Arsenal sign Leicester scout

Post any news and talk about Arsenal next generation.

Re: Arsenal sign Leicester scout

Postby Sims » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:54 pm

didn't realise injuries tied into a players ability

it's like saying Giroud a better striker than van Persie was
Image
User avatar
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016
 
Posts: 28742
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:47 pm
Location: East London

Re: Arsenal sign Leicester scout

Postby Cripps » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:57 pm

So your answer is?

Ok I'll make it easier. Who has better end product over the last 5 years?
Cripps
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 43234
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:05 pm

Re: Arsenal sign Leicester scout

Postby Sims » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:05 pm

Cripps wrote:So your answer is?

Ok I'll make it easier. Who has better end product over the last 5 years?


you think iniesta is overrated ffs

football isn't judged on fantasy football points
Image
User avatar
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016
 
Posts: 28742
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:47 pm
Location: East London

Re: Arsenal sign Leicester scout

Postby Cripps » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:08 pm

Sims wrote:
Cripps wrote:So your answer is?

Ok I'll make it easier. Who has better end product over the last 5 years?


you think iniesta is overrated ffs

football isn't judged on fantasy football points

Neither is it on pretty passing which you love.

Give me end product every day of the week.

Anyway back on topic, this Leicester scout. Is he decent or just another Bruce Forsythe type acquisition for our our staff?
Cripps
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 43234
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:05 pm

Re: Arsenal sign Leicester scout

Postby Gunpowder » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:30 pm

Cripps wrote:
Sims wrote:
Cripps wrote:So your answer is?

Ok I'll make it easier. Who has better end product over the last 5 years?


you think iniesta is overrated ffs

football isn't judged on fantasy football points

Neither is it on pretty passing which you love.

Give me end product every day of the week.

Anyway back on topic, this Leicester scout. Is he decent or just another Bruce Forsythe type acquisition for our our staff?


Come on man you recently admitted Cazorla is better than Ramsey.

Barkley isn't a terrible player but he's not the player we need. We have a great CAM and Barkley lacks vision and passing to be a CM for us.
User avatar
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:48 pm
Location: İstanbul, Turkey

Re: Arsenal sign Leicester scout

Postby aniym » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:16 pm

Wrigglesworth sounds like the name of a cartoon mouse of some sort with glasses and a bow tie

Sent from my GEM-703L using Tapatalk
aniym
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5269
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:43 am

Re: Arsenal sign Leicester scout

Postby Jimmy Skitz » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:53 pm

just to point out, this bloke was only head of technical scouting recently, his predecessor left to join Spurs, Steve Walsh, not the ex player, our Assistant Manager, Head of Recruitment, is our true chief scout and the key to our system, but good luck to Ben in his new role
Jimmy Skitz
Ian Wright
Ian Wright
 
Posts: 761
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:57 pm

Re: Arsenal sign Leicester scout

Postby TOP » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:17 pm

we have more scouts than transfers
Image
User avatar
TOP
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4185
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:27 pm

Re: Arsenal sign Leicester scout

Postby Santi » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:20 pm

Jimmy Skitz wrote:just to point out, this bloke was only head of technical scouting recently, his predecessor left to join Spurs, Steve Walsh, not the ex player, our Assistant Manager, Head of Recruitment, is our true chief scout and the key to our system, but good luck to Ben in his new role



so we can't even sign the right scouts ? :doh:
Image

#YoPierre
User avatar
Santi
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017
 
Posts: 33029
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: Arsenal sign Leicester scout

Postby alexafc12 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:22 pm

This story has been over hyped so much ha. Don't expect him to come in and suddenly change our entire youth philosophy.

It's part of the youth transformation under Jonker. We're finally moving out of the dinosaur ages Brady had us operating under. Glad to see we're introducing some young blood who is up to date with the latest methods,
Image
User avatar
alexafc12
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7148
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Arsenal sign Leicester scout

Postby mel4 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:02 am

Gunpowder wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Sims wrote:
Cripps wrote:So your answer is?

Ok I'll make it easier. Who has better end product over the last 5 years?


you think iniesta is overrated ffs

football isn't judged on fantasy football points

Neither is it on pretty passing which you love.

Give me end product every day of the week.

Anyway back on topic, this Leicester scout. Is he decent or just another Bruce Forsythe type acquisition for our our staff?


Come on man you recently admitted Cazorla is better than Ramsey.

Barkley isn't a terrible player but he's not the player we need. We have a great CAM and Barkley lacks vision and passing to be a CM for us.


Cazorla is 10 times the player Ramsey will ever be, except if stamina is all that is needed to make one a good footballer.

On the flank as a winger and not a defensive mid, Cazorla is better
In the CAM role, Cazorla is better
In the CM role (as a double pivot), Cazorla has shown to be better
If ball control and first touch matter, Cazorla is better
If scoring from deadball counts, Cazorla is better
If whipping in deadballs count, Cazorla is better
If making incisive throughball passes count, Cazorla is better

...but if running after lost balls because of unnecessary flicks or ball hogging, or jog- strolling to add tour km coverage is all that counts, then Ramsey is better.

Anyways, back to the topic, like someone mentioned earlier, the scout identifying the player is just one step, the player being able to fit into our system is another, Wenger using said player rightly is another step. We could have bought Riyahd and Kante and but still insist on Walcott or Ox, or Arteta. It is this Arsenal's way. Scout effort equals to almost zero, except there is an injury.


........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1681
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Arsenal sign Leicester scout

Postby Cripps » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:03 am

What about scoring from open play?
Cripps
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 43234
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:05 pm

Re: Arsenal sign Leicester scout

Postby mel4 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:27 am

Cripps wrote:What about scoring from open play?



You are probably looking for stats and i don't have that but I will lean more towards Ramsey.

Santi's highest goal scoring season for us in EPL was 2012/13 with 12 goals. While Ramsey's is 10 in 2013/14.


........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1681
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Arsenal sign Leicester scout

Postby billie86 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:26 pm

aniym wrote:Wrigglesworth sounds like the name of a cartoon mouse of some sort with glasses and a bow tie

Sent from my GEM-703L using Tapatalk


Probably something to do with the cat in Austin powers called Mr Bigglesworth lol
User avatar
billie86
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1867
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:11 pm

Re: Arsenal sign Leicester scout

Postby Cripps » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:11 am

Cripps
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 43234
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:05 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Reserves and Youths

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest