Albert Sambi Lokonga (23)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Albert Sambi Lokonga (23)

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:26 am

theHotHead wrote:Diaby was levels above Vieira technically and ability-wise, he was unable to develop a consistent all-round game though, something which Vieira of course was able to do.

Denilson was a decent player playing a vital role, keeping the ball moving, being the link between defence and attack, there was nothing wrong with his game, it was basic but vital at the time.

Has HH just got in from a night out? :rofl:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:50 am

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Diaby was levels above Vieira technically and ability-wise, he was unable to develop a consistent all-round game though, something which Vieira of course was able to do.

Denilson was a decent player playing a vital role, keeping the ball moving, being the link between defence and attack, there was nothing wrong with his game, it was basic but vital at the time.

Diaby ‘levels’ above Vieira technically and ability wise????
Wtf?

Yes, he was far better technically than Vieira, he had a better range of passing, he had better close control of the ball, he had better dribbling ability, he had the ability to beat players for fun.

Whether you admit it or not, technically Vieira wasnt a match for Diaby. Vieira was by far the better player though.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:50 am

Arsenal Tone wrote:

Has HH just got in from a night out? :rofl:

See my post above.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:10 pm

Fair enough, I was never a fan of Diaby or Denilson though. My biggest problem with Diaby was probably that we avoided signing the DM we needed in case Diaby came good/stayed fit and Diaby wasn't even a DM.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:31 pm

theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Wtf?

Yes, he was far better technically than Vieira, he had a better range of passing, he had better close control of the ball, he had better dribbling ability, he had the ability to beat players for fun.

Whether you admit it or not, technically Vieira wasnt a match for Diaby. Vieira was by far the better player though.

Vieira was not just a big lump. He was one of the most skilled players in the Invincibles. Technically he was fantastic. I don’t see how you can rate Diaby higher and I loved Diaby to bits.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:13 pm

swipe right wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Wtf?

Vieira was not just a big lump. He was one of the most skilled players in the Invincibles. Technically he was fantastic. I don’t see how you can rate Diaby higher and I loved Diaby to bits.

Yeah, Vieira wasn't just a lump. No way was Diaby levels above him technically or ability wise. Diaby was raw and sometimes lost the ball for doing too much with his dribbles. He was good though. Paddy could do the same when it came to beating his man but chose the right moments where he just broke through lines dribbling past opponents and carrying the ball from deep.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Goonerz » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:42 pm

Ach wrote:Diaby is the original "player gets better whilst injured" according to fans

Denilson was better ffs

You must be trolling like I have come to know you.
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby theHotHead » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:36 pm

swipe right wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Wtf?

How have I rated Diaby higher when I clearly said Vieira was the far better footballer?!!!

At no point did I say Vieira was a big lump, he had everything, pace, power, drive, determination, steel, technique. What he didnt have was the footwork of Diaby or his passing range, neither did he have Diaby's ability to beat a player - which is not to say Vieira couldn't beat players with skill, because he could.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:38 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
swipe right wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Wtf?

Yeah, Vieira wasn't just a lump. No way was Diaby levels above him technically or ability wise. Diaby was raw and sometimes lost the ball for doing too much with his dribbles. He was good though. Paddy could do the same when it came to beating his man but chose the right moments where he just broke through lines dribbling past opponents and carrying the ball from deep.

Sorry PnG, but if you say Vieira had greater technical ability than Diaby I would have to say you know nothing of Diaby's level.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:55 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
swipe right wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Wtf?

Sorry PnG, but if you say Vieira had greater technical ability than Diaby I would have to say you know nothing of Diaby's level.

Let's not get carried away, HH. Diaby was good and he never fulfilled his potential because or injures. It's a ridiculous comparison. Maybe it's memory issue, but Paddy wasn't some lumbering chump on the ball. To say Diaby was levels above him is disrespectful.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:04 pm

Vieira is the prototype.

Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Goonerz » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:09 am

Arsenal Tone wrote:
Goonerz wrote:
swipe right wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:
swipe right wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:
swipe right wrote:
Zenith wrote:

Sambi and Partey don’t do it for me. Not incisive enough. Don’t create enough. I’m surprised to see those stats.
They are the same player, both would be better with a DM next to them and more freedom. Stick Bissouma next to either of them and see the difference.

I think a DM next to either player would make us worse. If both players were attack minded, liked to bomb into the box with late runs which kept exposing our defenders, i'd agree on a DM helping their game. They're just far too negative. Partey was really passive today and flat footed for the majority of the game.

We need a player like Thiago Alcantara next to him. Speeds up the game and catches the opposition out of position. Playing two holding midfielders is the cowards option.
So Petit/Vieira and Gilberto/Vieira were cowards options?

Vieira was a one off. He had a massive attacking influence. He could pass, pick a runner, dribble, overlap, finish. There hasn’t been a player like him since. Comparing Sambi or Partey to Vieira is a laugh. If you get a player that can shield the defense and attack with aplomb then go sign him, but don’t compare what we have to Vieira.

Diaby was on Vieira kind of trajectory football-wise. Injuries killed him. Partey is not even anywhere Diaby later on Veira.

Diaby was rubbish, seemed to get rated higher the less he played.

He was a very high risk kind of player a bit like Sanchez, but when fully fit and with a few games under his belt he would dominate and entertain.
He hardly ever played but for the few games and minutes he got in his Arsenal career the likes of Partey can’t come close in my opinion.
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby swipe right » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:26 am

Power n Glory wrote:Vieira is the prototype.

Wenger’s best signing in my opinion.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:24 am

Power n Glory wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
swipe right wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Wtf?

Let's not get carried away, HH. Diaby was good and he never fulfilled his potential because or injures. It's a ridiculous comparison. Maybe it's memory issue, but Paddy wasn't some lumbering chump on the ball. To say Diaby was levels above him is disrespectful.

I just edited the post I made, having watched back a few videos on Vieira I can say I was categorically wrong to say Diaby was levels above Vieira technically, to be honest I wouldn't say Diaby was technically better than Vieira at all.

I stand corrected.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:16 am

Respect HH for that post!
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho