Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool (Champions League 1)

Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool (Champions League 1)

Postby SE13 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:18 pm

Half time in this fixture, and Liverpool may have a slight edge, scoring a vital away goal and holding The Gunners to a draw. Arsenal are left looking to the replays of Milan with which to gain some belief, in the hope of repeating the feat. The supporters must think back to 1989 and gain some belief from that game!

Arsenal took the lead quite deservedly through Adebayor midway through the first half. But that slender lead lasted only just over a minute, only for Liverpool to race down the other end and equalise through Dutchman Dirk Kuyt.

The second half totally belonged to Arsenal, who dominated. Chance after chance were failed to be converted. Arsenal having a great shout for a penalty, and the unfortunate Bendtner getting in the way of a goalbound shot on the line. Another one of those nights where it was not to be. However, one felt a great sense of upset after the fixture with AC Milan, and Arsenal produced what they needed to in that second leg, so who is to say they can not do the same at Anfield?

Liverpool will be happier with the draw, especially as they were second best for long, long stretches of the first leg.

The return leg is away at Anfield on Tuesday evening.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Return to Match Reports 07/08