'All or Nothing' documentary

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: 'All or Nothing' documentary

Postby swipe right » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:19 am

The Arsenal version should simply be called Nothing.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:05 am

All or Nothing Arsenal
Episode 1: Kroenke flies in to motivate the troops (spoiler alert: it doesn’t happen)
Episode 2: Guendozi tells Arteta to go do one
Episode 3: A young CB is caught filming his teammates beating off
Episode 4: Auba wraps another car in tin foil
Episode 5: The mysterious case of Edu’s son and the academy
Episode 6: Relegation is looming
Episode 7: It’s top eight or bust
Episode 8: Arteta needs more time
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:47 am

This is a very bad idea. No good will come of it
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Nuggets » Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:56 am

swipe right wrote:The Arsenal version should simply be called Nothing.

Or...how to fcuk up a once great club by employing clowns.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby PairyGrows » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:04 pm

If the club had no control over this project, it might be quite entertaining. You know, because it would expose the clown show behind the scenes.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Angelito » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:32 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Angelito wrote:More PR bs by the club. This show—All or Nothing—is usually designed to amp up the club image and is a very 'cultivated' affair to show how high-functioning a club is internally, and behind the scenes.

While it won't have a significant bearing on Arteta's position; I've maintained that it would take some catastrophic results for him to get sacked. Even if we are 10th by December, or finish 8th again, I don't see him being sacked.

Similar view on it being PR and publicity but if the results are going south they'll have to show some form of leadership in this doc otherwise it will have the opposite effect. It definitely won't amp up the club image or staff behind the scenes if things fall apart early. Fans will also be in the stadium this year so it will be interesting to see how things are handled.

You'd think so.

If we're 15th by December, he goes I'd presume. But what if he's 10th by December? Or, if we're still in the "mathematical" race for top-4 by February, do they sack him?

Those are extreme scenarios, mind you. If we hover around 6th-8th for pretty much the entire season, I doubt they'd fire him.

This club always waits for the worst possible outcome before acting. Won't be surprised if the same happened in Arteta's case.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:19 pm

Angelito wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Angelito wrote:More PR bs by the club. This show—All or Nothing—is usually designed to amp up the club image and is a very 'cultivated' affair to show how high-functioning a club is internally, and behind the scenes.

While it won't have a significant bearing on Arteta's position; I've maintained that it would take some catastrophic results for him to get sacked. Even if we are 10th by December, or finish 8th again, I don't see him being sacked.

Similar view on it being PR and publicity but if the results are going south they'll have to show some form of leadership in this doc otherwise it will have the opposite effect. It definitely won't amp up the club image or staff behind the scenes if things fall apart early. Fans will also be in the stadium this year so it will be interesting to see how things are handled.

You'd think so.

If we're 15th by December, he goes I'd presume. But what if he's 10th by December? Or, if we're still in the "mathematical" race for top-4 by February, do they sack him?

Those are extreme scenarios, mind you. If we hover around 6th-8th for pretty much the entire season, I doubt they'd fire him.

This club always waits for the worst possible outcome before acting. Won't be surprised if the same happened in Arteta's case.

It will be an interesting season. He may not get sacked if things go pear shaped but with everything being documented and if fans are booing in the stands, it will be interesting to see KSE's reaction.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Slick » Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:29 pm

All of these shows have been very entertaining. I am looking forward to it.
Slick
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Phil71 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:28 am

Royal Gooner wrote:This is a very bad idea. No good will come of it

My thoughts entirely.

I'll still watch it though.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:41 pm

This will be released after the 21/22 season ends, nothing to see before then. I'm just expecting a PR whitewash of Arteta if we have another midtable finish.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:47 pm

Phil71 wrote:

My thoughts entirely.

Why??? I thought you had faith in Arteta San!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:59 pm

:lol:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:08 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

My thoughts entirely.

Why??? I thought you had faith in Arteta San!

I've never said that.

All I've said is I'll support him going into the coming season and won't continually moan like a stuck record.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby starmandb » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:39 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

:lol:

When it came out in august 2020 documenting Spurs 19/20 season it wasn’t exactly a cliffhanger ending.
Over at Arsenal we were winning the fa cup
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Zenith » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:02 pm

goal.com

Arteta not consulted over 'All or Nothing' Arsenal documentary

by Charles Watts
Arsenal correspondent

The Gunners will follow the likes of Manchester City and Tottenham in appearing in the Amazon show

The Gunners will follow the likes of Manchester City and Tottenham in appearing in the show which will provide behind the scenes insight into the 2021-22 campaign for the club’s fans across the world.

And whilst Arteta believes it will be a good thing to open things up for supporters, he admits he was not asked for his opinion on the matter when the club were in discussions with Amazon over the project.

What has been said?

When asked whether he was given a choice about Arsenal appearing in the show, Arteta said: “No. It’s a decision made by the club, in the best possible interests of the football club.

“We need to help as much as possible.

“I experienced it a few years ago when I was at Man City and we are going to help as much as possible, for everybody to see what this club means and how things are done at the football club.

“[We will] be as transparent as we can to show the values, integrity, passions and where we are trying to drive this football club. Hopefully it is a perfect year to show that.

“We need to make it happen. It is down to us to try to produce the best piece that we can, so everybody can feel part of what we do and our fans can be proud of what we do.”

'We will not try to be somebody else'

Arteta does not believe anything will change behind the scenes at Arsenal just because the TV cameras will be around.

“While they are here we are going to try to be us,” he vowed. “We will not try to be somebody else.

“We will try to be us and show what we do. That’s it.”
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk