'All or Nothing' documentary

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

'All or Nothing' documentary

Postby Jedi » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:50 am

After City and Spurs, Amazon is doing a documentary on Arsenal's upcoming season:

I can't wait for this. It's going to be good TV no matter if we have a good or terrible season.
Last edited by Jedi on Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Re: 'All or Nothing' documentary

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:51 am

Jedi wrote:After City and Spurs, Amazon is doing a documentary on Arsenal's upcoming season:

I can't wait for this. It's going to be good TV no matter if we have a good or terrible season.

Great news - either way it will be a very interesting watch.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:11 am

Should be a good laugh
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:23 am

Filming will begin shortly to cover the upcoming 2021-22 season as Mikel Arteta looks to improve upon the worst domestic season in a generation.

But but positives and improvements and last 5 months lol

They clearly expect Arteta to be sacked hence they are doing it on us. Let's hope it happens
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:39 am

Ach wrote:
Filming will begin shortly to cover the upcoming 2021-22 season as Mikel Arteta looks to improve upon the worst domestic season in a generation.

They clearly expect Arteta to be sacked hence they are doing it on us. Let's hope it happens

I see you are still hoping the club fail.
Really strange.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:26 pm

Oh god no. We already know what a basket case we are. We don’t need all of Amazon to see it for themselves.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:27 pm

Not sure how comfortable I am with such an important season being used for entertainment narrative. Look at Sunderland.
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:30 pm

A needless distraction in a key season...great. At least Aubameyang will be delighted for the extra opportunity for new haircuts.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:23 pm

Ach wrote:

LOL I was thinking the same thing !!! Its definitely going to be entertaining, boos and anger at the madhouse
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:51 pm

Santi wrote:A needless distraction in a key season...great. At least Aubameyang will be delighted for the extra opportunity for new haircuts.

:rofll: I hadn't thought of that.
It will be tough for the crew to get him away from the camera.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:30 pm

Well, that pretty much means Teta's job is safe for another year. Club wouldn't have signed off on the deal if they didn't think this was the year we make it back into the CL.

£50m for Ben White but we have to kowtow to Amazon for a measly couple of million.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:13 pm

aniym wrote:Well, that pretty much means Teta's job is safe for another year. Club wouldn't have signed off on the deal if they didn't think this was the year we make it back into the CL.

£50m for Ben White but we have to kowtow to Amazon for a measly couple of million.

I don't know. I'm assuming this is a PR exercise and a way to showcase our 'ambition' behind the scenes and that it's not just soulless, corporate suits running things.

Last year was a disaster for KSE with the results and super league fiasco. If things go pear shaped and they look clueless on camera, it will just deepen the divide between the club and fans. We may see a theatric Vince McMahon firing on camera if it gets really bad.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Angelito » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:43 pm

More PR bs by the club. This show—All or Nothing—is usually designed to amp up the club image and is a very 'cultivated' affair to show how high-functioning a club is internally, and behind the scenes.

While it won't have a significant bearing on Arteta's position; I've maintained that it would take some catastrophic results for him to get sacked. Even if we are 10th by December, or finish 8th again, I don't see him being sacked.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:14 pm

Angelito wrote:More PR bs by the club. This show—All or Nothing—is usually designed to amp up the club image and is a very 'cultivated' affair to show how high-functioning a club is internally, and behind the scenes.

While it won't have a significant bearing on Arteta's position; I've maintained that it would take some catastrophic results for him to get sacked. Even if we are 10th by December, or finish 8th again, I don't see him being sacked.

Similar view on it being PR and publicity but if the results are going south they'll have to show some form of leadership in this doc otherwise it will have the opposite effect. It definitely won't amp up the club image or staff behind the scenes if things fall apart early. Fans will also be in the stadium this year so it will be interesting to see how things are handled.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby swipe right » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:40 pm

TedLasso wrote:Anything that gives us more insight into how Edu and Arteta and Josh Kroenke are running the club, what their plan is, is useful information.

Except that’s the last thing you’ll see.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Next

Return to Arsenal Talk