Checkatrade Trophy

Post any news and talk about Arsenal next generation.

Re: Checkatrade Trophy

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:40 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:So as we finished 2nd in our group, we're in the round of 32, and have been drawn to play Portsmouth away.

Kick off tomorrow evening at 7:45. A single knockout game decided on the night.

Tough test.


I'll be there. Pompey have had just over 48 hours to prepare while our youth have had a week off so I can see us winning this comfortably like we did up at Coventry, especially if we play Eddie and ESR.


Do you live on the south coast then RG?


I'm in Kent so drive down and hotel overnight.
User avatar
Royal Gooner
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8724
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: Checkatrade Trophy

Postby Phil71 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:46 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:So as we finished 2nd in our group, we're in the round of 32, and have been drawn to play Portsmouth away.

Kick off tomorrow evening at 7:45. A single knockout game decided on the night.

Tough test.


I'll be there. Pompey have had just over 48 hours to prepare while our youth have had a week off so I can see us winning this comfortably like we did up at Coventry, especially if we play Eddie and ESR.


Do you live on the south coast then RG?


I'm in Kent so drive down and hotel overnight.


Oh right. Any particular reason why you have a keen interest in the Academy team?
User avatar
Phil71
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3206
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: Checkatrade Trophy

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:51 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:So as we finished 2nd in our group, we're in the round of 32, and have been drawn to play Portsmouth away.

Kick off tomorrow evening at 7:45. A single knockout game decided on the night.

Tough test.


I'll be there. Pompey have had just over 48 hours to prepare while our youth have had a week off so I can see us winning this comfortably like we did up at Coventry, especially if we play Eddie and ESR.


Do you live on the south coast then RG?


I'm in Kent so drive down and hotel overnight.


Oh right. Any particular reason why you have a keen interest in the Academy team?


They're still an Arsenal team plus they are playing top L1+2 clubs in a senior competition with a Wembley final on offer. Not to mention gives a silver like me a chance to go and visit these grounds that we don't see often and indeed see the Arsenal play away.

I am just disappointed that Arsenal aren't promoting it, it was a job to do the digging and get the ticketing information myself because the club wasn't providing it. We got 183 Gooners at Coventry (including a certain Tony Adams!) so if the club promoted it, the youngsters would get even more support that could only help them.
User avatar
Royal Gooner
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8724
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: Checkatrade Trophy

Postby Phil71 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:08 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:So as we finished 2nd in our group, we're in the round of 32, and have been drawn to play Portsmouth away.

Kick off tomorrow evening at 7:45. A single knockout game decided on the night.

Tough test.


I'll be there. Pompey have had just over 48 hours to prepare while our youth have had a week off so I can see us winning this comfortably like we did up at Coventry, especially if we play Eddie and ESR.


Do you live on the south coast then RG?


I'm in Kent so drive down and hotel overnight.


Oh right. Any particular reason why you have a keen interest in the Academy team?


They're still an Arsenal team plus they are playing top L1+2 clubs in a senior competition with a Wembley final on offer. Not to mention gives a silver like me a chance to go and visit these grounds that we don't see often and indeed see the Arsenal play away.

I am just disappointed that Arsenal aren't promoting it, it was a job to do the digging and get the ticketing information myself because the club wasn't providing it. We got 183 Gooners at Coventry (including a certain Tony Adams!) so if the club promoted it, the youngsters would get even more support that could only help them.


Fair play to you.

Back in the 80s I’d go and watch every game I could, including the reserves. Talking of Adams, I saw his first game back in the reserves after he got out of prison. Went upstairs in the east stand and sat next to Rory McGrath. Nice fella. Proper gooner.

I think this is a great competition for our young lads to be in.
User avatar
Phil71
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3206
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: Checkatrade Trophy

Postby starmandb » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:46 pm

Commentary of Portsmouth v Arsenal on talksport 2
Tues 4th Dec 7-45 pm
Koscielny in line to play a part
User avatar
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 11322
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 am

Re: Checkatrade Trophy

Postby Phil71 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:42 pm

0-1 down at half time.
User avatar
Phil71
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3206
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: Checkatrade Trophy

Postby Phil71 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:41 pm

Agh!

Lost 2-1.
User avatar
Phil71
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3206
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: Checkatrade Trophy

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:58 pm

If we had our young stars of ESR, Eddie, Willock playing then we'd have won this. Apart from Saka's goal there wasn't much to shout about.
User avatar
Royal Gooner
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8724
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:38 pm

Previous

Return to The Reserves and Youths

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest