Aaron Ramsdale (1)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Aaron Ramsdale (32)

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:21 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
Jez wrote:
Özim wrote:
Jez wrote:no white though lmao

50 million defender who doesn’t get picked for his country.

He has had a shakey start to his career with us mind.

he'll be 5th choice next season.

just gotta pray someone's dumb enough to pay 15m-20m for him to get him off our books. the signing has been disastrous.

He’s got a lot to learn, Mings and Coady ahead of him as is Tomori, Maguire is out with an injury so he’s also be ahead of him together with Stones.

5 CBS ahead of him at least right now.

Despite what some say, it’s clear he hasn’t impressed the England manager with his performances so far for us.

BW's job is to impress the Arsenal fans and the Arsenal manager and his teammates - which he is doing in style.

But given this is the Ramsdale thread, I will just congratulate the kid again on his brilliant start to the season and give credit to Arteta and Edu for the signing.

If he’s not getting picked for his country he’s clearly not doing a very good job, especially as he was in the Euro squad, it’s a backward step. It just shows that the stuff you say about him performing very well every game isn’t accurate (like much of what you say).

Ramsdale was a shoe in to get picked with Henderson not playing as he’s 4th choice keeper if Henderson is playing.

ESR was not picked either and he is doing a great job.. he's been one of the real stars of the last few games (as has White)
:arse flag.gif:

ESR hasn’t played enough games for us, Arteta hasn’t played him enough, that why he’s not getting picked.

His productivity wasn’t amazing last season either.

ESR also has never been picked for England, White has and has now been dropped due to his performances.

Southgate on White

‘He performed well against Tottenham, is still settling into a new club,’ Southgate told reporters when asked about White’s omission.

‘But the performance showed good signs and he is a player we are monitoring closely.

‘He would have been very close to this squad as well.’

Didn’t get picked though, so he’s gone backwards.

I judge him on what he does for us - he's been great and getting better every game.
No Arsenal fan is ragging on him for not getting called up for England - not a single Arsenal fan would be doing that.
:arsenal3:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:41 pm

Jez wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
Jez wrote:
Özim wrote:

just gotta pray someone's dumb enough to pay 15m-20m for him to get him off our books. the signing has been disastrous.

He’s got a lot to learn, Mings and Coady ahead of him as is Tomori, Maguire is out with an injury so he’s also be ahead of him together with Stones.

Despite what some say, it’s clear he hasn’t impressed the England manager with his performances so far for us.

BW's job is to impress the Arsenal fans and the Arsenal manager and his teammates - which he is doing in style.

But given this is the Ramsdale thread, I will just congratulate the kid again on his brilliant start to the season and give credit to Arteta and Edu for the signing.

If he’s not getting picked for his country he’s clearly not doing a very good job, especially as he was in the Euro squad, it’s a backward step. It just shows that the stuff you say about him performing very well every game isn’t accurate (like much of what you say).

Ramsdale was a shoe in to get picked with Henderson not playing as he’s 4th choice keeper if Henderson is playing.

ESR was not picked either and he is doing a great job.. he's been one of the real stars of the last few games (as has White)
:arse flag.gif:

ESR hasn’t played enough games for us, Arteta hasn’t played him enough, that why he’s not getting picked.

His productivity wasn’t amazing last season either.

ESR also has never been picked for England, White has and has now been dropped due to his performances.

Southgate on White

‘He performed well against Tottenham, is still settling into a new club,’ Southgate told reporters when asked about White’s omission.

‘But the performance showed good signs and he is a player we are monitoring closely.

‘He would have been very close to this squad as well.’

Didn’t get picked though, so he’s gone backwards.

southgate has judged him to be shit

turning into an even bigger disaster day by day lol
Why lol?
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:45 pm

So do I and he’s been hit and miss, some decent stuff, some not so great like that back pass or the amount of times he got beaten in the air by Brentford players.

He needs to work on his game and get his head down and learn.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:37 pm

Zenith wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Ach wrote:Martinez played cos Leno was injured. Soon as he's fit, he's number 1 and Martinez is sold. How is that him being usurped?

Overpaid for Ramsdale so might as well play him

Martinez was sold because we had two keepers and other clubs were willing to spend money on him, he was an asset profit wise, also I believe AFC has spent money on Leno and don't want to flush that investment, but saying that we were making all sorts of sht decisions back then.

Should of sold Leno because 6 months later he's been replaced by the goalie from Sheffield United.

:clap:

There isn't much of a market for selling injured players. Why do you guys continue to ignore this?

Because Leno was fit when we sold Martinez.

Fact is Arteta had no intention of selling Leno anyway, Martinez knew that which is why he said he was going to leave.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:06 pm

Özim wrote:
Jez wrote:
Özim wrote:

Mings is shit !! I would prefer White over Mings ! I prefer White over Coady too.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:08 pm

Jez wrote:
Özim wrote:
Jez wrote:
Özim wrote:

we should have spent 30m on mings and put the other 20m on bissouma.

mings is a leader. instead we've got a pussy cat.

Hell no ! Mings is shit !! I said the same when people were hyping Delle Alli and Cleverley, Mings is just as shit as both of them.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:14 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Özim wrote:
Jez wrote:
Özim wrote:

Mings is shit !! I would prefer White over Mings ! I prefer White over Coady too.

Point was he’s ahead of White in the England squad.

I wouldn’t particularly want either to be honest based on what we’ve seen, not for the money we paid.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:51 pm

Jez wrote:mings at 30m is much better than white at 50m.

Mings almost got into a fight with a mate of mine in a nightclub lol.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Hypergooner » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:21 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

Was he hit and miss in that as well
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby theHotHead » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:58 pm

I'm not at all convinced about white, but even I can say I'm not even sure that is true ! Mings is shit, we wait to see how good White is
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:22 pm

theHotHead wrote:

I'm not at all convinced about white, but even I can say I'm not even sure that is true ! Mings is shit, we wait to see how good White is

I can tell you from watching the home games at the stadium and being able to monitor the back 4 all through the game, White is the organiser of the defence - with Ramsdale also a major voice. Gabriel is more aggressive and better at handling the physical side of the game, White is better in possession.
They work really well together.
Defenders should be judged as a unit - individuals are powerless in defence if they are on their own (surrounded by sub-par colleagues).
There is still some learning to do but what I see is a unit that takes pride in defending - and it's been a while since I could say that.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:29 pm

Hypergooner wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Was he hit and miss in that as well

Pretty much, I wasn't there but I heard he bumped with a mate of mine, faced off then backed off is how I heard it.

Wasn't anything big.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:41 pm

Shot straight at him

Dives for it lol
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby VCC » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:13 pm

Ach wrote:Shot straight at him

Dives for it lol

Leno in goal you would have said " never had a chance"
Keeper was on his heels not expecting the shot, keeper era for me should have done better,
Better balance he would get to that two handed.
No favorites here just deal in fact.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:22 pm

Why have we bought Ramadale? We're not really playing the ball out from the back. Love his attitude and he's not making too many mistakes but I thought we were going for a keep better with his feet to play out from the back.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk