West Ham Vs Arsenal | Premiership 29/09/07

Postby left right left » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:27 pm

sunderland next at home!!!!! should be easy win
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooner-geeza » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:50 am

left right left wrote:sunderland next at home!!!!! should be easy win

Never Under estimate Sunderland....Keane's done his home work n Tuesday nights game will b his final view until training!!

I'll be there though ;)....I can see Sunderland trying 2 nick an early goal or two b4 holding us off...as they did 2 Man Utd after they scored n defeated Sunderland by a goal and Losing 2 Blackburn....would have there defence n Midfield in-tack, So we must b 100% aware Especially at Home.
gooner-geeza
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby gaelclichy » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:39 am

YES.NEVER ESTIMATE SUNDERLAND AND KEANE!LOOK FORWARD IT.I WILL BE THERE TOO!
gaelclichy
Michael Thomas

Postby Git » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:48 am

Anyone got RVP's goal? Youtube link is down.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Git » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:16 am

Git wrote:Anyone got RVP's goal? Youtube link is down.

Here you go, good sir.

http://rs218.rapidshare.com/files/59085 ... enix10.avi
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby gooner-geeza » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:55 pm

This week will go quite quick I Imagine......anymore links 4 the goals pls??
gooner-geeza
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Trina » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:22 pm

gooner-geeza wrote:This week will go quite quick I Imagine......anymore links 4 the goals pls??

Goal

Foul on Hleb
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Cheese » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:32 am

A solid performance by Arsenal, scoreline dosen't prove it but this is up there with our best perfomance this season because other years West Ham have got in our face and caused trouble but this time we gave as good as we got, although we didn't play our 'Sexy@ football throughout the 90 minutes we proved once again that we can now mix it around and get the result needed.

3 more points, top of the league, just a great weekend :mrgreen:
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal | Premiership 29/09/07

Postby SE13 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:29 pm

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

We were a little bit cautious at the start on Saturday, probably because we lost at Upton Park last year. But then we scored our goal through Robin van Persie and in the second half we got the ball down and played a bit more.

We did not make the same mistake we made at Blackburn in August when we sat back a bit. We continued to play and try to go forward. We tried to score the second goal. Robert Green made some very good saves from Van Persie and Emmanuel Adebayor but we got the three points.

We had a lot to deal with in the air with West Ham's long balls and the second ball, so it was important to keep the pace of the game high. It's natural to slow the game down when the ball goes in the air so we raised the tempo and played more than we did in the first half. I think that shows the team is maturing tactically.

Mark Noble's tackle on Alex Hleb forced him off the pitch. If it was an accident it was a very bad accident, because if you see Alex's leg it is red and bruised from the knee down to the toes. Noble is usually a fair player but he caught him badly.

I don't think Alex will play on Tuesday against Steaua Bucharest because he could not walk properly after the West Ham game but I am more optimistic about Adebayor's chances. He went off after a kick on the thigh but he looks like he has a good chance to play in Romania.

We are still top of the Premier League and, although there is room for improvement, I am very proud of what the team is achieving at the moment. I believe we can challenge for the title.

Everywhere we go we try and grow and improve - on Saturday we dealt with a slightly different problem because West Ham made it hard for us to play our normal game. We are young so it is normal that in October 2007 we are better than in September 2006.

Thanks for your support.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08