Nuno Tavares (20)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Nuno Tavares (20)

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun May 15, 2022 3:48 pm

Arsenal Tone wrote:Arteta bought a player, realised he wasn't good enough, stopped using him and might move him on.

If only Wenger had done that in his later years! Some of the crap he left behind on massive wages...

I don't think Kolasinac or Chambers have ever been substituted before HT. We could have kept them for squad depth instead of trying to save a few bucks on their final 6 months of wages, and putting all that pressure on a kid who's not PL ready.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 15, 2022 9:30 pm

TedLasso wrote:Tavares still has potential. We should loan him out to another premier league team next season, like Bournemouth or Palace, and see what he can do with consistent playing time. Hickey would be quality cover.

That would be the smart thing to do, surely sending him on his way after a first season in the hardest league of all is not giving the boy a fair crack of the whip. But this seems to be the MO of Arteta, cant develop players - won't develop players :dontknow:
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby swipe right » Mon May 16, 2022 12:42 am

I wouldn’t mind seeing Patino get minutes at left back. Like we did with Saka. Would help him develop. He’s a fine player.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Mon May 16, 2022 7:08 am

theHotHead wrote:
TedLasso wrote:Tavares still has potential. We should loan him out to another premier league team next season, like Bournemouth or Palace, and see what he can do with consistent playing time. Hickey would be quality cover.

That would be the smart thing to do, surely sending him on his way after a first season in the hardest league of all is not giving the boy a fair crack of the whip. But this seems to be the MO of Arteta, cant develop players - won't develop players :dontknow:

Tavares is fine.
Two stints this year - first very good, the second shaky.
He’ll contribute to our coming successes, especially going forward he’ll be a danger to opposition.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby KG3 » Mon May 16, 2022 9:58 am

swipe right wrote:I wouldn’t mind seeing Patino get minutes at left back. Like we did with Saka. Would help him develop. He’s a fine player.

You want to put a lightweight player with zero defensive awareness at left back lol

He struggled at CM her get slaughter at left back, just because a player is left footed doesn’t mean they’d make good left backs it’s not as simple as that. Saka had the actual attributes to go with it.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Mon May 16, 2022 10:03 am

Arsenal Tone wrote:Arteta bought a player, realised he wasn't good enough, stopped using him and might move him on.

If only Wenger had done that in his later years! Some of the crap he left behind on massive wages...

Exactly, or at least loan him out to improve.

A 6m gamble that didn't pay off yet, we probably don't lose anything on this deal and he actually started off pretty decent. Wouldn't be a bad backup left winger tbh.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Fran Solo » Mon May 16, 2022 10:22 am

Santi wrote:

Exactly, or at least loan him out to improve.

A 6m gamble that didn't pay off yet, we probably don't lose anything on this deal and he actually started off pretty decent. Wouldn't be a bad backup left winger tbh.

I agree. He was not expensive and is still very young. Please, don't compare him to Mustafi or Kolasinac. Even Chambers. The price and wages difference are too huge to compare.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby themessiah » Mon May 16, 2022 9:04 pm

I really think I'd prefer Andre Santos . Hall of shame player.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon May 16, 2022 9:22 pm

themessiah wrote:I really think I'd prefer Andre Santos . Hall of shame player.

Let's not make him a scapegoat. He's not writing himself into the team sheet.

The real question is why Kolasinac was let go when this guy is clearly not EPL ready.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby themessiah » Mon May 16, 2022 9:33 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
themessiah wrote:I really think I'd prefer Andre Santos . Hall of shame player.

Let's not make him a scapegoat. He's not writing himself into the team sheet.

The real question is why Kolasinac was let go when this guy is clearly not EPL ready.

Even if Tavares, albeit the foul throw, was one of our better players tonight him and Cedric awful back up players . We have watched the guy all season. You can clearly tell the guy won’t make at even at mid table level . I know people with say he is young , he has never shown us anything going defensively he would make it here . Thinking about it Maitland Niles and Chambers were better than Cedric and Tavares. We need a starting left and right back next season . Tomi and Tierney look like injury prone crocks tbf.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Ach » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:38 pm

Marseille have made an enquiry for Arsenal full-back Nuno Tavares - according to The Sun.

The French club want to sign the 27-year-old on loan for the duration of the 2022-23 season.

Arsenal may be open to letting Tavares go as they chase Bologna left-beck Aaron Hickey.

Loan incoming?

Our boys have done pretty well at Marseille away from the authoritarian Arteta
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:39 pm

Great article, they’ve aged him about 5 years just in the time of writing.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Reiss » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:49 pm

Santi wrote:Great article, they’ve aged him about 5 years just in the time of writing.

:rofll:

I had to double check his age on google. I was like I swear he's a young player.

Anyways get rid of Nuno Eboue please. Garbage.
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:55 pm

Saw something about Atalanta wanting him as they are losing one of their LBs. We can only hope.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby KG3 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:25 am

He’s just one of those fullbacks that’s never going to be solid in back 4 but in a 5 he’d work out well or even convert to LW
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk