Arteta Out

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arteta Out

Postby swipe right » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:02 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:Those draws to Brighton and Palace ain't looking so bad now, huh? :)

The only value that draw to CP brought us was that Arteta after subbing on Lacazette in the last minutes realised we needed to go 4-4-2.

That one decision has caused our recent surge, because we can be as good as we want but if Auba is isolated up front barely scoring then our attack threat is not enough.

Even today ESR's goal came from Laca driving into the box and drawing all the defenders to him which allowed ESR to pick up and shoot from the rebound.

The value the draw with Palace gave us was 1 point, plus the extension of our unbeaten run and a boost for the players from getting a late equaliser.

More like dropped points.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:53 am

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
LMAO wrote:Those draws to Brighton and Palace ain't looking so bad now, huh? :)

Yes they are!!! Its Brighton and Crystal Palace!! And the last I knew Liverpool and Man City were not 15th at Christmas recently and have won the league within a season or 2 in history, so they are allowed off days. We are not!

Nonsense.
It doesn't matter where the other clubs are or have been.
Brighton and Palace are playing well and they showed it.
An away draw to Brighton is a good result especially the clean sheet.
Palace have only lost 2 games all season.

Jay whatever way you spin it, its Brighton and Crystal Palace, 2 teams with a fraction of the value and quality we have but are doing far better than us, relatively. Both managers are getting the best out of their players - one of which has only had 10 or so games with his players.

Let that sink in!! Wrighty said this Palace team are unrecognisable from Hodgson's Palace just a season before. They were unlucky to draw with us, they beat Man City, drew with Leicester, beat Spurs and drew with West Ham. But but but, Arteta needs 2 years and £250m and our performances are still iffy. Vieira showing Arteta how to manage. Graham Potter allegedly sold Brighton's best defender, according to some, Brighton have conceded fewer goals than us - without White!!

Arsenal have White missing for a couple of games and our poor form was because of absences loool. Potter showing Arteta how to manage.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:09 am

After spending all this money he better be pushing top four. Every game is now a cup final.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:22 pm

Spurs showing more ambition and cahoonas than us!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:48 pm

OMG!

How in the fk did they do that???

Spurs have recruited Antonio Conte!!!

Well fk them I hope they lose every game, good luck getting Harry Kane out of his sulk pit.

Embarrassing.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:33 pm

Conte’s statement is quite funny.
Basically it translates as:

‘I was hoping for something better, but no offers came in, so I settled for Spurs.’
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:38 pm

theHotHead wrote:Spurs showing more ambition and cahoonas than us!

Sacked the bredda after 10 games - Arteta should've been sacked at Christmas last year !!!

Spurs showing a big club mentality and a big set of balls. We on the other hand .........
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:44 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Conte’s statement is quite funny.

‘I was hoping for something better, but no offers came in, so I settled for Spurs.’

He was waiting for Arsenal to offer something, but saw we are content with mediocrity :angry:
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:48 pm

theHotHead wrote:

He was waiting for Arsenal to offer something, but saw we are content with mediocrity :angry:

I guess we are going to find out in the Arteta vs Conte debate.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:50 pm

theHotHead wrote:

A few laughed when I said we could possibly get him.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Angelito » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:20 pm

theHotHead wrote:Spurs showing more ambition and cahoonas than us!

Tbh, Arteta succeeding at Arsenal seems to be our best hope. By success, I'm not taking about winning league titles again. Simply becoming a UCL regular. Starting 2024, that's possible if we keep up with the coefficients.

Personal opinion, Kroenkes aren't interested in hiring top class managers. Even if they sack Arteta, they'd go for someone like Rodgers or Potter. While the latter may turn out to be a dark horse, that's a different thing.

Stan and Josh wouldn't want to deal with another Wenger. By the time of his tussle with Gazidis and Arsenal hierarchy, they had started viewing him less as a legend, more as a problematic figure.

A world class manager comes with his own baggage. That's simply non-negotiable for the Kroenkes. They'd prefer things as it were. And, if we do qualify for the UCL under their terms and conditions, more bliss for them.

Wouldn't be surprised if they were open to selling Arsenal if this Arteta project failed, or if the next recruitment turns out the same way. They want a Wenger-esque figure without the baggage such a personality would bring.

I can totally understand Wenger's reluctance to return to the Emirates as a spectator. They did him dirty and now expect him to return with all smiles and charm. Simply not how humans function.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:01 pm

Angelito, I totally agree with you, it was highly unlikely that we would go for a top manager, the fact Spurs went for someone as polarising as Mourinho shows that they want success at any cost. they now have one of the few managers in the world that can mix it at the highest level with Pep, Klopp and Tuchel.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:12 pm

Whether Conte will succeed at Spurs is another matter but when you've to sack a manager after only 10 games shows some serious deficiency in planning and thinking on the part of the management.
If this becomes the norm God help us.
Chelsea, who are notorious for changing managers ( almost like a daily shirt change), even they give half a season to the poor guy.
But again it is the Spuddies, so expect something outrageous from them.
Good luck Conte( mercenary#1) w/ the tight fisted Levy.
Match made in......
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:41 pm

Not at all, its called standards, the results were below the standards Spurs expected, perfectly good management. And they didn't sack a rookie manager. We on the other hand let a rookie manager get to 15th at Christmas - a far far worse predicament, but saw fit to do nothing about it.

Standards.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:54 pm

theHotHead wrote:Not at all, its called standards, the results were below the standards Spurs expected, perfectly good management. And they didn't sack a rookie manager. We on the other hand let a rookie manager get to 15th at Christmas - a far far worse predicament, but saw fit to do nothing about it.

Standards.

Spurs are only 5 points off the top 4 with 28 games to go.
At this time, it makes me feel glad that our owner is not a reactionary fan as Levy seems to be.
It's better for the club if the owner is not over emotional.
We get that a lot here - it was not so long ago that people on here were shouting about how we missed out on Nuno.
Goldfish memories.

Our standards seem fine to me - progressing well and one of the form teams in the league.
Long may it continue.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk