Aaron Ramsdale (1)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Aaron Ramsdale (32)

Postby Ach » Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:57 pm

Not sure what's happened to him

Honeymoon period well and truly over

Needs to get back to basics
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Alexis » Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:10 pm

Someone needs to slap sense back into the guy. Good thing he's still super young, but needs to cock up less. He wasn't doing these mistakes at the start of the season. Hopefully the American dude gives him a kick up his arse.
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Nuggets » Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:25 pm

The new Almunia.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:06 pm

Outstanding save when we needed it most.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Fran Solo » Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:31 pm

elkanofan wrote:Bar the 2 saves vs Elanga and Dalot on the post.

Shit. Just rubbish. Still think Leno is a more talented keeper.

Like i said earlier this season. He should be fighting with Leno, not automatic number 1.

Id drop him for Leno vs West Ham or we will see another crap performance lkke this vs a team that wont be a total shotshow and it will cost us.

You maybe right, but at this point the character is more important than the ability. Other players and the fans look more motivated with him as our goalie.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:36 pm

Like i said earlier this season. He should be fighting with Leno, not automatic number 1.

Id drop him for Leno vs West Ham or we will see another crap performance lkke this vs a team that wont be a total shotshow and it will cost us.

You don’t drop players just like that.
Ramsdale is fine. He looks less sure of himself distributing the ball at the moment and a few decisions are the wrong ones.
He’s been superb for us ,
You were also all for dropping Saka earlier this season too, just before he went on a run of fantastic form.
Stick with our best players, form will go up and down as it does for every player.
Nothing overly bad right now to drop anyone except maybe Cedric for Tomi , but even then I would still ease Tomi back.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby ag6789 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:40 pm

He scores over Leno in commanding his area. We needed a dominant keeper and that's what he's given us. In spite of his recent hiccups, we owe this season greatly to him. Given our defense much needed assurance.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby elkanofan » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:54 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

You don’t drop players just like that.
Ramsdale is fine. He looks less sure of himself distributing the ball at the moment and a few decisions are the wrong ones.
He’s been superb for us ,
You were also all for dropping Saka earlier this season too, just before he went on a run of fantastic form.
Stick with our best players, form will go up and down as it does for every player.
Nothing overly bad right now to drop anyone except maybe Cedric for Tomi , but even then I would still ease Tomi back.

Yes, because if these young players want to get better they need to know they will be dropped if they don't perform. Its an important lesson for them. Only youngsters who are consistent true world beaters don't get dropped due to good performances or being so much better than other players in that position in their team. this will humble but motivate them to work on their weak points.

Some of the inconsistency we have seen has been down to players getting comfortable being one of Arteta's favorites. We ain't that good yet we cant rotate in the two positions mentioned.

Ramsdale despite having a great season isn't overall better than Leno. Leno's season in 2019/20 before the injury was better than what I've seen from Ramsdale. Leno saved us from true relegation embarrassment in that chaotic second half of 2019 into early 2020, Ramsdale has had a much better stable defence infront of him compared to anything Leno had. Everyone has forgotten how good he was just 2 years ago, a bad patch in general towards the end of last season and people still shitting on him for it, forgetting he's a quality keeper.

Do not ever forget or underestimate how much the English can overhype their own and we can get carried away into it. I agree with some of the Pickford comparisons, Ramsdale's biggest strength is what puts him ahead of Leno for Areta but for the team is his command of his area for dead balls crosses and his overall better communication. In terms o pure talent I'd still say Leno's better.

Ramsdale while great potential still has to do it for another season minimum for me to change my mind on him. For now he's potential but long way to go. He's certainly no Donnarumma and while he's way more mature than Szcezny was he's not as talented as he was when he was here to add some more perspective.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:57 pm

Zenith wrote:Hope he rediscovers his 2021 form because he hasn't been anywhere near that level since the new calendar year.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:59 pm

Saw someone make a claim that he was the best keeper in the league in the first part of the season, thats simply not true, Alison and Ederson have been the best and are the best keepers in the league.

Ramsdale had a very good start, but it’s not been so great recently.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby elkanofan » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:02 pm

Fran Solo wrote:

Like I said earlier this season. He should be fighting with Leno, not automatic number 1.

Id drop him for Leno vs West Ham or we will see another crap performance like this vs a team that wont be a total sheetshow and it will cost us.

You maybe right, but at this point the character is more important than the ability. Other players and the fans look more motivated with him as our goalie.

I know. I see that massively the team prefer his vocal assurance compared to Leno who's too much in his own head at times. I just see that he's been riding on that great early form and people aren't calling out him for what he doesn't do well.

Leno's issues bar the odd howler was crosses and corners but I rarely if ever had issues with Leno's shot stopping. There's been too many goals recently like Jota's 1st against us for Liverpool and Werner's deflected slow shot he gets beaten by which shows he's not actually a top class keeper yet and will cost us in games where we aren't playing a depressed unhappy shitshow in United.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:08 pm

Angelito wrote:
Zenith wrote:Hope he rediscovers his 2021 form because he hasn't been anywhere near that level since the new calendar year.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:28 pm

Absolute worldie save today that probably won us the game.
Air Ramsdale.

jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:54 pm

Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:57 pm

hasnt been on top form of late but is still better than Leno... who retreats behind his goal line way too often.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk