Albert Sambi Lokonga (23)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Albert Sambi Lokonga (23)

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:11 am

The amount of competitions we're in and with I'm sure heavy focus on the Prem, Europa and FA Cup we can't afford to be loaning out anyone tbf.

Lokonga could get some good minutes in the lower levels of the Europa and FA Cup early rounds.

I'm not sold on him but unless we sign a CM we can't go into all those competitions with just Xhaka, Elneny and an injury prone Partey.

........... in fact due to Partey's injury record even if we sign a CM, Sambi should still stay, we need bodies.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:24 pm

People talk like this guy is 19 years old. He isnt. He is 22. Not exactly a pup. I havent seen anything from this guy. Even Tavares had a few decent games earlier last season. He needs to be loaned out and a proper midfielder brought in.
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zenith » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:28 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:The amount of competitions we're in and with I'm sure heavy focus on the Prem, Europa and FA Cup we can't afford to be loaning out anyone tbf.

Lokonga could get some good minutes in the lower levels of the Europa and FA Cup early rounds.

I'm not sold on him but unless we sign a CM we can't go into all those competitions with just Xhaka, Elneny and an injury prone Partey.

........... in fact due to Partey's injury record even if we sign a CM, Sambi should still stay, we need bodies.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Angelito » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:49 pm

Zenith wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:The amount of competitions we're in and with I'm sure heavy focus on the Prem, Europa and FA Cup we can't afford to be loaning out anyone tbf.

Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:26 pm

I don't ever want to hear about this player again. I watched him play plenty. He's got nothing.

No more. Stop it.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:17 am

I like his potential, he has lots of good attributes that Elneny and Xhaka don't have. He needs game time to develop, it can't be at Arsenal though!!!

Again, he should never have gone straight into the first team and stayed there, should have been loaned out
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:26 pm

We paid a fortune for this guy. Based on his age and ability £17m is an absolute fortune
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Hypergooner » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:03 pm

As Hot Head said. This guy does have good attributes. I think he'll become a good CM, but he needs to go out on loan. It is very easy to forget foreign players usually do take 6 months - a year to settle. It's a new country and tough league for a young lad
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby swipe right » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:28 pm

Hypergooner wrote:As Hot Head said. This guy does have good attributes. I think he'll become a good CM, but he needs to go out on loan. It is very easy to forget foreign players usually do take 6 months - a year to settle. It's a new country and tough league for a young lad

He isn’t a young lad. He turns 23 in October.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby TedLasso » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:56 pm

RowdyRoddyPoppins wrote:We paid a fortune for this guy. Based on his age and ability £17m is an absolute fortune

He’s decent but raw. He’ll improve with consistent playing time. 17m is really not that much in the year of our lord Henry 2022.
TedLasso
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Hypergooner » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:22 am

swipe right wrote:
Hypergooner wrote:As Hot Head said. This guy does have good attributes. I think he'll become a good CM, but he needs to go out on loan. It is very easy to forget foreign players usually do take 6 months - a year to settle. It's a new country and tough league for a young lad

He isn’t a young lad. He turns 23 in October.

22 is young to be moving to another country, having to speak a different language, settle in to a new environment, etc. Give him another 6 months and I hope he'll be the next Vieira. Wait, we have one of them!
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby alexafc12 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:46 am

When Harry Winks is valued at £25m, Sambi for £17m should result in Edu being knighted.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:21 am

I think his performances are directly linked to who he plays alongside. I had a look at the games that he started or played at least 45 mins in:

Lokonga alone anchoring CM
1 draw

Lokonga alongside Xhaka
1 win, 3 losses

Lokonga alongside Partey
3 wins, 1 loss, 2 draws

Hell, he even got a win playing alongside AMN in the middle, versus Watford.

Partnered with an imbecile he looks just as bad, thats my synopsis of the thing.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby swipe right » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:45 am

I miss Diaby.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fran Solo » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:36 am

theHotHead wrote:I think his performances are directly linked to who he plays alongside. I had a look at the games that he started or played at least 45 mins in:

Lokonga alone anchoring CM
1 draw

Lokonga alongside Xhaka
1 win, 3 losses

Lokonga alongside Partey
3 wins, 1 loss, 2 draws

Hell, he even got a win playing alongside AMN in the middle, versus Watford.

Partnered with an imbecile he looks just as bad, thats my synopsis of the thing.

I think he has played with Smith Rowe as a CM in one game.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk