Arteta Out

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arteta Out

Postby Hypergooner » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:58 pm

We can loose 8 games and get top 4 in my view. We have already lost 3. If we only loose 2 more maximum this side of January. We have a realistic chance as europe will start taking it's toll on the others. If we don't get 6th minimum Arteta needs to go
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:34 pm

Hypergooner wrote:We can loose 8 games and get top 4 in my view. We have already lost 3. If we only loose 2 more maximum this side of January. We have a realistic chance as europe will start taking it's toll on the others. If we don't get 6th minimum Arteta needs to go

70 points will be enough for top 4, IMO
65 enough for top 6.

I think we can lose more than 8.
Chelsea and Liverpool lost 9 last year.

Year before Chelsea lost 12 and got 4th

Year before that Spurs lost 13 and got 4th

This side of January we have 11 games left. The idea that we'll only lose 2 of them is fanciful, but if (and likely when) we lose more than that, it won't be the end of our top 4 chances as long as we pick up around 19 points from the 33 on offer between now and the game against Man City on New Years Day.

That would leave us around 5 points off top 4 with 18 games to go.
It would be nice to be closer and hopefully, we are, but we're not out of the top 4 race if we lose more 3 or 4 games between now and Jan 1st. Depends on how many of the other games we win vs draw.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:39 pm

Hypergooner wrote:We can loose 8 games and get top 4 in my view. We have already lost 3. If we only loose 2 more maximum this side of January. We have a realistic chance as europe will start taking it's toll on the others. If we don't get 6th minimum Arteta needs to go

Losses are one part of the equation. The other part is points dropped against winnable opposition, and we are frequently doing the latter.

We play OK if we score first. If we don't, we struggle massively. Under Arteta, we have never come back to win a PL game after going behind. The best we can do there is stuff like 2-2 vs Palace or 3-3 vs West Ham.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:43 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:

Losses are one part of the equation. The other part is points dropped against winnable opposition, and we are frequently doing the latter.

We play OK if we score first. If we don't, we struggle massively. Under Arteta, we have never come back to win a PL game after going behind. The best we can do there is stuff like 2-2 vs Palace or 3-3 vs West Ham.

Simply not true.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby starmandb » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:14 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:

We came from behind to beat
Last season
Spurs h
Leicester a
Southampton a
19/20
Liverpool h
Everton h
Man City have come from behind only twice in the same period to win premier league games
Chelsea have come from behind 5 times in the same period
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby swipe right » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:43 am

Rumor has it that Conte or Zidane are being lined up at Old Trafford. Oh man, I’m scared. That means we officially have the most naive manager of the big six. God help us.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Hypergooner » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:58 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

70 points will be enough for top 4, IMO
65 enough for top 6.

I think we can lose more than 8.
Chelsea and Liverpool lost 9 last year.

Year before Chelsea lost 12 and got 4th

Year before that Spurs lost 13 and got 4th

This side of January we have 11 games left. The idea that we'll only lose 2 of them is fanciful, but if (and likely when) we lose more than that, it won't be the end of our top 4 chances as long as we pick up around 19 points from the 33 on offer between now and the game against Man City on New Years Day.

That would leave us around 5 points off top 4 with 18 games to go.
It would be nice to be closer and hopefully, we are, but we're not out of the top 4 race if we lose more 3 or 4 games between now and Jan 1st. Depends on how many of the other games we win vs draw.

How many games did the top 4 loose before Christmas in the last 2 or 3 years?

I may be overly pessimistic thinking we can only lose 8 to get top 4 but I can't see City Liverpool or Chelsea loosing more than that this season.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Hypergooner » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:04 pm

swipe right wrote:Rumor has it that Conte or Zidane are being lined up at Old Trafford. Oh man, I’m scared. That means we officially have the most naive manager of the big six. God help us.

Given the run they have in November hopefully they will be a way off the pace by time any new coach gets settled. They definitely have the squad to be annoying if they get a good manager though

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Ach » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:12 pm

10 league games in

Won 5, drawn 2, lost 3

Performance wise. Good half v Tottenham and villa. Good 20 mins v Leicester. That's it.

Would we have taken that at the start of the season? Nope.

Could be 6/7th at the end of Mondays game.

Behind on where we should be. Especially with no Europe.

We're on a little run of getting results so hopefully things get better
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby alexafc12 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:17 pm

When you look closer and see 2 of those losses came against Man City and Chelsea it's not too bad.

Performances need to be more consistent.

We should turn over Watford next week but I wouldn't be surprised if we struggled.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:19 pm

alexafc12 wrote:When you look closer and see 2 of those losses came against Man City and Chelsea it's not too bad.

Performances need to be more consistent.

We should turn over Watford next week but I wouldn't be surprised if we struggled.

We could of course struggle - it's the PL. Every game we play is a potential loss. Same for every other team.
We'll need to be focused and 100% concentrated to get 3 points.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby ag6789 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:21 pm

It'll be game at a time. Even the top ones in this league aren't assured of anything. Man city down by a goal and a man right now.
Important to do keep your head and do the job at hand.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:29 pm

Unless we beat Liverpool which is coming up after Watford, then nothings changed at all.

........... we're still not as good as Liverpool.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:35 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Unless we beat Liverpool which is coming up after Watford, then nothings changed at all.

Nothing has changed because we're not as good as Liverpool?
SMH.
:rolleyes:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:37 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Unless we beat Liverpool which is coming up after Watford, then nothings changed at all.

Nothing has changed because we're not as good as Liverpool?
SMH.
:rolleyes:

:rofll:

You just can't help yourself can you?

Then there's the eye roll. LOL

Has to be the best worded post ever, even my lawyers would of been impressed.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk