Match Reporters Needed

Match Reporters Needed

Postby rvtheace » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:13 pm

Reporters Needed!!!
Even in this era of live television and Internet streams, match reports are an essential part of football, bringing matches to life with words. People read them to find out about matches they couldn't watch, or simply to relive the excitement of a great game.

Gooner's World has dedicated this section to match reports, preferably written by members. If you have even the slightest hint of writing ability, this is a great avenue to express your skills. Every match is an event, and given the nature of our beloved team, every match is exciting. You should easily be able to get your creative juices flowing, provided that you do not have too many fermented juices flowing through you.

So for those of you who are able to watch the match live, and feel sober enough to write a report on it, send me a PM before, during, or even soon after the match.

Some of us mods are always up for it, but I'm sure there are more of you who could come up with killer reports. Preferably, we don't want the same person doing the report more than twice in a row. If nobody is able to do the write up, then we'll just post the report from .com. Do NOT let that happen.

RULES & GUIDELINES
1. As we all know, size is overrated. So do not worry about length, but make it substantial. ;) Personally, I always seem to end up writing lengthy reports, but hey, keeping it short and sweet is a valid option too.
2. NO SMS SPELLING! There is no need for perfect English, but good spelling, grammar and punctuation is a must to make your report readable.
3. There is no fixed format you have to follow. Just as a tip, things you could focus on are the goals, chances, turning points, individual performances, how effective the team was, your emotional swings through the match, etc...
4. How you write the report is up to you. You may want to keep notes during the match, or like me, you may just write whatever happens to remain in your head after the game.
5. It goes without saying, do not plagiarise.

Post any questions you have here.
Last edited by rvtheace on Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Trina » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:22 pm

If anyone wants to do the match report tonight can you let me or rvtheace know as soon as possible please.

Thanks.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby gooner-geeza » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:50 pm

Trina wrote:If anyone wants to do the match report tonight can you let me or rvtheace know as soon as possible please.

Thanks.

OOOOooooooooh does that mean that i can't write what i feel about the match anytime.....i'm not saying that i'll like to do it, but i'll get distracted if i do :roll:
gooner-geeza
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby rvtheace » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:18 pm

OOOOooooooooh does that mean that i can't write what i feel about the match anytime

You're welcome to say what you want when you want, but this section is for comprehensive reviews, so if you want to do that, please pop me a PM before someone else takes the trouble to do so.

And what would it distract you from? :p
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gooner-geeza » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:48 pm

Frustration on the game......i'll b an emotional reck RV.....even if we do win :oops:

But thanks RV for that as i'll use another section or MAY b this one....hehe
Last edited by gooner-geeza on Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gooner-geeza
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby rvtheace » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:05 am

Whatevva rocks yer boat maan. 8)
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Re: Match Reporters Needed

Postby Libertine » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:48 pm

rvtheace wrote:So for those of you who are able to watch the match live, and feel sober enough to write a report on it

Well that rules me out. :mrgreen:
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby rvtheace » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:53 am

Rats. Though the occasional drunken rave would not hurt!
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Cheese » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:30 pm

I would do one but dont think im to good at giving a match report :roll:
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby SE13 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:14 pm

All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:I would do one but dont think im to good at giving a match report :roll:

If it's ok with you, you did one in The Match Thread. A quick tweak here and there, and it will be perfect. It's your first hand report of what you saw, and would be perfect.

Thoughts?

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby rvtheace » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:32 am

SE13 wrote:
All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:I would do one but dont think im to good at giving a match report :roll:

If it's ok with you, you did one in The Match Thread. A quick tweak here and there, and it will be perfect. It's your first hand report of what you saw, and would be perfect.

Thoughts?

Yerp, go for it 1886! We don't have a report for the Newcastle match yet.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Cheese » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:12 am

I'll do a match report for the Newcastle game if you want?
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Fordy » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:14 am

yes mate you can do
Fordy

Postby Cheese » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:48 am

I will do a report now do you want me to send it to you first or just put it up?
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby rvtheace » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:07 am

All_Arsenal_1886 wrote:I will do a report now do you want me to send it to you first or just put it up?

Put it up, no probs. Create a topic and fire away. :e:
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Next

Return to Match Reports 07/08