Aaron Ramsdale (1)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Aaron Ramsdale (32)

Postby VCC » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:56 pm

100% what was needed from him today, the high balls that were taken in itself is exactly why Leno should have splinters in his ass from the bench
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:09 am

VCC wrote:100% what was needed from him today, the high balls that were taken in itself is exactly why Leno should have splinters in his ass from the bench

Yup we've been missing that control and confidence from a keeper since Emi left.

You can't mess around with chopping and changing goalkeepers. Ramsdale is our #1 and Leno is the back up.
Has to stay that way until such a time that Ramsdale starts struggling with form.

The most impressive thing about Ramsdale is that he has performed excellently under enormous pressure We had some fuckwit fans abuse him on social media when we signed him, so much so he had to close down comments on his feed. He knew damn well that any mistake was going to be magnified and he dealt with the pressure.

Leno only has himself to blame. He just hasn't been good enough for some time.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:25 am

VCC wrote:100% what was needed from him today, the high balls that were taken in itself is exactly why Leno should have splinters in his ass from the bench

Are these the same high balls that Leno also takes but for some reason is never acknowledged for?

It's ridiculous. And typical Arteta to drop our best keeper for a pet project
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby VCC » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:54 am

Ach wrote:

Are these the same high balls that Leno also takes but for some reason is never acknowledged for?

It's ridiculous. And typical Arteta to drop our best keeper for a pet project

Ach i am starting to think you are related to the man or have some association..
We simply dont see the same keeper.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby NovaGB » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:12 am

Safe hands Ramsdale.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby theHotHead » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:37 am

Hopefully he stays good, Leno has his faults but all in all he is a good keeper. I have no problem with Ramsdale getting the nod if he performs to a higher level than Leno.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby billie86 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:40 am

Ach wrote:Simple case of playing the better keeper for the bigger game. That's Leno. Comfortably.

Ramsdale has come in and shown he can be decent back up but playing teams that don't attack as we have done past 2 games is different to Kane and co

He's shown in 3 games that he can catch a ball under pressure for one, he hasn't conceded a goal in the 3 games he's played, he communicates with the defence and seems to have a visible desire to win unlike leno. Did you see him come running to the ref after the penalty was given? Did you see him after the full time whistle with Gabriel? That's what I want to see from our goalkeeper and I've never seen that kind of desire from leno, yes leno is a decent keeper but his heart isn't in it for arsenal anymore, especially with him on his way out, ramsdale is an arsenal fan and you can tell he will put his body on the line and is fully committed, to me I would rather have that in between the sticks and know we will get 100% commitment than maybe a better goalkeeper in Leno (which is open for debate) giving 70-80%. Look at some of the goals Leno has conceded as well, some have been poor and he never even seems to care, he conceded 5 against City and didn't even look annoyed and I didn't see him shouting at his defence once, as good as Leno may be at shot stopping at times he hasn't got the personality and presence to be a top keeper.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Santi » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:07 pm

So far the lads been good, was very worried about him especially at the price but looking wrong in these early days.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:26 pm

Ach wrote:Simple case of playing the better keeper for the bigger game. That's Leno. Comfortably.

Ramsdale has come in and shown he can be decent back up but playing teams that don't attack as we have done past 2 games is different to Kane and co

Has a clean sheet v Kane and spurs from his Bournemouth days
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Callum » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:35 pm

I thought yesterday's game was a perfect example of how goalkeeping is so much more about how good you are at saving shots. Ramsdale barely had to make a save but was exceptional with his distribution and the command of his area. Bailed out White for that hospital pass that was originally called as a penalty too.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:55 am

Leno has to make more saves because every player around him has no clue, he has no communication has awful distribution and no command of his area, if he caught the ball he would probably cancel several shots on goal , parrys to the danger zone more often than not and punches like a german ladyboy
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby swipe right » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:08 am

Come on, I’m no fan of Leno but he hasn’t been all that bad. May not be elite, but after years of tolerating Almunia and Flappy, he is anything but their level.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:34 am

Leno isn't bad at all. Doubt many have even seen him play
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:40 am

Im a fan of Leno, but I also have to say he is not a commanding keeper and his distribution is poor.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:08 am

Leno is not a bad keeper by any definition, but I struggle to understand why people find it taboo to say he should be on the bench, at least based on recent performances. I feel like it has to do with some subconscious Lehmann fetishism
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk