Nuno Tavares (20)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Nuno Tavares (20)

Postby Ach » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:57 pm

theHotHead wrote:
KG3 wrote:
Arteta again is one of the best CM/DMs we’ve had during this era and I wasn’t really a fan of him but in terms of performances, he was better than Xhaka and Partey currently

Arteta was terrible, what on earth are you saying ?!!! He was slow and clumsy, the things that made him a quality player for Everton he did not do for Aresenal due to being deployed as a DM. Imagine getting a slow AM and getting him to anchor the Arsenal midfield defensively, which smart Alec thought that one up !!!

He was an awful CM, mediocre at best !

KG3 views on our players are hilarious
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:12 pm

Arteta was genuinely good in 2011/12. Shored up that disastrous midfield in a year when Fabregas, Nasri, Ramsey and Wilshere were gone.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:42 pm

aniym wrote:Arteta was genuinely good in 2011/12. Shored up that disastrous midfield in a year when Fabregas, Nasri, Ramsey and Wilshere were gone.
Define 'shoring up' lol
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:43 pm

Started vs watford today. Full game on arsenal.com at 3pm
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:33 pm

aniym wrote:Arteta was genuinely good in 2011/12. Shored up that disastrous midfield in a year when Fabregas, Nasri, Ramsey and Wilshere were gone.

I have no idea what you were watching, but Arteta didn't shore anything up in my opinion, he was a slower but equally clumsy version of Song, he didn't just look like he was running backwards - he looked like he was running backwards in treacle, when there was a counter attack.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerz » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:00 pm

KG3 wrote:
Goonerz wrote:
KG3 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:
KG3 wrote:Gonna be another Andre Santos i think, I liked Andre Santos tbf we just didn’t play to his strengths, if we use this guy right he’ll be quality

If by playing to his strengths you mean getting relegated and playing in the championship then yes, we did him a grave disservice.

LOL !!

KG3 needs to explain what these strengths are. If it is abandoning all defensive responsibility and being ok with him falling over when brushed by an opponent then no, we didn't play to his strengths.

Quite simple really he was an immense attacker better than most wingers and even Gervinho at the time, all we simply had to do was play a 3-5-2 formation and let him do his thing at wingback, the LCB and LCM would cover for him on the defensive side when needed

Andre Santos was one of the worst signing I have ever seen, together with Squillachi. Santos had as much pace as Pires. His body posture was all awkward and such a Poor defender.

The 2011/12 transfer window was such a joke. We bought some average players in it; Santos, Gervinho, Park, Arteta, Benayoun, Joel Campbell, Mertesacker, Jenkinson etc..

Wow. :doh:

Mertescaker is one of the top 3 defenders we’ve had in the emirates era put some respect on his name

Arteta again is one of the best CM/DMs we’ve had during this era and I wasn’t really a fan of him but in terms of performances, he was better than Xhaka and Partey currently

Arteta was an okay signing. Just a good midfielder, nothing amazing but I grew to like him. He was not spectacular whatsoever but he was such a solid personality on that pitch.

Imagine how bad that transfer window was, “Santos, Benayoun, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Gervinho, Arteta etc all brought in at the same time.

Average stuff..
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:20 am

Our new right back
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:50 am

Goonerz wrote:
KG3 wrote:
Goonerz wrote:
KG3 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:
KG3 wrote:Gonna be another Andre Santos i think, I liked Andre Santos tbf we just didn’t play to his strengths, if we use this guy right he’ll be quality

If by playing to his strengths you mean getting relegated and playing in the championship then yes, we did him a grave disservice.

LOL !!

KG3 needs to explain what these strengths are. If it is abandoning all defensive responsibility and being ok with him falling over when brushed by an opponent then no, we didn't play to his strengths.

Quite simple really he was an immense attacker better than most wingers and even Gervinho at the time, all we simply had to do was play a 3-5-2 formation and let him do his thing at wingback, the LCB and LCM would cover for him on the defensive side when needed

Andre Santos was one of the worst signing I have ever seen, together with Squillachi. Santos had as much pace as Pires. His body posture was all awkward and such a Poor defender.

The 2011/12 transfer window was such a joke. We bought some average players in it; Santos, Gervinho, Park, Arteta, Benayoun, Joel Campbell, Mertesacker, Jenkinson etc..

Wow. :doh:

Mertescaker is one of the top 3 defenders we’ve had in the emirates era put some respect on his name

Arteta was an okay signing. Just a good midfielder, nothing amazing but I grew to like him. He was not spectacular whatsoever but he was such a solid personality on that pitch.

Imagine how bad that transfer window was, “Santos, Benayoun, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Gervinho, Arteta etc all brought in at the same time.

Average stuff..

Arteta was a decent player but a downgrade on Fabregas and every Arsenal fan knew it at the time.
The rest other than Merts were a disaster.
Merts was probably the best I have seen in terms of reading the game since Adams, but unfortunately, he was too slow and not agile enough for the PL.

Overall that was a very poor window.
It was just one point in what was already the slump happening that sees us where we are now.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Zenith » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:29 pm

He's a bit raw and mercurial but man what an athlete he is; lightning fast and fearless.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:52 pm

He looks excellent
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Santi » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:54 pm

Haven't seen the first half but looked good for the last 30 mins going forward. Has he been tested defensively? Hopefully turns out a good purchase.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:12 pm

Tough customer. We need more like him.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby VCC » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:15 pm

Good performance a whole lot to like today
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:17 pm

Solid performance. Pace and ability to be his man. Some good crosses driven in.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:55 pm

Electric pace!

Some smart passes and cutbacks into the box too. Tierney would blast an overhead ball into nowhere if it fell to him.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk