Nuno Tavares (20)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Nuno Tavares (20)

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:49 pm

Power n Glory wrote:Solid performance. Pace and ability to be his man. Some good crosses driven in.

Solid???

He was bloody superb, man.
His energy, pace, timing of the run and skill was a joy to watch.
Shame about his shooting, lol, but hey.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby FrustratedGooner » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:38 am

I know someone that use to work with him at Benfica. Apparently he was bullied allot by the senior players they even tried to block his progress. Guy showed allot of potential but lacked mental strength (no shit if his teammates bullied him). I don’t see that on the pitch at all looks really brave and confident. Guess he needed the move and a more loving culture. Time will tell but I like what I see.
FrustratedGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:47 am

There was an overlap run timed to perfection in the later stages of the game. Really good performance that should earn him another start.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Fran Solo » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:40 pm

FrustratedGooner wrote:I know someone that use to work with him at Benfica. Apparently he was bullied allot by the senior players they even tried to block his progress. Guy showed allot of potential but lacked mental strength (no shit if his teammates bullied him). I don’t see that on the pitch at all looks really brave and confident. Guess he needed the move and a more loving culture. Time will tell but I like what I see.

Wow, that is terrible, isn't it? Anyway, people say he is great going forward, but not as good at defending. Off course he is still young and can improve his game if given the right environment.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zenith » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:40 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:49 pm

Fran Solo wrote:
FrustratedGooner wrote:I know someone that use to work with him at Benfica. Apparently he was bullied allot by the senior players they even tried to block his progress. Guy showed allot of potential but lacked mental strength (no shit if his teammates bullied him). I don’t see that on the pitch at all looks really brave and confident. Guess he needed the move and a more loving culture. Time will tell but I like what I see.

Wow, that is terrible, isn't it? Anyway, people say he is great going forward, but not as good at defending. Off course he is still young and can improve his game if given the right environment.

He looked pretty sound defensively yesterday too.
Overall though I was stunned at not just his pace but actually more his energy. The dude was flat out near the end of the game blasting past defenders on the overlap.
It was pretty incredible to watch the ground he was covering in those runs all game.
As far as first PL starts go, that was really impressive.
Tierney has a job on his hands to keep his place. Good competition.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Losmeister » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:58 pm

We have a solid 1-2 at LB...
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:23 am

If he keeps this up he might overtake KT!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby billie86 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:41 am

Hope it's not a flash in the pan but that performance vs villa was better than anything KT has produced this season, hopefully KT will get back to form but it gives us a bit of a dilemma in the meantime. For just 8 million as well this guy looks like a really solid buy.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:09 pm

billie86 wrote:Hope it's not a flash in the pan but that performance vs villa was better than anything KT has produced this season, hopefully KT will get back to form but it gives us a bit of a dilemma in the meantime. For just 8 million as well this guy looks like a really solid buy.

I said this last week, KT for some reason has been dropping off for me.

I have no problem with Nuno pushing ahead of KT in the pecking order, starting should be based on form not who's got the more popular name / brand.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:15 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
billie86 wrote:Hope it's not a flash in the pan but that performance vs villa was better than anything KT has produced this season, hopefully KT will get back to form but it gives us a bit of a dilemma in the meantime. For just 8 million as well this guy looks like a really solid buy.

I said this last week, KT for some reason has been dropping off for me.

I have no problem with Nuno pushing ahead of KT in the pecking order, starting should be based on form not who's got the more popular name / brand.

100% - Tierney has been the weakest of the back 5. His game is just off somehow - especially his crossing which is usually his strength. Also looks knackered after 20 minutes. Wondering about his fitness.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby starmandb » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:00 pm

Tavares had a good game
I would say tierney was slightly better v Spurs
Squad is god
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Losmeister » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:18 pm

starmandb wrote:

Tavares had a good game
I would say tierney was slightly better v Spurs
Squad is god

as ever. sage.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:59 pm

But but but the squad is shit, we need to spend shitloads, midtable is our reality, the manager is quality.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:37 pm

theHotHead wrote:But but but the squad is shit, we need to spend shitloads, midtable is our reality, the manager is quality.

The squad has improved dramatically with a brilliant transfer window - thanks to Edu and Arteta.
Since the close of the transfer window we have not lost a game.
It's young, however. There WILL be good games and bad games.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk