Aaron Ramsdale (1)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Aaron Ramsdale (32)

Postby Goonerred » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:34 am

Phil71 wrote:Another stellar performance tonight.

He's continuing to embarrass those who derided his signing for us.

I don't think we are emarrassed, we acknowledge that he was a good signing and is doing well.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:37 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

Its not "embarrass" most of them were warranted questions and more confusion at the time, no one thought he was going to replace Leno, that was the main issue.

£30m for a back up keeper was what was derided, what we know now is he's replaced Leno, so spending £30m on a first choice keeper isn't such a problem.

But I admit, he's performing above and beyond even what I thought he was capable of.

He's been the best buy of the summer transfers, we're lucky to have him.

They were not warranted questions at all.
It was a ridiculous reaction based on zero knowledge of the player because some people wanted to slag off the club and manager.
It would be nice if it led to a new realisation that as fans we know almost f**k all about the fit and potential of players in a squad, but I fear not. We will continue to get the rubbish spouted about players as if we have a forum full of coaches and scouts.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:16 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Its not "embarrass" most of them were warranted questions and more confusion at the time, no one thought he was going to replace Leno, that was the main issue.

£30m for a back up keeper was what was derided, what we know now is he's replaced Leno, so spending £30m on a first choice keeper isn't such a problem.

But I admit, he's performing above and beyond even what I thought he was capable of.

It was a ridiculous reaction based on zero knowledge of the player because some people wanted to slag off the club and manager.
It would be nice if it led to a new realisation that as fans we know almost f**k all about the fit and potential of players in a squad, but I fear not. We will continue to get the rubbish spouted about players as if we have a forum full of coaches and scouts.

You don't think spending £30m on a backup keeper doesn't raise questions?

Because that's what everyone thought was happening, we had no indication Leno was getting benched / hauled.

Your being unreasonable because you want to score points.

I remember the discussions and it wasn't about bashing Arteta (obviously a minority made some comments) more than it was questioning it as a business decision.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:53 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Because that's what everyone thought was happening, we had no indication Leno was getting benched / hauled.

I remember the discussions and it wasn't about bashing Arteta (obviously a minority made some comments) more than it was questioning it as a business decision.

Some of us said he could quickly be Number 1 and didn't assume the club were run by idiots - and in all honesty the deal itself should have made it clear that Leno's days were numbered , even if you'd missed the fact that he was a mistake ridden liability the season before.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:06 pm

Ramsdale was shit at sheff utd and Bournemouth.

That's why questions were asked

Just cos he's doing well now doesn't change the fact he was shit previously lol

And every Arsenal fan is glad he's doing well. Glad for the club. Can't say the same for others unfortunately. Glad he's doing well to score points and agendas zzzzzz
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:07 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Most people thought it was odd to spend that much on a keeper who was going to be a backup and who hadn’t really stood out that much.

He’s turned out very good no question, but it wasn’t an unreasonable assertion at the time.

Most didn’t want Xhaka to sign a new contract either, people have opinions, some turn out correct others wrong, but the opinion on Ramsdale wasn’t unreasonable it’s pretty clear.

The management could be picked up on numerous decisions they made which fans disagreed with as well.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:58 pm

Ach wrote:Ramsdale was shit at sheff utd and Bournemouth.

And every Arsenal fan is glad he's doing well. Glad for the club. Can't say the same for others unfortunately. Glad he's doing well to score points and agendas zzzzzz

No he wasn't.
You slated him and cheered on the online abuse of him because you like to slag off Arsenal.

He's made you eat humble pie.
So much of it you'll never finish it.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:25 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Spot on.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby starmandb » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:32 pm

Bournemouth player of the year 2020
Sheffield united player and young player of the year 2021
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Ach » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:38 pm

Which just shows rest of his team mates were just more shit

Every club has a player of the season. If we got the Norwich player of the season for 30m this summer, no one would be happy.

Probably be pukki. Let's get him in
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:12 pm

starmandb wrote:

Stop quoting facts. It's ruining their agenda.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Nuggets » Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:06 am

Reiss wrote:Make him captain.

You are just winding people up :rofll:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Ach » Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:13 am

Agenda boy accusing others of agendas lol

Isn't it ironic, don't you think?
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Fran Solo » Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:44 am

starmandb wrote:

Also Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year for Wimbledon when he was there. I think people should read articles and news that were written before he was linked with Arsenal. He was a hot prospect goal keeper. That's why Sheffield bought him for £18.5M. That was not cheap.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: Aaron Ramsdale

Postby Phil71 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:35 am

Ach wrote:He's nowhere near lenos level so he'll have to wait for a while.

Might be decent back up but as first choice lol no thanks.

:rofll:
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk