Aaron Ramsdale (1)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Aaron Ramsdale (32)

Postby theHotHead » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:00 pm

Seems like you have had your arse handed to you quite a few times here Santi, for you to feel that way. Can't say I know the feeling.

I don't have to say I was wrong about Tavares, Ramsdale, White, Lokonga or Tomiyasu because - I never dissed any of them. I said I was not impressed with the transfer window. I praised Lokonga and Tomiyasu from their first games, Ramsdale probably from his third game. I have never dissed White, just said he isn't worth £50m - because he isn't.

Tell me what it is YOU think I refuse to admit I am wrong about, this should be interesting. Let me guess, I am wrong about Arteta ? How ? You have seen my arguments about him, we will only know if anyone is right/wrong about Arteta when we get further into the season.

Tell me oh burnt one, when have I refused to admit I am wrong ?!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:02 pm

You literally just called Jay a pleb after he proved you wrong :rofll:

If only you’d give Mikel the amount of excuses you give yourself for being wrong, we might all be able to get along!
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:42 pm

I don't concede points/arguments Santi said. A simple search of the forum:

theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:Now factor in Henry played with Bergkamp, Vieira, Pires and Ljungberg
RvP played with Cesc, Rosicky, Nasri and Arshavin.
And Auba plays with a midfield comprising of fcking Xhaka and Ceballos.

Fair point, well made.

theHotHead wrote:
KG3 wrote:Seems like Arteta has finally figured out more attacking player = more goals but it also means we are more likely to concede

Fair point, its a trade off and always has been. We should absolutely be aiming for more goal threat + less goals conceded.

Thats why it made no sense to me to praise Arteta for improving our defence while at the same time decimating our attack. Any fuckwit can plonk 10 men behind the ball and improve the defending, thats not why Arteta is getting paid the big bucks.

theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:HH - times have changed drastically. The role of the academy has also changed. The likelihood of an academy player making it to a long term first team spot is about 1%. At the top end, it’s just too competitive to give kids a chance. Wenger recently said something interesting. He said you can’t afford to play a talented young defender because you know he has one or two mistakes in him that is going to cost you points. That means bringing through young players is always going to be a challenge. The academy of today for a club like Arsenal is a chance to make some money because these kids graduate with the Arsenal brand. It’s like having an Ivy League degree. It doesn’t mean you’ll succeed but companies will give you more of a look than others.

Fair point, I take that onboard that the Academy is now there to sell on players.

Regarding Wenger's comment about taking a risk playing a young defender in case they make mistakes, can anyone explain why we had calamity defenfders and keepers for so long if thats the case, every single one of them were established and adults.

theHotHead wrote:
Dejan wrote:Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Fair point. But as Angelito says you could play the defacto defender - Tierney - against stronger teams. Saka has managed double digit assists, we MUST find a way to continue to play him in his current role.

theHotHead wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
But isn't poor decision making an example of that? execution is skill level.

To give an example Ozil probably has the highest football IQ on the team, its better than Guendouzi, better than Xhaka, the closest to Ozil is Auba, Lacazette and probably Torreria and Tierney.

I've often looked at Xhaka and been like :doh: about his footballing IQ for a midfielder which is why most of the fanbase want him sold, he def has an eye for a pass though and I think most of his issue going forward was time on the ball which Arteta has clearly been showing them how to receive, turn and pass .......... which tbh is something I can't believe guys at this level have had to be shown.

Vital in the Prem though and its why Xhaka has been looking better.

Yeah fair point DG

theHotHead wrote:Fair point Zenith. But I would say Jack plays like Iniesta about 65% Iniesta does things Jack doesn't do, many things. Iniesta's passing is 30% quicker than Jack's, his brain is a step ahead too. One of my criticisms of Jack is when he plays the tempo of our game drops. Iniesta is like a busy bee when he is on the ball, the tempo of Barcelona's attacks when Iniesta is involved is high.

But but but .... I don't concede points :rofll:

Shitloads more if I could be bothered to find them. Look for quotes of me saying fair point, furry muff, fair enough, fair play, etc etc
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:47 pm

Santi wrote:You literally just called Jay a pleb after he proved you wrong :rofll:

If only you’d give Mikel the amount of excuses you give yourself for being wrong, we might all be able to get along!

He literally proved me wrong ??????

My goodness, I would never have put you as being so dense, but if it walks and looks and sounds like someone dense .. they must be dense. I suggest you re-read what Jay wrote and then my response calling him a pleb. Jay adopted "stupidity" in his argument to make a point, I called him a pleb because his argument was deliberately stupid (Jay is far from a fool), he said it to be annoying - hence why I told him to stop being a pleb.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:00 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Santi wrote:You literally just called Jay a pleb after he proved you wrong :rofll:

He literally proved me wrong ??????

My goodness, I would never have put you as being so dense, but if it walks and looks and sounds like someone dense .. they must be dense. I suggest you re-read what Jay wrote and then my response calling him a pleb. Jay adopted "stupidity" in his argument to make a point, I called him a pleb because his argument was deliberately stupid (Jay is far from a fool), he said it to be annoying - hence why I told him to stop being a pleb.

TBH the people proving you wrong are Arteta and his signings.
Sure you can have an opinion on the quality of the football, one I don’t share with you, but bottom line is that we are on great form. That’s the arbiter here. Not you or I - or anyone else on this forum, some of whom attribute to themselves far greater knowledge of the game than they actually have.
Same with the new signings. If you said it was a bad window, you were just plain wrong because those signings have proven you wrong. If you listened to Arteta and Edu (and now Kroenke) you should know WHY we signed these players and why it was a great move.

HH I think your views on Arteta are colouring your judgement. There are no right or wrong opinions, only results. But if you cling to overly negative opinions in the face of good results it’s silly.

As for the enthusiastic nature of the response to our results in calling out the overly negative, it’s because of the total OTT negativity spewed daily and relentlessly on these boards all summer and after 3 games. It is what I said at the time. You guys didn’t yourself any room for manoeuvre.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:59 pm

Fortunately we can all agree than Ramsdale > Leno so, given this is the Ramsdale thread and most who slated him have eaten humble pie already, lets just cheer on our new #1.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Zenith » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:23 pm

Really worth a watch/listen if you can find a spare hour -

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:07 pm

Santi wrote:You’re turning into DG, just proclaiming to be right to convince yourself you’re superior. Must’ve spent too long with him xx

As for admitting being wrong etc, you can see my comments in this very thread admitting I prejudged and was wrong about our goalkeeper. So really good point you had....

Are you that scarred that you can't keep my name out of your mouth?

I bet my name comes up in therapy and everything?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:29 pm

Zenith wrote:Really worth a watch/listen if you can find a spare hour -

Anyway only watched second half Zenith, but Ramsdale seems like such a class bloke tbh. Just a northern lad with no bullshit and has a laugh. Really warming to him, obviously his performances help big time.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Fran Solo » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:47 am

Zenith wrote:Really worth a watch/listen if you can find a spare hour -

While you're there, you might want to check the last Ben Foster's YouTube channel as well for more of Ramsdale's own thoughts, other club's opinion about him plus some glimpse of the Emirates from an away team's perspective.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:20 pm

Kept a clean sheet today
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:29 am

Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:02 am

Had one save to make and one punched clearance. Did them both very well.

Can't ask for more.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Dejan » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:50 pm

Player of the season for me so far.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:52 pm

Dejan wrote:Player of the season for me so far.

Agree.
Again today just brilliant when needed.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk