West Ham Vs Arsenal | Premiership 29/09/07

Postby SE13 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:47 am

Barclays Premiership

West Ham United Vs Arsenal

Image Image

Saturday 29th September 2007

3pm

Upton Park

Last edited by SE13 on Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Cheese » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:25 pm

Looking forward to the match against the Hammers, we have not beaten them since they got promoted back in 2005.
We owe them this time ;) after they was the last team to beat us at Highbury and the first to beat us at the Grove :shock: mind you rather them than Chelsea or Spurs :roll:
We are obviously playing good enough football to beat them and if they do decide to kick us a bit harder than usual i think we are now strong enough to cope with it, so we should be able to get a win :D but in the right circumstances if it finished as a draw i think that would be good enough result.
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby REG » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:36 pm

I think we might draw this as they are our new bogey team as i don't see Bolton as a bigger problem
REG
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Libertine » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:34 am

I f***ing hate West Ham.

JD - RIP
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Libertine » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:35 am

I have a horrible feeling that Ljungberg might score for them.

Suits him playing for the Irons.....
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby chrisbishop69 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:17 am

i dont think he will play he is probably injured
Chris is Cool
chrisbishop69
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby gaelclichy » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:42 am

oh my god.....why he went to there!
gaelclichy
Michael Thomas

Postby rvtheace » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:05 am

Agree with REG, they are fast turning into our bogey team. Better put an end to that this Sat. ;)
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Cheese » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:06 pm

**INJURY NEWS**

Arsène Wenger is waiting on the fitness of Alex Hleb before naming his squad for the short trip to West Ham on Saturday.

The manager has already ruled out Tomas Rosicky (hamstring), William Gallas (groin), Jens Lehmann (elbow) and Alex Song (calf) so the only question mark surrounds the knee of the Belarus midfielder.

“We’ll have to assess the situation of Alex Hleb.” Wenger told Arsenal TV Online on Thursday. “We’ll look at that on Friday morning. But we lost Alex Song with a calf problem on Tuesday night.”

In addition, none of the three already-injured players are likely to return before the midweek trip to Steaua Bucharest.

“William Gallas is maybe a week or 10 days away,” said Wenger. “But I would not like to set a time on it really. As for Rosicky you can probably fix the date for Sunderland [next Sunday]. Jens Lehmann will be another week.”

Taken from Arsenal.com
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby spacebutler » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:58 am

I reckon we're in good shape going into this game. The only thing that worries me is if Senderos plays, he'll be confronted with two very big strong forwards in the form of Dean Ashton and Bobby Zamora. It just infuriates me how such a promising player like Senderos getts drawn into these physical battles, then seems to concentrate more on out muscling these big forwards, then in turn loses it at reading the game and often finds himself in a bad position the wrong side of the forward.
Hopefully I'm wrong come Saturday.
They are our bogey team in recent years, but hopefully the departure of Reo Coker and them failing to sign a centre midfielder in my opinion not of the same work ethic or stature will be the hammers undoing.
C'mon you Gooners! :flag:
Robin Van Persie Legend in the making
spacebutler
Liam Brady

Postby SE13 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:55 am

We should have definitive answers about the injuries after todays Friday Press Conference, and a bit of a guide as to the team to play West Ham.

I have to admit, I have a horrible feeling that Freddie will come back to haunt us..... Hope I'm wrong.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby chrisbishop69 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:36 am

i reckon it will be 1-0 or 2-1 to west ham
Chris is Cool
chrisbishop69
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Cheese » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:43 am

chrisbishop69 wrote:i reckon it will be 1-0 or 2-1 to west ham
Full of Believe then ;) :lol:
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby chrisbishop69 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:12 am

no im just very pessimistic
Chris is Cool
chrisbishop69
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby rodney » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:37 am

This will be a tough and one that I think we could struggle in. Regardless of our previous form against the Hammers they've started the season pretty well and if Bellamy is fit he and Ashton are a formidable partnership. I worry about Senderos in this game. I feel he could be outdone either by the pace of Bellamy or the strenght/quality of Deano. We could really have done with Gallas back for this game.

Rosicky, Gallas, Lehmann and Song are all definitely out. Song and Lehmann are no loss, but obviously the first two are massive losses and the sooner we can get them back the better. Hleb is still considered a doubt, but hopefully he can be at least named on the bench, as he is someone who can change the game for us. So even if we can just get 20 minutes out of him that could be crucial.

I think we will line up like this:

Almunia

Sagna Toure Senderos Clichy

Walcott Cesc Flamini Diaby

Ade Robin

Eboue or Gilberto could come instead of Flamini and Walcott. Wenger hasn't been consistent with these two positions due to injuries so will be interesting who plays.

I think this will be our toughest test of the season and will really show our title credentials. I'll go for 2-1 to us Robin with a double. :flag:
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Next

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08