Arsenal Vs Newcastle | Carling Cup R3 25/09/07

Postby REG » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:40 pm

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:Anyone know who got MOTM?

All off them if there was a award for it

The team worked very well together & even the kids have the high spirit that the first team do
For a tenner i got a class match who done quite a good premiership side who just didn't have it to beat us

We were playing the normal Arsenal way most of the time but time & time again i have being saying that we need to get more greedy on the ball & shoot from out the area to score some wonderful strikes & at the moment i am being treated nicely to some which was a big factor last season but he seem to be getting over it well despite Henry going & the normal
The only player that i could have a go at was Senderos but he saved our ass by getting that chance by Martins off the line & thank god for that as i couldn't take another half hour worth of football as sometimes as me & all arsenal said to each other they can be abit of a health risk lol ;)

Bentner socred a goal we don't see often enough, a header from a cross & could he be that Johny Radford we've been needing???? I hope & think so as he is a good player & at the start of the season i would have put him in front of Ade but he is proveing me wrong & now he'll only get called into the team if we have a bigger club or Tottenham lol ;)

Song as i've already said on another topic on here that he done well at the back & my mate & i both said he was the MOTM or at least the most improved player for Arsenal as he has had alot of stick thrown at him includeing myself but he done well in the CB postion & he looked more suited there rather than being in the midfield where there just too many people fighting over it & now Diaby has been given a bench role insted of a man who gets called up now & again like last season

& i was happy that many players that i have never seen (i think) have been called into the team with them all being highly rated young players such as Fran Merida who was put on in the last second which was a shame but oh well this is a better reason why we need a home draw (because i want it to be lol) & lets hope a tenner for Gooners old & new go as i heard so many people saying how nice it is etc etc, even two guys had a photo done with my mate in the Arsenal shop getting over exited for this game which now i don't blame them
Last edited by REG on Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
REG
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:50 pm

where can i gets highlights people? :(
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Cheese » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:35 pm

hi guys just got in me and my grandad really enjoyed the match :mrgreen: although both very tierd and a bit merry ;) :lol:
Love to all i'll talk about the game tomorrow morning bye x.

oo before i go who the feck nicked my programme they was £2 for feck sake and i ended up buying three throughout the nite :x

Congrats to Bend and Den great goals :mrgreen: :flag: :trophy: :arsenal: 8)
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby rvtheace » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:13 am

For anyone who hasn't caught the goals:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvixIWdDVog

Awesome result for us. Wish I could have watched the match, it's always fun to see a few new faces.

Incredibly, not a single player from the Starting XI was in the squad.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ozgooner » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:39 am

2 great goals :flag: :flag: and how good was the save by senderos :respect: doin the legendary number 6 shirt a service ;)

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Trina » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:57 am

Thanks rv!!

What a save from Senderos, the whole game he sounded to have done well. Lets hope this is the way forward with him!!

Brilliant goal from Denilson aswell :arsenal:
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby CLS » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:20 am

what another great performance i honestly dont know how wenger does it but the guyS a genuis

my mate said the same reg , he said Song could easily be our new central defender he handled everything brilliantly he aslo said diarra was great and I love the new song they sang

(same tune as viera)

DIARRA OH OH OH OH
DIARRA OH OH OH OH
HE LEFT THE CHELSEA SCUM
CAUSE ASHLEY TICKLED HIS BUM
DIARRA OH OH OH OH
DIARRA OH OH OH OH
http://www.myspace.com/screema69

"IVE CHANGED MY SIG BUT IN CASE LRL FORGETS I AM
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2006
GOONER IDOL WINNER 2007
CAPTION COMP WINNER 2007 "
CLS
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby rvtheace » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:22 am

Yeah, Senderos was captain as well. First time for him, I guess.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby chrisbishop69 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:38 am

i thin diarra should have been MOTM he was excellent
Chris is Cool
chrisbishop69
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:05 am

That was some awesome defending from Senderos, lets hope that the glimpse of brilliance we saw from him last night will continue.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby insomnia » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:06 am

What a rocket from Denilson...

Pick that out!! 8)
insomnia
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:18 am

Just to add, its an encouraging sign from Fabianski too, not to conceed on his debut.
:arsenal:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby gooner-geeza » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:47 am

Fabianski was great last night, Just watching him take control was exciting! My Cousins and I thought Senderos was MOTM, because he was always involved besides a few Mis-happs but he was solid through-out and that great Clearance of the line was well saved as Fabianski had 2 commit to off-put Martins....but I wish i was on the North side of the goals :( !.

But at HT me and my cousin made a bet as we bought 2 pies each which predicted the scoreline ;) .

Oi Reg....U thought the derby game was bad with that fella yeah! Well we had a stupid Assistant at our kiosk, who was bloody slow as we did'nt get back to our seats until the players came out of the Tunnel.....Well Frustrated thou :x .

At HT did anyone hear the numbers been called out from the back of the programme pls??
gooner-geeza
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby chrisbishop69 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:49 am

Spenderos was no way near man of the match i thougth he was a liability he kept falling over and his positioning was aweful
Chris is Cool
chrisbishop69
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby gooner-geeza » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:08 pm

chrisbishop69 wrote:Spenderos was no way near man of the match i thougth he was a liability he kept falling over and his positioning was aweful

Who do you feel MOTD was for U Chris??
gooner-geeza
Charlie George
Charlie George

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08