Spurs Vs Arsenal | Premiership 15/09/07

Postby rvtheace » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:58 pm

BTW, it was hilarious watching Cesc run away after his goal, and Ade trying to catch him, flapping in the air doing a very good impression of Paul Robinson.

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:
rvtheace wrote:
Cecs goal was once again a sublime screamer, is it me or does Cesc not score scrappy goals? thats 5 to his tally now & each one has been a pearler from about 30yds out!

Hmmm? Cesc has mostly been scoring his goals from inside the box, where he has been showing more hunger to score.

Before the screamer against the spuds, his longest range strike was just on the edge of the box against sparta.

Only just, but whatever, he still scores great goals, not cheap scrappy looking ones. ;)

May it long continue! :mrgreen:

He scored a lovely scrappy goal against Pompey. ;)
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ozgooner » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:36 pm

great game , great goals (especially the 2nd and 3rd) and i got to watch it at a spuds house then make him wear my henry shirt ( the pic is up on the picture gallery ) and we are top of the league !!! life is f&*king great my fellow gooners ;) :dance:

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Gunflash » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:32 am

Adebayor scored with a header from a free-kick. That's a good sign because Arsenal hardly ever score that type of goal.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby gooner-geeza » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:01 am

WHAT a game that was guys...lol! had to watch the Last word on Skysports 2nite with Andy and Rich.....Who watched it???

It was nice to hear Good Ol' Andy praising Cesc and how old he is with his marvellous talent :respect: !! As it was grand to hear this aswell as Adebayor's praise and contribution.

But when i watched Sevilla Vs Recreativo 2nite or earlier....the commentator had to rub it in to say that Sevilla has fired a warning for weds nights game as Sevilla came out with a 4-1......that does'nt really bother me as it's group stages and we need to qualify 1st or 2nd.....but i feel we should be focused as Arsene believes that our gunners can Rule Europe....even though other teams are looking to destroy other parties.

But Saturdays game was assuring as we had another victory over the Spuds...and may i say 52nd Win in 141 or 142 meetings and the next line-up with Spuds is in December 22.....Hmmmmmmm, That day last season we hurt them then at home so we should have this one under control......but i'm well happy with our play and the squad...even though i had doubts with Flamini's play!! even RVP was not himself but he was in the game no matter the commentator said on match day about him being quiet.....he bloody set up Cesc to score that beauty :005: :mrgreen:
gooner-geeza
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby ozgooner » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:34 am

T................/´¯/
O.............,/¯ /
T............/..../
T....../´¯/`...`/´¯¯`·¸
E...../`/... . ./......./¨¯\
N...(`(...(...(.... ¯~/`..`)
H..\.................`.../
A...`\`...\.......... _.·´
M......\..............(
.......\.............\
S.........\...........\
C..........\...........\
U...........
M

W****rs!

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:07 pm

LOL Love it Ozzie! :mrgreen: :lol: :trophy: :arsenal:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby REG » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:53 pm

Man Oz you must of spent a day on that lol ;)
REG
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby SE13 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:20 pm

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

I was very pleased with the quality of our performance at Tottenham. We showed mental strength as well as togetherness after going a goal down.

Even though we trailed at half time I could not fault the team. I thought we had played well but, up to that point, we had not taken our chances. I thought that if we kept the pace of our game high then we'd have a good chance to win. That's what happened.

I was a bit disappointed with the opening goal from Gareth Bale. It was a left-footed player taking a free kick just around the wall and when I saw it again on TV it looked like it hit the post, which would have made it a bit difficult for the keeper. But maybe our wall should have been better placed.

Cesc Fabregas set up two goals and scored once again. This season he can't stop scoring whereas before he could not score enough. That shows the importance of what goes on in your head.

As for the Tottenham manager Martin Jol, I don't know the situation he is in. You can only read what the newspapers say. But I always have sympathy for people going through bad periods. It happened to me and everybody else. This is when clubs have to be solid and support their manager.

We finished the weekend at the top of the Premier League table. I was optimistic we could start the season well and I thought it was very important to do that because we needed to strengthen the belief in the squad after losing Thierry Henry.

Of course we have not forgotten about Thierry but we have shown that the team is blossoming and growing. That was planned of course but you never know how fast it will happen.

Finally, some injury news ahead of Wednesday's Champions League game against Sevilla. Philippe Senderos is available after suspension and Lassana Diarra is also available. William Gallas, Emmanuel Eboue and Jens Lehmann will not be back.

Thanks for your support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Sims » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:30 pm

Shitspur only beat derby 4-0, pathetic, We beat em by 5 ;)
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Re:

Postby FromSydney » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:34 pm

tonyrampanttiger wrote:who the f#ck is darren bent!!!

I accidently called him David Bent when I sent a message to a fellow Gooner after the game.
I just registered on this site after having Goonersworld as a Myspace contact for several months and wanted to see the comments that were sent during the Spurs match.

Come on Arsenal, we're proud to say that name.
:flag:
FromSydney
Liam Brady

Re: Re:

Postby Fordy » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:40 pm

FromSydney wrote:

I accidently called him David Bent when I sent a message to a fellow Gooner after the game.
I just registered on this site after having Goonersworld as a Myspace contact for several months and wanted to see the comments that were sent during the Spurs match.

welcome mate
Fordy

Re: Re:

Postby FromSydney » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:57 am

Fordy wrote:
FromSydney wrote:

welcome mate

Thanks for the warm welcome.
I love the Goodfellas/Scarface picture. I haven't seen either film. I know, I should, especially since I've seen Robert DeNiro, Joe Pesci and Al Pacino in a couple of films and they're all awesome, especially Joe Pesci. Actually I've seen a bit of the censored version of "Scarface", which is probably not quite as good and one scene from "Goodfellas" ("How am I funny?").

Thanks again from the welcome.
FromSydney
Liam Brady

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2007-08