Nuno Tavares (20)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Nuno Tavares (20)

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:00 pm

Salibatelli wrote:Just wasn’t up for it today, he was really dreadful, didn’t seem to fussed about being subbed either.

Jury’s still out on him.

He's been very good when called upon. He's young , though, so there will be games where it just doesn't work out for him. No surprise. Far more positives with him so far, especially going forward. Didn't like the glove throwing... but remains a much needed back up player to Tierney, which we lacked last year.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:27 pm

Didn’t seem fussed? He threw his gloves off and didn’t want anyone to console him on the bench.

He was certainly bothered but he should’ve done that at half time inside the dressing room.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Hypergooner » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:31 pm

Santi wrote:Didn’t seem fussed? He threw his gloves off and didn’t want anyone to console him on the bench.

He was certainly bothered but he should’ve done that at half time inside the dressing room.

He was angry with himself for playing shit. I have no problem with that. He couldn't get it together, came off, wants to do better next time.
He is human. He might have had an hours sleep due to a crying baby or annoying mrs for all we know
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:33 pm

Santi wrote:Didn’t seem fussed? He threw his gloves off and didn’t want anyone to console him on the bench.

He’s had a few not so good games recently, jury is still out for me as players have started well only to fade away in the past.

Even the likes of Kolasinac were popular at the start. Didn’t like his attitude today, seemed a bit lazy and careless.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:23 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:Just wasn’t up for it today, he was really dreadful, didn’t seem to fussed about being subbed either.

Jury’s still out on him.

He's been very good when called upon. He's young , though, so there will be games where it just doesn't work out for him. No surprise. Far more positives with him so far, especially going forward. Didn't like the glove throwing... but remains a much needed back up player to Tierney, which we lacked last year.

Age has nothing to do with it Jay. Older players have games where things don't work out for them too.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Goonerred » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:25 pm

Hypergooner wrote:

He was angry with himself for playing shit. I have no problem with that. He couldn't get it together, came off, wants to do better next time.
He is human. He might have had an hours sleep due to a crying baby or annoying mrs for all we know

I thought maybe that was why too.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:36 pm

Goonerred wrote:
Hypergooner wrote:

I thought maybe that was why too.

Yeah, i don't think Arteta will have a problem with the player being upset after being subbed. It all depends on how Tavares reacts in training the next game and what he does if he starts again.

Tavares has to sort himself out and not be so sloppy. We're starting to see why the Benfica fans didn’t rate him. He had an awesome start and definitely has talent so hopefully this doesn't sour things.

Not sure if Arteta made the right move subbing him so quickly. Not sure what was said to the rest of the players at half time but it had no effect. They were still bad and half asleep for the second half.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Nuggets » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:50 pm

He will be got rid of.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Rockape » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:13 pm

still haven't worked out exactly what he was thinking with that back pass! Strangest thing Ive seen from one of our players for a long time....like he was on drugs.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:15 pm

Hopefully not. Sorting out his concentration must have been part of the development plan when we signed him. The reviews from Benfica weren't great.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Santi » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:15 pm

Hypergooner wrote:

I hope that’s what his reaction was for but either way would rather he did it away from the cameras so the media can’t try to fuel any issue.

I expect him to be fine now and training hard for the next game hoping to play.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:31 pm

Nuggets wrote:He will be got rid of.

It is Artetas way
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:48 pm

Wasn't a fan of the early substitution but also wouldn't be surprised if Nuno's given a chance to redeem himself against Liverpool on Thursday.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Goners » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:07 pm

Let's hope not.
'Thank you for your interest in our affairs'....PHW
Goners
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby KG3 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:56 am

Terrible performance but it’s not the worst cameo I’ve seen from an Arsenal player
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk