they came back to 2-2 and we had to find the resources to get the late winner.

Losing that two-goal lead was very frustrating. When you have experience in football you know that 2-1 is the biggest change psychologically for any game. At 2-1 a team who is losing the game thinks they have a chance, a team that is winning thinks they can now drop points. It gave Sunderland a lot of confidence.

Of course, if Abou Diaby's 'goal' had been given it would have been different. I don't know how the referee's assistant could disallow that goal and certainly that would have changed the game completely. But you can only live with the decisions that are made and in the end we found the third goal.

The third goal always looked like it was coming, but when you hit the post once or twice and you don't score, you never know. And Sunderland looked good going forward, in fairness.

Theo Walcott made a difference when he came on because I felt that we needed some pace to go in behind Sunderland's defence. We gave them too much of the ball and that made it easier for them. Theo gave us something that was certainly needed and he set up the winning goal for Robin van Persie.

Gilberto also came off the bench. He has not played as many games this season so far but I have a strong relationship with Gilberto, I have a huge respect for him. At the moment it is frustrating for him but he is an important player for us. It is a selection problem at the moment but he will come back.

We are back on top of the Premier League but it is too early to talk about the title. What is a good sign is when you lose a two-goal lead you can still win - it means there is great strength and resilience in the team.

The potential is there for us to be very good but the competition at this level is very high. Sunderland are near the bottom of the league but they still gave us problems so we have to keep very humble and hardworking for each other.

Thanks for your support.

SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby rvtheace » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:23 pm

AFC MANOR999 wrote:Did any1 watch it on t.v ? when it was 2-2 gordan was wasteing time and wen the ball went behind the net instead off the ballboy jus giveing the ball bak 2 the keeper he ran on the pitch and placed it 4 him...funny as fcuk !!

HAHA, didn't see that man. Damn, they ought to show stuff like that on telly!
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby REG » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:05 pm

AFC MANOR999 wrote:Did any1 watch it on t.v ? when it was 2-2 gordan was wasteing time and wen the ball went behind the net instead off the ballboy jus giveing the ball bak 2 the keeper he ran on the pitch and placed it 4 him...funny as fcuk !!

It was, just to the right of me so i had a good view :mrgreen:
REG
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby AFC RED ARMY » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:32 am

REG wrote:

was u at the emirates m8?
AFC RED ARMY
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby REG » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:22 pm

AFC RED ARMY wrote:
REG wrote:

was u at the emirates m8?

As always
REG
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08