Arteta Out

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arteta Out

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:41 pm

Nuggets wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
Ach wrote:Being in the CL from midtable as they were when Tuchel took over is only slightly better than midtable to midtable in the same period for Arteta?

Don't forget we won last 4 games when it didn't matter after being humiliated in Europe whereas Chelsea league form dropped off as they concentrated on the finals

But let's not details scupper another Arteta love in

That’s the thing those meaningless matches with no pressure on the at the end of the season help beef up our run and create the impression that we were actually good since December.

Stats don’t tell the whole story, you need to use the alongside what you’re seeing on the pitch, trouble is the stats contradict what we saw which was not very good at all.

Every single one of our matches was important at the end of the season.
We ended our penultimate game still with a chance of EL qualification.
Even on the last day in the last few minutes we were playing for something.

You can't change reality - both Chelsea and Arsenal were fighting in the league until the last minutes.
You are just trying to underplay the reality that Tuchel's record in the PL since he joined is just slightly better than Arteta's

I can see why you'd want that to be different considering you think one is a genius and the other an idiot.

:rofll: :rofll: He just won the CL the clown will never get us in the CL as long as he has a hole in his ass lol

What has winning a cup competition have to do with PL points?

Your reaction is just another example of an emotional reaction to a fact you don't like.
Everything has to be terrible or it makes you feel uncomfortable, it seems, with a need to go OTT in bashing the club - no idea why.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:57 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
Ach wrote:Being in the CL from midtable as they were when Tuchel took over is only slightly better than midtable to midtable in the same period for Arteta?

Don't forget we won last 4 games when it didn't matter after being humiliated in Europe whereas Chelsea league form dropped off as they concentrated on the finals

That’s the thing those meaningless matches with no pressure on the at the end of the season help beef up our run and create the impression that we were actually good since December.

Stats don’t tell the whole story, you need to use the alongside what you’re seeing on the pitch, trouble is the stats contradict what we saw which was not very good at all.

You can't change reality - both Chelsea and Arsenal were fighting in the league until the last minutes.
You are just trying to underplay the reality that Tuchel's record in the PL since he joined is just slightly better than Arteta's

I can see why you'd want that to be different considering you think one is a genius and the other an idiot.

I don’t agree, no one thought we’d get EL football once we got knocked out of it and as it turned out they were right, for most those matches were meaningless which is how we called them before playing them, though I can see why you’d claim otherwise, and this from the guy who said the EL doesn’t matter as well.

Chelsea had the cup and of course the CL final, it’s clear they were less focussed on the league than they should have been.

Facts out Tuchel came in and in a short time outperformed Arteta despite not knowing the players and won the CL in the process, meanwhile Arteta had a whole season to get results after six months in the job already and only ended up 8th, the same position he managed the season before.

Even that pointless run you keep referring to that no one cares about or was impressed by doesn’t changed that, fact is people only care about the season as a whole and that as lousy on all scores!
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:38 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:

I don’t agree, no one thought we’d get EL football once we got knocked out of it and as it turned out they were right, for most those matches were meaningless which is how we called them before playing them, though I can see why you’d claim otherwise, and this from the guy who said the EL doesn’t matter as well.

Chelsea had the cup and of course the CL final, it’s clear they were less focussed on the league than they should have been.

Facts out Tuchel came in and in a short time outperformed Arteta despite not knowing the players and won the CL in the process, meanwhile Arteta had a whole season to get results after six months in the job already and only ended up 8th, the same position he managed the season before.

Even that pointless run you keep referring to that no one cares about or was impressed by doesn’t changed that, fact is people only care about the season as a whole and that as lousy on all scores!

No fella, it's not just me.
Don;t pretend that the entire Arsenal fan base, bar me, feels positive about some aspects of our club and manager, for that matter (including our recent form).

We'll agree to disagree on whether either or Arsenal or Chelsea were trying to win every game until the end of the season.
It seems ridiculous to suggest otherwise, but you are entitled to think what you want.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Nuggets » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:40 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:

:rofll: :rofll: He just won the CL the clown will never get us in the CL as long as he has a hole in his ass lol

Your reaction is just another example of an emotional reaction to a fact you don't like.
Everything has to be terrible or it makes you feel uncomfortable, it seems, with a need to go OTT in bashing the club - no idea why.

Everything about the clown is terrible as is the mismanagement of our once great club, you are taking WUMing to the next level with your assessment of the clown, still its entertaining, carry on. :biggrin:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:28 pm

Honestly Jay, I don't know - in real life - any Arsenal fan that is happy with Arteta, I can't say I know anyone that wants him to stay, small sample size admittedly but still, he is not popular in my circle.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:41 pm

theHotHead wrote:Honestly Jay, I don't know - in real life - any Arsenal fan that is happy with Arteta, I can't say I know anyone that wants him to stay, small sample size admittedly but still, he is not popular in my circle.

Didn't say I was happy with Arteta.
I said we're on good form over the last few months - because we are. That gives me reason to be more positive heading into next year.
Beyond that I have already discussed the areas I am unhappy with Arteta on and see no need to join in with the negativity at this time.
Honestly, the level of negativity here has gone past the point of being a joke.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Paddy » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:32 pm

Nuggets wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:

Everything about the clown is terrible as is the mismanagement of our once great club, you are taking WUMing to the next level with your assessment of the clown, still its entertaining, carry on. :biggrin:
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:49 am

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Honestly Jay, I don't know - in real life - any Arsenal fan that is happy with Arteta, I can't say I know anyone that wants him to stay, small sample size admittedly but still, he is not popular in my circle.

I said we're on good form over the last few months - because we are. That gives me reason to be more positive heading into next year.
Beyond that I have already discussed the areas I am unhappy with Arteta on and see no need to join in with the negativity at this time.

Like I said before no one really seems to care about this alleged good form you talk about, the end result is what mattered and that was abysmal.

As far as I’m concerned we’re starting the season with a handicap if he’s still in charge, he’s hindering any chance we have of progress, his time in charge proves that, we haven’t finished so low since the 90s and he’s managed it twice!

He’s had his time, 18 months is ample to show what you can do and to me and most others it’s clear he xmcant achieve much here, I personally don’t want to see us waste yet another 6 months and thus another season because we are incompetent and not ruthless enough, it’s just more time wasted and yet more time until we start then rebuild under a new manager again.

I think the club backing Arteta is another sure sign of the lack of ambition that has been running through the club since the Kroenkes arrived, no big club with any ambition would still have him in charge!
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:36 am

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Like I said before no one really seems to care about this alleged good form you talk about, the end result is what mattered and that was abysmal.

As far as I’m concerned we’re starting the season with a handicap if he’s still in charge, he’s hindering any chance we have of progress, his time in charge proves that, we haven’t finished so low since the 90s and he’s managed it twice!

He’s had his time, 18 months is ample to show what you can do and to me and most others it’s clear he xmcant achieve much here, I personally don’t want to see us waste yet another 6 months and thus another season because we are incompetent and not ruthless enough, it’s just more time wasted and yet more time until we start then rebuild under a new manager again.

I think the club backing Arteta is another sure sign of the lack of ambition that has been running through the club since the Kroenkes arrived, no big club with any ambition would still have him in charge!

Yeah, and I disagree with you.
There are many Arsenal fans who are positive for the same reasons I am going into the new season.
Not the majority granted, but you're just playing to your own negativity by saying something so foolish as I am the only person.

Last fan survey I saw, back in March, showed that only 17% of fans blame Arteta for our poor season (43% blame the players) and in terms of optimism it scored a 5/10. Pretty low optimism, but certainly not exclusively negative. I am sure the numbers on this forum would be 99% and 0/10, but this forum is quite obviously way more negative than the wider fan base.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:57 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

There are many Arsenal fans who are positive for the same reasons I am going into the new season.
Not the majority granted, but you're just playing to your own negativity by saying something so foolish as I am the only person.

Last fan survey I saw, back in March, showed that only 17% of fans blame Arteta for our poor season (43% blame the players) and in terms of optimism it scored a 5/10. Pretty low optimism, but certainly not exclusively negative. I am sure the numbers on this forum would be 99% and 0/10, but this forum is quite obviously way more negative than the wider fan base.

That survey was back in March, since then we ended the season 8th and got knocked out the EL by Emery, after that opinion changed, most wanted him out and still do.

You’re one of the few these days to still support him.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:33 am

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

That survey was back in March, since then we ended the season 8th and got knocked out the EL by Emery, after that opinion changed, most wanted him out and still do.

Yeah, and the next survey of fans will show a dip for sure, but still many fans who don't buy into your negativity.
Also what is with the 'you support Arteta' aimed at me?
I don't support Arteta, I support Arsenal and when there are positive signs, I recognise them.
Frankly, I couldn't care less who the manager is.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Paddy » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:36 am

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:56 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Yeah, and the next survey of fans will show a dip for sure, but still many fans who don't buy into your negativity.
Also what is with the 'you support Arteta' aimed at me?
I don't support Arteta, I support Arsenal and when there are positive signs, I recognise them.
Frankly, I couldn't care less who the manager is.

I care, I want someone who can achieve something make genuine progress, which he isn’t really making, not in any tangible sense anyway.

He’s no good for Arsenal, 8th twice shows that, so for me I want him out, I find it difficult to understand why some people don’t want rid to be honest.

He’s the manager at the end of the day, he influences the players performances and picks the players, sets up the coaching and does everything to make the team function at its best, if this is the best he can do with this group and it clearly seems to be. it’s very disappointing, I can’t see the merit in keeping him.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:21 pm

Leave JayRam to it. His talk isn't genuine. He just likes to argue and play the contraian. People haven’t got the energy to chime in everyday on this topic. Leave it for a few weeks and you'll see.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:06 pm

Ach wrote:People do realise jay is trolling right?

Doesn't care who the manager is lol

Who says that?

Someone who only cares about how the club does.
Recently we've been doing OK, after a really poor run.
I'd like that to continue, Arteta or no Arteta.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk