Arsenal 3-0 Fulham

Arsenal 3-0 Fulham

Postby SE13 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:47 pm

Arsenal bounced back from the disappointment of dropped points against Birmingham to win all three points on The Banks of The River Thames with three unanswered goals, two from Adebayor and a late one from Tomas Rosicky, brought back into the side at the expense of Theo Walcott.

Arsenal bossed the game from the outset, and reduced Fulham to little in the way of chances. The Gunners opened the scoring on twenty minutes with a headed goal. Last season, this would be something of a rarity, however Wengers side have added a new dimension to their play, in the ability to cross and find a vacant head to nod the ball home. On this occasion, Adebayor left Fulham keeper Antii Neimi rooted to the spot as he connected powerfully from a cross from Gael Clichy after good work from Rosicky. And as if to prove that this was no fluke, Ade popped up with another almost identical goal six minutes before the break, allowing Arsenal the luxury of cruising home to victory.

The second half took on a familiar pattern, with The Gunners controlling the game for long periods. So much so, that Arsene Wenger did not make a single change to the starting eleven, although this was slightly in doubt when Phillipe Senderos went down after a collision with a Fulham player, and required treatment to a rather sore looking nasal problem. The incident did spur Fulham on, and they began to rally around, however Arsenal stood firm, and indeed went on to prove their superiority by adding a late third, courtesy of some fine work from Eduardo, and a class finish from Rosicky.

Not enough to return Arsenal to the summit, but the goal difference was cut, albeit only slightly, and level on points with the leaders, four clear of next placed Chelsea sees Arsenal in fine stead heading toward February.

Next up, a tricky tie with Newcastle a couple of days after playing them in The FA Cup. The Toon will be somewhat buoyed by the arrival of Kevin Keegan, so a potential banana skin awaits.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Re: Arsenal 3-0 Fulham

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:57 pm

Good stuff Chris. :1:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Arsenal 3-0 Fulham

Postby rvtheace » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:32 am

Nice one man, it was the Arsenal of old, with awesome play on the wings.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Return to Match Reports 07/08