Arsenal Vs Newcastle | Carling Cup R3 25/09/07

Postby Libertine » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:10 pm

REG wrote:Bentner socred a goal we don't see often enough, a header from a cross & could he be that Johny Radford we've been needing????

Jonny Radford!?!?!? :mrgreen:

You had the old videos out again Reg?

Or are you lying about your age? ;)
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby REG » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:18 pm

I'm not lying about my age lol :p
plus i haven't seen much of him but the way he scored (with over 100 goals) is something we have been needing for a long while now, Eddy could also fit into the role but Radford in a way could fit in the 2007 Arsenal team
REG
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Libertine » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:21 pm

You don't have to go back as far as Big Raddy mate.

If Alan Smith was playing in this current team he'd have a field day!
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby REG » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:27 pm

Ture
I'm worried about Eddy as he has the number 9 shirt which must have a magic spell by Smith with players like Jeffers & co haveing some glory but not as good as we wanted them to
But then again i'm impressed & he has quicky settled in & i think he can head a ball lol
REG
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gooner-geeza » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:38 pm

He was unlucky last nite...poor Dudu :(
gooner-geeza
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Cheese » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:43 pm

Firstly apologies for the previous post :oops: the "love to all" bit i blame my grandad for because he puts it at the end of every text :roll: :lol:

Last night was great taking my grandad to his first game at the Grove made it all the enjoyable because i don't see him as much as i would like.

Getting there was a nightmare lucky we left at 16:30 aiming to get up there two hours early but we finaly got up there about 18:30 so not to bad, i felt sorry for the fans still pooring through the gates 15 minutes into the game.

The game it's self was great stuff to watch, seeing Fabianski making his competitive debut and looking like he would be able to cope if he was needed in the premiership was reasuring, if i remember correctly Fabianski won every ball crossed into his 6 yard area, also making a great save from a Martins header in the first half to keep the scores level.
I was dissapointed with Philippe 'the fake not so good Tony Adams' Senderos with his performance, on a number of occasions he let the ball bounce over his head, however he did pull of a great off the line clearance towards the end of the game which if that had of gone in we could of been going into extra time.
The rest of the back for did a solid job at the back, Song made a few mistakes but overall did enough to grant his place in the starting 11.
Hoyte and Traore were both great going forward and putting crosses into a dangerous area unfortunatly the chances wasn't being put away, Shay Given did make some good saves though.
A midfield of Walcott, Diarra, Denilson and Eboue is a midfield good enough to challenge any Premiership team.
Diarra was very impressive on his debut start for us i thought he worked hard all night and learning that he only cost £2m makes his performance seem even greater (great buy Arsene).
Up front Eduardo and Bendtner worked well together Eduardo was unlucky not to score, as for Bendtnar missed some good chances but in the end scored a great goal with a fantasticly placed header from a Traore cross.
How can i forget the Brazilian wizzkid's goal and what a way to get your first goal for the club, (watch out Cesc your place isn't that safe ;) ).
So overall a great performance by the team, i have been to all home games this season apart from Portsmouth but this win against Newcastle was my favorite so far.

The talk of Arsenal not being title contenders and not having strenth in depth is slowly disapearing and a few jernolists are looking a bit red face.

West Ham away next never a easy game but hopefully we can pick up our first win against them since they got promoted back in 2005.
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby rvtheace » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:47 pm

Nice one 1886!

That really was a fantastic cross from Traore.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Cheese » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:53 pm

I forgot to say my highlight of the night was seeing my grandad stand up and wave my scarf around when Denilson scored :lol:
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08