Albert Sambi Lokonga (23)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Albert Sambi Lokonga (23)

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:31 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:PS - That's the most sad and depressing "Highlight" video I've seen in a while, where are teh actual highlights?

Just him on the ball and passing it off ffs.

What a sht show JR is becoming, a farce.

Lol, that is what his role in the team is.
What do you want? Our player to distribute and link play to be a Messi highlight reel? JHC.
He does his job well, with composure , a good weight of pass and also forward when available.
It's why fans are excited by him.:doh:

.............. you think that's a valid reason to get "excited"?

You're over hyping him.

I know what his role is in the team, I'm fine with his performances so far, I don't have any particular complaint.

But why are you hyping him like he's doing something special?

Out of AMN, Partey, Xhaka, Lokonga and Elneny.

NONE of our CM's are worth hyping bar Partey.

The rest are just giving us by the numbers performances, Lokonga may be my 2nd or 3rd fav out of our CM's but that just goes to show you how poor our CM level is.

.............. if we had bought Bissouma as well, then our CM starts to look a bit prettier.

It's not just me.
There is a genuine buzz of excitement across the fan base about Lokonga.
The only people who are not impressed are seemingly those that entrenched themselves in an opinion that all our signings were rubbish.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:34 pm

You should have been at the game yesterday. No buzz at all

Tomi, yeah but nothing about this guy
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby VCC » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:29 pm

Tell you now, seen enough of this guy that he should start ahead of xhaka , but he won't
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:01 pm

Ach wrote:Gilberto had creativity tbh

:tumbleweed:
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:03 pm

It wasn't his main job but he could pick a pass or two
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:05 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:Zero creativity. Ball pusher.

He doesn't need to be creative, all he needs to do is be reliable and cycle the ball.

David Batty, Claude Makelele , zero creativity and had top careers. Lokonga has more strings to his bow than both of them!!

Lets not forget, Brazil 94, won the World Cup with not one but two non creative central midfielders, Dunga and Mauro Silva

Yup, he's a baller.
The fans yesterday were talking about him a lot. He's one of the key players creating a buzz in the fan base right now.

............. because our standards have hit rock bottom.

Partey was our best midfielder yesterday and actively improved our midfield performance.

Lokonga is fine but nothing special, what's he actually doing that's worth all the hype other than you thinking he helps your agenda of pumping a mediocre transfer window?

Please anyone explain what this kid is doing that's so exciting?

He's not better than Partey.

I'm more excited about what I've seen from Tomi than Lokonga.

DG, he has been our best CM, never gave the ball away in his first game, received the ball with opponents in close proximity - turned - and put us on the front foot immediately. He is our second best CM behind Partey, I can see that already.

In fact, I am perfectly happy with him as a signing, he will develop into a fantastic CM for us.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:09 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:PS - That's the most sad and depressing "Highlight" video I've seen in a while, where are teh actual highlights?

Just him on the ball and passing it off ffs.

What a sht show JR is becoming, a farce.

Mate, that first video shows exactly what is good about him, receiving the ball, laying it off, turns, forward passes short, mid and long, dropping deep, going forward, breaking up play.

He is exactly what Elneny and Xhaka are not, how do you not appreciate that first video at least?!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:15 pm

Ach wrote:You should have been at the game yesterday. No buzz at all

Tomi, yeah but nothing about this guy

I was - and you most certainly were not if you think we created no chances against Norwich as you said.
In addition, the crowd were superb in support of the team yesterday and if you were there you would know that. But apparently, you don't.
Like I said before, it's not big to pretend you were at games. It s pathetic.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:19 pm

DG, for me what I like about Lokonga is he is solid on the ball like Elneny but he can turn and bring the ball out. Elneny is too basic, Xhaka is a liability, Lokonga is neither. I liked Guendouzi's first season with us, I thought he needed to improve his awareness (too slow to get his head up) and his protecting of the ball (too often it was poor and he would throw himself on the floor to try to win a free kick).

Lokonga doesn't have either limitation to his game, he has not been special or amazing, but he is an absolute step up from Elneny and Xhaka and I think his natural game should allow Partey to play his natural game.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:19 pm

You think we created 30 chances yesterday. Proof you weren't there at all but it's what you do

We barely created anything. Anyone who went to the game would know this. You think a shot from 30 yards which is blocked before it goes 2 yards is a chance and show creativity.

There's no arguing against the clueless.

But you keep going on about how you went to the game.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:20 pm

Ach wrote:You think we created 30 chances yesterday. Proof you weren't there at all but it's what you do

We barely created anything. Anyone who went to the game would know this. You think a shot from 30 yards which is blocked before it goes 2 yards is a chance and show creativity.

There's no arguing against the clueless.

But you keep going on about how you went to the game.

Mate - you were not there.
Give it up.
We had 30 shots yesterday, all of varying quality chances.
Those chances should have given us 2-3 goals but we didn't finish well.

Given that you are a faker and a troll I am going to call you out.
Game against Spurs... I expect you to provide some proof you were there, as I will.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:23 pm

theHotHead wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:Zero creativity. Ball pusher.

He doesn't need to be creative, all he needs to do is be reliable and cycle the ball.

David Batty, Claude Makelele , zero creativity and had top careers. Lokonga has more strings to his bow than both of them!!

Lets not forget, Brazil 94, won the World Cup with not one but two non creative central midfielders, Dunga and Mauro Silva

Yup, he's a baller.
The fans yesterday were talking about him a lot. He's one of the key players creating a buzz in the fan base right now.

............. because our standards have hit rock bottom.

Partey was our best midfielder yesterday and actively improved our midfield performance.

Lokonga is fine but nothing special, what's he actually doing that's worth all the hype other than you thinking he helps your agenda of pumping a mediocre transfer window?

Please anyone explain what this kid is doing that's so exciting?

He's not better than Partey.

I'm more excited about what I've seen from Tomi than Lokonga.

DG, he has been our best CM, never gave the ball away in his first game, received the ball with opponents in close proximity - turned - and put us on the front foot immediately. He is our second best CM behind Partey, I can see that already.

In fact, I am perfectly happy with him as a signing
, he will develop into a fantastic CM for us.

That's exactly what I've already said ffs ........... and still, its basic football, nothing to get jacked about, our midfield is terrible, we have AMN starting and Xhaka is 1st choice.

Man's are going on like we've signed Pogba or Traore.

Everything you've just said is exactly what I've already said below, doesn't change the point though.

DiamondGooner wrote:
.............. you think that's a valid reason to get "excited"?

You're over hyping him.

I know what his role is in the team, I'm fine with his performances so far, I don't have any particular complaint.

But why are you hyping him like he's doing something special?

Out of AMN, Partey, Xhaka, Lokonga and Elneny.

NONE of our CM's are worth hyping bar Partey.

The rest are just giving us by the numbers performances, Lokonga may be my 2nd or 3rd fav out of our CM's but that just goes to show you how poor our CM level is.

.............. if we had bought Bissouma as well, then our CM starts to look a bit prettier.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:28 pm

This mythical 30 chances is all the proof we need but seeing you squirm after being found out is funny.

I'll play along. You've already admitted you hated the goal and the scorer. Did you celebrate the goal? I remember looking around after the goal and after celebrating, I saw a kid, no more than 16/17 who looked like he didn't enjoy it at all. Was that you?

But but you're an arsenal fan
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:31 pm

Ach wrote:This mythical 30 chances is all the proof we need but seeing you squirm after being found out is funny.

I'll play along. You've already admitted you hated the goal and the scorer. Did you celebrate the goal? I remember looking around after the goal and after celebrating, I saw a kid, no more than 16/17 who looked like he didn't enjoy it at all. Was that you?

Not only does he hate Auba who scored he also maligned Arteta's subs ........ which changed the game.

Arteta won and still JR had a nightmare. :lol:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:31 pm

Ach wrote:This mythical 30 chances is all the proof we need but seeing you squirm after being found out is funny.

You didn;t see anyone because you were not there Ach.
Tell me, which stand (and/or what were they standing in front of) were AFTV doing their interviews outside after the game?
You couldn't miss them...
Also who was interviewed a few minutes pitchside before the game and on what subject?
Which 4 players are on page 48 of the matchday program?
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk