Arteta Out

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arteta Out

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:48 pm

Don’t believe everything you read, just because some little known source took some poll doesn’t mean it’s correct, polls have been shown to be incorrect more often than not.

I’m sure you could do another poll and get the opposite result.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:50 pm

Özim wrote:Don’t believe everything you read, just because some little known source took some pill doesn’t mean it’s correct, polls have been shown to be incorrect more often than not.

The Athletic vs You.
I know who I believe.

Unfortunately, you have completely misjudged the fan base - maybe because you really need others to be as negative as you, so you made up your own reality, or you just don't understand.

Most fans are far more angry with the Kroenke's and his board team, not Arteta.
They see it for what it is. A big challenge that we're at the start of. Some worrying signs, but are prepared to wait a little longer.
The last 5 months of the season - as I have been trying to explain to you - have given fans hope that we can continue into this season under Arteta and improve.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:55 pm

Let me give you another example, apparently a poll says 95% of people say they are wearing masks outside their home and yet if you walk around a large majority don’t seem to be now.

Polls are a load of rubbish and totally dependent on the type of people who read the Athletic.

Of course you would because it suits you.

Most people see 8th and being outfoxed by Emery as dreadful, that’s the reality and it is of course, that’s
before we even look at the pathetic style of football.

I’ve seen far more Arteta out people than in, that poll if you’ll excuse my language is BS.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:18 pm

I'm not happy that it looks like xhaka and maybe bellerin are staying. I was banking on those as the two big improvements. I was fine with spending 50m on White providing we improved in those areas. It seems Maddison will be our other big signing. That is big money spent on two areas that didn't really need improving and ignoring the problem areas.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:32 pm

Özim wrote:Let me give you another example, apparently a poll says 95% of people say they are wearing masks outside their home and yet if you walk around a large majority don’t seem to be now.

Polls are a load of rubbish and totally dependent on the type of people who read the Athletic.

Most people see 8th and being outfoxed by Emery as dreadful, that’s the reality and it is of course, that’s

I’ve seen far more Arteta out people than in, that poll if you’ll excuse my language is BS.

You can bury your head in the sand all you want when some inconvenient evidence surfaces.
Your choice.

You are also confusing different issues.
85% of fans said they were unhappy with our season last year in the same survey.
The other 15% were 'neither happy or unhappy'.
Basically no one is happy with our season overall last year,
Unlike you, most don't try and blame Arteta for everything, though, and can see signs of improvement that give them some hope and lead them to support Arteta for another year.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Nuggets » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:39 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:Let me give you another example, apparently a poll says 95% of people say they are wearing masks outside their home and yet if you walk around a large majority don’t seem to be now.

You can bury your head in the sand all you want when some inconvenient evidence surfaces.
Your choice.

85% of fans said they were unhappy with our season last year in the same survey.
Unlike you, most don't try and blame Arteta for everything, though, and can see signs of improvement that give them some hope and lead them to support Arteta for another year.

:rofll: :rofll: I gorra give it to you, credit where it is due your consistent if nothing else. The Buck stops with the clown.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:42 pm

Nuggets wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Your choice.

:rofll: :rofll: I gorra give it to you, credit where it is due your consistent if nothing else. The Buck stops with the clown.

Not according to the majority of Arsenal fans.
They see the board as the bigger issue and believe Arteta deserves another season.

Clearly, that support will wane if we have another bad season, but right now, Arteta has the support of most fans.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Nuggets » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:47 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Your choice.

They see the board as the bigger issue and believe Arteta deserves another season.

Clearly, that support will wane if we have another bad season, but right now, Arteta has the support of most fans.

I think you are just making stuff up now on another WU, it will be interesting to read your thoughts if we're shite by Christmas. ;)
Nuggets

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:48 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

Your choice.

Oh right I see, so we had a bad season and 85% thought so but somehow it’s not the managers responsibility.

If that’s the case let’s get rid of him anyway as clearly he has very little to do with success and failure, I’m sure we can find someone on 20k a year to do the job saving us the best part of 5 million, I mean if it’s not down the manager the why bother paying for one?

There is no improvement let’s be clear, a season is played over 38 games, not a cherry picked number, if you’re in charge of a whole season results are down to you and the end position is what you’ve achieved, not this imaginary 6 months league table which doesn’t exist, as I said Wenger had unbeaten runs at the end of seasons (much better ones than Arteta) and it never amounted to anything or actually improved the team.

It’s a fallacy to think this is an improvement, it’s not he came 8th and won nothing, that’s worse than the previous season of only marginally, most importantly it’s terrible and I can tell y out very few enjoyed the last 5 months of the season, most complained about the style and results.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:30 pm

Nuggets wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Your choice.

I think you are just making stuff up now on another WU, it will be interesting to read your thoughts if we're shite by Christmas. ;)

I have already given you my thoughts if we'ree shit by Christmas.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:52 pm

Has a manager ever been sacked after one game?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Goonerred » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:22 pm

Ach wrote:Has a manager ever been sacked after one game?

Dunno, but Arteta won't be sacked tonightl
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby VCC » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:26 pm

Goonerred wrote:
Ach wrote:Has a manager ever been sacked after one game?

Dunno, but Arteta won't be sacked tonightl

Probably better odds to win the pools
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby themessiah » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:39 pm

Will take at least 2/3 months before Arteta goes. Going to be the most toxic months for him with fans back in the stadium. Hey at least the All or Nothing Doc will be decent lol.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Goonerred » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:53 pm

Jez wrote:Coming up to 2 years with him in charge.

What has improved? Where are we going?

Depressing.

'We're on the road to nowhere...'
Goonerred

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk