Albert Sambi Lokonga (23)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Albert Sambi Lokonga (23)

Postby Zenith » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:08 am

swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Sky is the limit for this kid.
He glides and is strong.
He's young and new to the PL so he'll have his ups and downs and he has a couple of areas to work on - shooting and a little on timing when to release the pass - but man does he have a bright future.

Send him to Marseille on a loan. They’ll fix him up.

Partey and Elneny will leave for the AFCON before the hectic period that starts around Boxing Day.

Like it or not, we're going to need Lokonga in their absence.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:28 am

Zenith wrote:
swipe right wrote:
He glides and is strong.
He's young and new to the PL so he'll have his ups and downs and he has a couple of areas to work on - shooting and a little on timing when to release the pass - but man does he have a bright future.

Partey and Elneny will leave for the AFCON before the hectic period that starts around Boxing Day.

I like it.
He looks a great signing.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby VCC » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:29 am

Zenith wrote:
swipe right wrote:
He glides and is strong.

Good point Zenith hopefully he continues to gain confidence before that time, I like him he has huge potential as does a great deal of the squad
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ag6789 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:17 am

We will need a CM in Christmas.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby swipe right » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:53 am

ag6789 wrote:We will need a CM in Christmas.

Bring Guendozi home.
Start Patino.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fran Solo » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:36 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Zenith wrote:
swipe right wrote:
He glides and is strong.

I like it.

It really is. I think we tend to do fine in signing promising youth players. Sambi, Tavares, Tomiyasu, Martinelli, even Odergaard and Guendouzi. Well, if it didn't work then just let the player go. We can still coup some of our money back. No big deal. The problem with our signing policy is the high profile ones like Mustafi, Kolasinac, Willian, maybe Pepe, Partey and White as well. These players cost us a lot of money and are (or will be) difficult to offload if they don't deliver in the end.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:41 pm

Fran Solo wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Zenith wrote:
swipe right wrote:
He glides and is strong.

I like it.

It really is. I think we tend to do fine in signing promising youth players. Sambi, Tavares, Tomiyasu, Martinelli, even Odergaard and Guendouzi. Well, if it didn't work then just let the player go. We can still coup some of our money back. No big deal. The problem with our signing policy is the high profile ones like Mustafi, Kolasinac, Willian, maybe Pepe, Partey and White as well. These players cost us a lot of money and are (or will be) difficult to offload if they don't deliver in the end.

I look at it more in the round.
We signed 6 young players for 150m and they ALL look good now and have huge potential.
The asset value will easily go up.
Probably the only one of the 6 that looks a little like he will need more adjustment time is Odegaard.

Lakonga just looks a class player. He's only going to get better. Seems to have the mentality, like a lot of the new guys, to really develop well.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:19 pm

ag6789 wrote:We will need a CM in Christmas.

I want Bissouma but unfortunately we have Xhaka.

Arteta isn't going to buy a CM now.

As for Sambi .......... he's not first team for me yet.

He's ok, but I think he needs to improve a bit, maybe by end of season he could be in contention but right now I see him more as a 2nd choice, capable though so have no issues him starting when needed, but we could do better with a Bissouma as first choice partner for Partey.

Partey & Bissouma would be the best deep CM pairing in the league imo.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:23 pm

Was decent yesterday after 2 bad games, hopefully can maintain that form.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Fran Solo » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:49 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Zenith wrote:
swipe right wrote:
He glides and is strong.

I like it.

We signed 6 young players for 150m and they ALL look good now and have huge potential.
Probably the only one of the 6 that looks a little like he will need more adjustment time is Odegaard.

Lakonga just looks a class player. He's only going to get better. Seems to have the mentality, like a lot of the new guys, to really develop well.

I'm not that worried about Odergaard. I want him to succeed, but if he fail then we can sell him and I believe we can get some of our money back. These AMs are not cheap. Just look at Buendia. Villa bought him for £38M and yesterday he was as ineffective as Odergaard on Monday.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:06 pm

Fran Solo wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Zenith wrote:
swipe right wrote:
He glides and is strong.

I like it.

I'm not that worried about Odergaard. I want him to succeed, but if he fail then we can sell him and I believe we can get some of our money back. These AMs are not cheap. Just look at Buendia. Villa bought him for £38M and yesterday he was as ineffective as Odergaard on Monday.

Looking at the squad now , all of a sudden and somewhat miraculously considering where we were, it's value is very high. So many young players that stand out. It's pretty remarkable to have a squad this packed with young talent. Real talent.

I mean how much would ESR be worth now.? Much more than the likes of Buendia, that's for sure. More than double.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:41 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Zenith wrote:
swipe right wrote:
He glides and is strong.

I like it.

Looking at the squad now , all of a sudden and somewhat miraculously considering where we were, it's value is very high. So many young players that stand out. It's pretty remarkable to have a squad this packed with young talent. Real talent.

I mean how much would ESR be worth now.? Much more than the likes of Buendia, that's for sure. More than double.

Since we don't really need the money then we should put Sancho's price tag on him, or more.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:12 am

Özim wrote:Was decent yesterday after 2 bad games, hopefully can maintain that form.

What 2 bad games? All he did wrong in the last game was lose possession for the goal, apart from that he was good.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:39 am

theHotHead wrote:
Özim wrote:Was decent yesterday after 2 bad games, hopefully can maintain that form.

What 2 bad games? All he did wrong in the last game was lose possession for the goal, apart from that he was good.

Agree. He's a player Arsenal fans are really excited about. Might be the most exciting of an excellent bunch of youngsters signed in the summer.
There was one moment on Friday where he beat the press by flicking it over the incoming opponent and breaking forward where I thought, wow, that's something Vieira would had done. If he is half as good as him in his Arsenal career that would be an achievement, but just seeing him have the confidence and skill to do that was brilliant.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:05 am

Disappointed with this guy as well. Hasn't really shown enough character to hold down a starting place. He should be benched.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk