FA Youth Cup

Post any news and talk about Arsenal's next generation.

Re: Fa youth cup

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:02 am

Lost 3-1

Went 1-0 up and had great defence but after they scored it all went to pot

Our 700 or so fans were excellent, singing all match and we didn't hear a peep out of the full east stand that they had. Though Stamford Bridge is a sh*thole. Oil on the seats, poor views and it so dilapidated.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby generalanal » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:46 pm

Still can turn this around. Don't know Why he took Off Smith rowe
generalanal
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:58 pm

Second leg about to kick off very shortly.

Arsenals very own is there to watch.

SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby kojak » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:06 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:Lost 3-1

Went 1-0 up and had great defence but after they scored it all went to pot

Our 700 or so fans were excellent, singing all match and we didn't hear a peep out of the full east stand that they had. Though Stamford Bridge is a sh*thole. Oil on the seats, poor views and it so dilapidated.

Oil on the seats? You'll have to elaborate on that one. Dilapidated? Well, the stadium has been there since 1877, CFC since 1905, so it is an old stadium but the stands have been rebuilt a few times. You don't have to build new though, you can fully refurbish to bring the stands up to date more. The facilities are no worse or no better than any ground I've been in, more or less anyway.
The views, in my honest opinion, are excellent from all middle & top tiers, I don't see how you can have complaints about them, they are nice & close to the pitch & all but the two goal ends have padded seats. I do accept though that the views from the lower tiers are not good enough in this day & age (West Stand apart), the other three lower tiers are not great views I agree.
A couple of other aspects that you didn't mention though & that I would say are a big plus for grounds like Stamford Bridge. Chelsea are one of less & less clubs that have only ever had the one home & I know for a fact Chelsea fans cherish this fact.
Also---character. Do modern day stadiums like the Emirates have much character & individuality, I don't think so, so many stadiums seem so similar to me & I don't like that. If you were dropped into 4 different places inside Emirates you wouldn't be able to see any difference. Stamford Bridge has 4 completely different sides, each with it's individual character. Highbury was a truly magnificent ground---one of the, if not the, best. WHL, S Bridge, Ellend rd, Anfield, Goodison, Villa pk, Hillsborough, etc, etc, etc, are not 'shitholes', they are fantastic football grounds each with their own very individual style, history, & character.

Sometime in the next 5-7 years Chelsea will also have to give up their current ground & accept a new modern day stadium that no doubt will have a lot of emphasis on VIP & hospitality (the way of the world now). Am I happy we will get a brand new stadium, well, no doubt it will have it's positives but there's no doubt in my mind that something is lost as well (call me an old fool--I'm 55). Anyway, I just thought I'd give my take on your comments, cheers.
kojak
Liam Brady

Postby kojak » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:11 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
KG3 wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:Arsenal thrash Blackpool 5-0

Final is Next Friday at Stamford Bridge and Second leg at Ashburton on Monday.

2 legs in a final?

Yes. IT's what we had last time when we were in it. I don't understand why Arsenal have slapped a 9,999 maximum capacity on this when the last time we were in the final we had 33,000 at Ashburton.

Plus tickets on sale now for the game at stamford bridge on next Friday and the return at Ashburton on Monday.

Hi, I know that at Stamford Bridge if the gate goes over 5,000 & something then the Fulham rd has to be closed which then entails paying the police & extra stewards & what have you so unless the club think they're going to get well over that figure, say like 10,000 odd, then they limit it to the 5,000.
I don't know if there's a similar thing that can apply at Arsenal or not but maybe there is & that's why Arsenal have put a limit on the gate size.
kojak
Liam Brady

Postby Santi » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:12 pm

0-3

f***ked
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby kojak » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:19 pm

As a Chelsea fan who has gone to both legs of this I just wanna say thanks to Arsenal for great organisation, both at the stadium & online beforehand with explaining things. Also--Chelsea charged £5 adults, £3 seniors & kids. Arsenal, for 48 hrs, charged nothing, all ST holders & members (Chelsea fans too) could get a ticket for free. Then after that 48hrs the charge was £4 adults, £2 seniors & kids. Credit to Arsenal for this, after all, most of us are quick when we have a complaint so it's only right one should give credit where credit's due.
kojak
Liam Brady

Postby Ach » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:20 pm

Live on ITV4

Just seen the score lol

Our kids are shit
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:49 pm

Our youth system must cost an absolute fortune to run.

A lot of those youngsters get paid thousands per week. And what do we get out of it? Two fifths of f**k all.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Byron Gomez » Tue May 01, 2018 12:25 pm

Our youngster are losers too? Losing 3-0 at home is poor.
"I've play against him, what? 12, 15, 18 times? , I dunno". "And only once he didn't moan and on that day we lost!" - Jose Mourinho
Byron Gomez
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Pudpop » Wed May 02, 2018 3:36 pm

Phil71 wrote:Our youth system must cost an absolute fortune to run.

A lot of those youngsters get paid thousands per week. And what do we get out of it? Two fifths of f**k all.
I mean, didn't they win the league?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Previous

Return to The Arsenal Academy