U18's through to the FA youth cup semi-final

Post any news and talk about Arsenal's next generation.

Re: U18's through to the FA youth cup semi-final

Postby Big17 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:39 pm

f**k! How did we not score from the free kick???
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:40 pm

Brave loss. Seems like I've seen this type of brave loss before tbh
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Big17 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:45 pm

Didn't deserve to go out in my opinion.

City have a better team overall whereas we have a few stand out players. Bielik, Willock and Nelson all stood out for me tonight and look like they have some sort of chance to make it here.

Adelaide was quite tonight which was disappointing, i'd like to of seen him out on the wing to be honest.
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby gooney » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:42 am

Willock is ready for the first team already. I honestly think he is already a better player than walcott. Obviously we have spent huge amount on Chamberlain and Walcott. But I really want to give couple of these kids game time next season. Willock and Jeff needs full time promotion. malen is a huge talent whi is more suited to senior football than youth football
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:25 am

Wenger highlighted Willock as our next big thing a couple seasons back.

Agree with Gooney, promote some of our youth. Look at the emergence of Iwobi, came out of nowhere and already looks like our best winger not named Sanchez.

Loan or sell Chamberlain, not bothered anymore.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Santi » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:24 am

Went to the game last night, was good even though we ended up on the wrong end of the result. Feel like we got shafted by the ref (yeah even at u18 level) but need to see the highlights to confirm a few things:

Looked like clear hack and pen after a smart turn - not sure
Completely missed the red card tackle but sounded bad - probs red but want to see
Ref finally showed at 87th min he had a yellow card for the whole game - why didn't he fuckin use it when they made 500 fouls?
How did we let them take that quick freekick for 2nd goal - somebody should've been stopping that, simple things.
Man City basically 3 shots 2 goals annoying!

Arsenal squad:
Thought Nelson was easily the best of our lot, Willock also looked good in the first half but seems he needs to work on his stamina. Nelson should definitely move up and either go on loan or start getting some minutes in cup.

Central midfield looks weak, Bennacer was crap last night and Jeff is by no means a CM, much better going forward and doesn't have the position sense for CM. Looks comfortable on the ball and very strong though. Yaya/Diaby like, just hope he doesn't get the injuries of the latter.

Defence looks shocking even at this level, individuals look alright but the tactics and positional play is so weak. Cost us both goals and only ever looked like we had 1/2 defenders. Bielik looks comfortable on the ball but bit of a shite defender and Bola looked cool, looked like the fun joker (read: Eboue) but don't think he's gonna be a CB, can pass well though. Chiori Johnson (RB) looked decent until he got tired and seemed to pick up an injury, just very Arsenalised already and overthinks it when he's in the final third.

Suprise package - 14 McGuane - had to fill in at CB after Bola's nightmare but looked very composed when he replaced Bennacer at CM, was like replacing our Welsh boyo with Elneny, he actually maintained position and could pick some good passes. Would like to see more of him and maybe Jeff would look better next to him as his positioning wouldn't matter so much.

They're not all world beaters but definitely some talent there. City didn't have anything special to be honest, a lot of height and strength but outside of pinging it from full back to full back and 2 shots 2 goals, they didn't look up to much.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Big17 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:44 am

Completely forgot about that penalty we should of got! It was a clear foul, disgusting that the ref didn't give it seeing how close he was to it.

I really like Willock. He's quick, skilful and isn't afraid to have a shot at goal which is one of the best qualities you can have in a young player.

Nelson is only 16, I think he's fine representing at u18/u21 level for now. I expect we'll see him on tour in the summer.

We've definitely got a handful of promising youngsters which is refreshing.
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Pudpop » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:54 am

Good players and played well but still lost?

More bottlers is not what we need. Sell the lot of them. Use the funds to buy Barkley
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby gooney » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:14 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Wenger highlighted Willock as our next big thing a couple seasons back.

Agree with Gooney, promote some of our youth. Look at the emergence of Iwobi, came out of nowhere and already looks like our best winger not named Sanchez.

Loan or sell Chamberlain, not bothered anymore.

Wenger needs to be brave. Sometimes talented youngster just flourish in the first team. This summer the most wanted player is Dembele and people are talking about 30 million pound. Last summer Salzburg was offerd to him for 2 million euros and they thought he wasnt worth it. A talented kid can surprise you. rashford for United is another one, he is a player they never spoke about even in their forum as he wasnt seen massive talent. out of injuries he got a chance and shocked everyone. I think Wenger knows this and is afraid the problem it can cause. He gave campbell a chance this season and he surprised him. He gave Iwobi a chance and is keeping established players who are on massive wages on the bench. sometimes we forget the politics of football. If we promote another kid and he really shines, then Wenger has serious problems
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DarkskinJahmane » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:49 am

lol now ppl want youngsters in the 1st team...btw the last thing AW has a problem with is promoting a youngster who is good enough
DarkskinJahmane
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:09 am

DarkskinJahmane wrote:lol now ppl want youngsters in the 1st team...btw the last thing AW has a problem with is promoting a youngster who is good enough

You say it like youngsters can't make an impact.

I'd rather see Iwobi/Jeff get game time and actually improve instead of watching Chamberlain/Walcott continue to go nowhere.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Previous

Return to The Arsenal Academy