Nuno Tavares (20)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Nuno Tavares (20)

Postby Santi » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:13 am

Mike Dean wrote:lol

Terrible signing
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:28 am

jayramfootball wrote:Seeing him play today, even more convinced he will also be used as an option playing in front of Tierney.
Looks fast and has good control running with the ball.

He's bigger than expected. Looks like he likes to muscle his way in as well. Usually this kind of LB is only average at defending. Need to watch him playing more games.
Oh, the goal is only a small bonus. Lots of our players scored on their debuts, but turned bang average afterwards.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby KG3 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:43 pm

Gonna be another Andre Santos i think, I liked Andre Santos tbf we just didn’t play to his strengths, if we use this guy right he’ll be quality
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:20 pm

KG3 wrote:Gonna be another Andre Santos i think, I liked Andre Santos tbf we just didn’t play to his strengths, if we use this guy right he’ll be quality

If by playing to his strengths you mean getting relegated and playing in the championship then yes, we did him a grave disservice.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:24 pm

LOL
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:48 pm

He will be a sensation. :hiding:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:14 pm

Already proving Benfica fans wrong. Good to see
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:28 am

swipe right wrote:
KG3 wrote:Gonna be another Andre Santos i think, I liked Andre Santos tbf we just didn’t play to his strengths, if we use this guy right he’ll be quality

If by playing to his strengths you mean getting relegated and playing in the championship then yes, we did him a grave disservice.

LOL !!

KG3 needs to explain what these strengths are. If it is abandoning all defensive responsibility and being ok with him falling over when brushed by an opponent then no, we didn't play to his strengths.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby KG3 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:35 am

theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:

LOL !!

KG3 needs to explain what these strengths are. If it is abandoning all defensive responsibility and being ok with him falling over when brushed by an opponent then no, we didn't play to his strengths.

Quite simple really he was an immense attacker better than most wingers and even Gervinho at the time, all we simply had to do was play a 3-5-2 formation and let him do his thing at wingback, the LCB and LCM would cover for him on the defensive side when needed
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Goonerz » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:21 pm

KG3 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:

LOL !!

Quite simple really he was an immense attacker better than most wingers and even Gervinho at the time, all we simply had to do was play a 3-5-2 formation and let him do his thing at wingback, the LCB and LCM would cover for him on the defensive side when needed

Andre Santos was one of the worst signing I have ever seen, together with Squillachi. Santos had as much pace as Pires. His body posture was all awkward and such a Poor defender.

The 2011/12 transfer window was such a joke. We bought some average players in it; Santos, Gervinho, Park, Arteta, Benayoun, Joel Campbell, Mertesacker, Jenkinson etc..

Wow. :doh:
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby KG3 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:46 pm

Goonerz wrote:
KG3 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:

LOL !!

Andre Santos was one of the worst signing I have ever seen, together with Squillachi. Santos had as much pace as Pires. His body posture was all awkward and such a Poor defender.

The 2011/12 transfer window was such a joke. We bought some average players in it; Santos, Gervinho, Park, Arteta, Benayoun, Joel Campbell, Mertesacker, Jenkinson etc..

Mertescaker is one of the top 3 defenders we’ve had in the emirates era put some respect on his name

Arteta again is one of the best CM/DMs we’ve had during this era and I wasn’t really a fan of him but in terms of performances, he was better than Xhaka and Partey currently
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:56 pm

KG3 wrote:
Goonerz wrote:
KG3 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:

LOL !!

Mertescaker is one of the top 3 defenders we’ve had in the emirates era put some respect on his name

Arteta again is one of the best CM/DMs we’ve had during this era and I wasn’t really a fan of him but in terms of performances, he was better than Xhaka and Partey currently

+1

Gervinho for £8m and Jenkinson for £1m weren't bad purchases either. Benayoun too. A loan deal, but he did score a few goals during the fag end of 11/12, which helped us clinch 3rd place.

We lost our head buying Xhaka and Mustafi for a combined £70m. That's the summer when everything started unraveling for us.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:34 am

KG3 wrote:

Arteta was terrible, what on earth are you saying ?!!! He was slow and clumsy, the things that made him a quality player for Everton he did not do for Aresenal due to being deployed as a DM. Imagine getting a slow AM and getting him to anchor the Arsenal midfield defensively, which smart Alec thought that one up !!!

He was an awful CM, mediocre at best !
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:40 am

theHotHead wrote:
KG3 wrote:

Arteta was terrible, what on earth are you saying ?!!! He was slow and clumsy, the things that made him a quality player for Everton he did not do for Aresenal due to being deployed as a DM. Imagine getting a slow AM and getting him to anchor the Arsenal midfield defensively, which smart Alec thought that one up !!!

This
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:59 am

theHotHead wrote:
KG3 wrote:

I though he was very good as a deep lying midfielder. Despite not being a natural ball winner he was not a liability. He was also good at starting attacks. Arteta and Cazorla were very good together.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk