The Boss

Postby insomnia » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:08 pm

Ade's goal was a absolute peach!

Fabregas looked quality once again also.. :mrgreen:
insomnia
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby spacebutler » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:51 pm

Adebayor shots were mostly on target, well except for one sitter but an improvement non the less. he's such a work horse he is always making intelligent runs and trying to find decent positions, if he improves his finishing, like today. I can see him scoring 20 goals +
Robin Van Persie Legend in the making
spacebutler
Liam Brady

Postby ljh2805 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:03 am

insomnia wrote:Ade's goal was a absolute peach!

Fabregas looked quality once again also.. :mrgreen:

Totally agree, and its nice to see them not trying to walk the ball in the net at long last.

ljh2805
Liam Brady

Postby StLGooner » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:21 am

Trina wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Just seen the Bent miss :h:

thats what 16.5 million get ya.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Trina » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:46 am

The goals have also been posted on Goonersworld's myspace (which you can get to in the drop down menu at the top of the forum)
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:20 am

:trophy: :trophy: :trophy:

*We are top of the league! we are top of the league!*

Watched the full 90 on Football 1st last night, and even though i knew the score i did not enjoy seeing the yids score against us!

Thought Ade's equaliser was neat, nice header into the back of the net, loved the way he ran behind the goal lifting/kissing the badge on his shirt passed the sp**s supporters, to the Arsenal corner! looked as though he was going to dive in among the Gooners!!! :lol: TBH for a split 2nd i thought oh f**k he's going to get booked for inciting the yiddos!

Cecs goal was once again a sublime screamer, is it me or does Cesc not score scrappy goals? thats 5 to his tally now & each one has been a pearler from about 30yds out! :mrgreen:

Adebayors 2nd goal.....WOW!!!!
That has got to be up there for goal of the month if not goal of the season, beautiful, 2 touch, control the ball, turn & BANG!
It had something quite Bergkamp-esq about it!

Also i wanted to mention Clichy, he worked his socks off yesterday.

Laughed at the Almunia/Huddlestone incident, espec when the pundits were saying Huddlestone should be in the England RUGBY team, good player, probably one of their best prospects but needs to cut out the crap....too dirty for my liking atm.

Bent? £16m ...yur having a laugh! :lol:

:goonergirlie: :goonergirlie: :goonergirlie:
:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby rvtheace » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:35 am

Cecs goal was once again a sublime screamer, is it me or does Cesc not score scrappy goals? thats 5 to his tally now & each one has been a pearler from about 30yds out!

Hmmm? Cesc has mostly been scoring his goals from inside the box, where he has been showing more hunger to score.

Before the screamer against the spuds, his longest range strike was just on the edge of the box against sparta.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:35 am

rvtheace wrote:
Cecs goal was once again a sublime screamer, is it me or does Cesc not score scrappy goals? thats 5 to his tally now & each one has been a pearler from about 30yds out!

Hmmm? Cesc has mostly been scoring his goals from inside the box, where he has been showing more hunger to score.

Before the screamer against the spuds, his longest range strike was just on the edge of the box against sparta.

Only just, but whatever, he still scores great goals, not cheap scrappy looking ones. ;)

May it long continue! :mrgreen:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Trina » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:46 am

Wenger: 'This team is blossoming and growing'

On the performance...
"I was very pleased with the quality of our game and the mental strength we showed aswell as the togetherness."

On keeping belief...
"I could not fault the team at half time. I thought we had played well we just had not taken the chances. I thought that if we kept the pace high in the game like we did that we'd have a good chance to win the game."

On being top...
"I was optimistic we could start the season well. I thought it was very important to do that. We needed to strengthen the belief in the side after Thierry left."

On coping without Thierry Henry...
"No we have not forgotten Thierry. But we have shown that the team is blossoming and growing. That was planned but you never know how fast it will happen."

On the opening goal from Spurs...
"Yes [I was disappointed]. It was a left-footed player just around the wall. But when I saw it again on the screen it looked like it hit the post. That made it a bit difficult for the keeper. But maybe the wall should have been a bit more on the right."

On Cesc Fabregas scoring goals...
"Now he can't stop scoring when before he could not. That shows the importance of what goes on in your head."

On the pressure on Martin Jol...
"I don't know the situation he is in. You can only see what the newspapers say. But you always have sympathy for people going through bad periods. It happened to me and everybody. That is where the clubs just have to be solid and support their manager."
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:06 pm

hehe just a little point to add....but now i completely understand the white shirt thing, not only being commerative to Chapman...but it was a stroke of genius for other reasons.....

We get to play in our home kit at the lane! :mrgreen: :lol:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Arsenal_4_Life » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:32 pm

i thought adebayors goal was a lot like henrys against man utd that time, same sort of turn and finish.
Arsenal_4_Life
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby REG » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:51 pm

Arsenal_4_Life wrote:i thought adebayors goal was a lot like henrys against man utd that time, same sort of turn and finish.

A Spurs fan i know thought it was even better than that
REG
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby SE13 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:44 pm

Yes!! I have internet-ish, and what a time to discover it!!

3-1, we beat The Scum 3-1 (repeat to fade)

Only bits I saw were the highlights on MOTD this morning, but what a goal from Ade!!

Cesc with another strike to take his tally to more than that of last season.

What a result, what a day.

Middlesex for top four? Yeah right :lol:

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08