Dudu burst's West Ham's bubbles

Dudu burst's West Ham's bubbles

Postby rodney » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:00 pm

A very comfortable day, is how I would sum up today's game. I was really expecting a lot more from West Ham and ourselves, but the two early goals really killed the game and we were happy to take it easy for the rest of the game and West Ham were happy with just a 2-0 defeat. It's the first time in a long time that I've been to an Arsenal game that is so lifeless. The bloody West Ham fans and their bloody bubbles though jesus christ how many times do they have to sing that song.

We got off to the best possible start after some great play from Tommy and Cesc. Cesc played a great ball into Eduardo's who chest control and finish were superb. 3 goals in 2 games and his overall performance was very good today. Wenger mentioned in his programme notes that his overall game needed to improve and today his overall game was very good. After the perfect start it then got better Ade got onto a through ball and managed to get to it before Green and headed it past him, it looked like he had put it too far in front of him, but with his left foot he managed to direct it towards goal and the ball then came off the post and spun in. Don't know how it went in, but that is another goal for Ade and he is now well on his way to scoring 20 goals this season. West Ham had a couple of half chances with Noble going fairly close. Freddie was unlucky at a corner as it appeared Clichy knew nothing about his clearence off the line. Carlton Cole also came mightly close after a deflection on his shot from Toure. Freddie also forced another good save from England's number 1

Freddie came off injured which reminded me a lot of his last two years at the club. He got a standing ovation though as he came off, which he thorougly deserved for his performances at the club over his 8-9 years at the club. Appears he is still very much picking up niggling injuries which appear to be ruining his career. I can't believe Curbishely didn't bring Ashton on and put two up front especially being two goals down. Instead the brought on a youngster who gave the ball away an awful lot and seemed scared on the big stage.

Coming out in the second half I knew the next goal would be crucial as it would either kill the game, or give West Ham a massive boost we'd already blown a 2-0 league against Sunderland this season. However, West Ham didn't come at us like I expected and neither did we attempt to push on. We played the ball around nicely, but never threatened West Ham and with Cole on his own up front we coped easily with their attack. Pantsil who appears to be something of a West Ham legend couldn't get past Clichy all game long and Hoyte was very solid on the other side. I'd like to see Justin play again on Sunday as he has been really good in the games he has played in and it would give Sagna a nice mid season break.

Flamini was again brilliant in his holding role. He broke up play, won his tackles and won a number of key headers for a small man. Rosicky also played well today and hopefully he will kick on in the league and Champions league for us.

Ade came close to scoring his second on two occassions both just going wide. Hleb had one of his I will refuse to shoot moments when it seemed all he would have to do is role the ball into the corner he chose to pass to Tommy and another chance gone. Theo had a good chance, but after good work hit a 5 year olds shot at the keeper. He then appeared to injure his shoulder as well, which he had so many problems with last season so hopefully that isn't a recurrence of an old injury.

Overall a good three points and are still two points ahead of United :D
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Re: Dudu burst's West Ham's bubbles

Postby Fordy » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:01 pm

nice one mate good read
Fordy

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:14 pm

Great write up Rodders. :1:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Younggooner08 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:07 am

Nice one
Imagee
Younggooner08
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Cheese » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:25 am

Nice report Rodders

we got a double dose of the great Dudu this week and i hope he plays against Burnley :1:
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby AFC RED ARMY » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:49 pm

nice1 m8 like the headline :rolf23:
AFC RED ARMY
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:43 pm

Great report mate and great title :lol:

I was glad to see Freddy clapped as he came off because he was world class in his prime, i thought some sections may boo him due to his words towards us after he left. Still i bet he wishes he never said that Arsenal are a spent force :lol:
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Match Reports 07/08