Arteta Out

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arteta Out

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:58 am

jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:15 am

Last 8 games run. 9th on Friday. 12th on Monday.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:32 am

swipe right wrote:Last 8 games run. 9th on Friday. 12th on Monday.

Lol.
That trench of yours is almost reaching Australia.
Arteta is rocking it right now and the new signings absolutely amazing.
Edu and Arteta worked a miracle there - so many young players that already look top class.
:1990_dancing.gif:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:25 am

jayramfootball wrote:

Lol.
Edu and Arteta worked a miracle there - so many young players that already look top class.

I don’t celebrate 9th place and home wins against Villa. My club is bigger than that.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:26 am

swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Lol.

I don’t celebrate 9th place and home wins against Villa. My club is bigger than that.

Lol, if you can't celebrate the performance last night and our excellent form, you've gone past Australia and are now drifting helplessly in space.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:34 am

jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Lol.

Lol, if you can't celebrate the performance last night and our excellent form, you've gone past Australia and are now drifting helplessly in space.

Form? What form? We have played eight games and are ninth in the table. Three teams behind us have a game in hand. Nothing else matters. You’re excited because we beat a team that finished 11th last season at home? Get a grip.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:38 am

swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Lol.

Form? What form? We have played eight games and are ninth in the table. Three teams behind us have a game in hand. Nothing else matters. You’re excited because we beat a team that finished 11th last season at home? Get a grip.

14pts from the last 18 pal.
2nd brilliant performance to go along with the points in the last 4 games.
1 point off top 4
Level on points with top 6
Brilliant young players lighting up the Emirates - including nearly all the signings from our superb transfer window.

Mikel is crushing you.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:41 am

jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Lol.

1 point off top 4
Brilliant young players lighting up the Emirates - including nearly all the signings from our superb transfer window.

Mikel is crushing you.

Last 3 games.
Brighton 0-0
Palace 2-2
Villa 3-1

4 point from the last 9.

Mikel is crushing all of us brother.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:45 am

swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Lol.

1 point off top 4

Mikel is crushing you.

Last 3 games.
Brighton 0-0
Palace 2-2
Villa 3-1

4 point from the last 9.

Mikel is crushing all of us brother.

You might want to learn to count pal.
That's 5pts from the last 9.
I can see you are all over the place this morning.

Oh and like I said, 14 from the last 18 with the new team after a great transfer window - especially those brilliant defenders. ;)
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Santi » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:06 pm

Good tally from the last 6 games but let’s not get too excited yet, it’s been a pretty easy run of fixtures and we did drop points we shouldn’t have.

That puts us needing to take some points off at least one of Leicester, Scouse or Utd to accommodate. Spurs was a nice win but we need more of those against the better teams if we can’t maximise points against the lesser teams.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:17 pm

Santi wrote:Good tally from the last 6 games but let’s not get too excited yet, it’s been a pretty easy run of fixtures and we did drop points we shouldn’t have.

That puts us needing to take some points off at least one of Leicester, Scouse or Utd to accommodate. Spurs was a nice win but we need more of those against the better teams if we can’t maximise points against the lesser teams.

Yup
Let's see where are going into the second half of the season.
Pretty optimistic.
:arsesmile:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:27 pm

Santi wrote:Good tally from the last 6 games but let’s not get too excited yet, it’s been a pretty easy run of fixtures and we did drop points we shouldn’t have.

Exactly what I was going to say.

Jay we just almost got beat by Crystal Palace literally saved ourselves by 2 seconds flat, you set yourself up for a backfire if you keep overplaying your hand.

Beating Aston Villa is what we expect, just because you've painted the narrative that every Prem team is Barca-lite including the bottom 10 .......... we haven't.

It was a good win and "if" we keep up a win streak over the next three games of Leeds, Leicester and Watford, then, and only then can the Brighton and CP draws be taken into a wider context of an unbeaten run with a couple of dodge draws.

But I wouldn't be crowing just yet if I were you, Leciester could be a banana skin easily and then we have Liverpool.

So while we're 9th we need to keep it in check until we keep yesterdays performance going and Arteta shows he gets it that Auba must have a strike partner and he doesn't just ditch that idea by next week.

What Arteta does next with the striker situation is going to show me a lot with regards to how he's improving (if he is) as a manager, we need to get a winning formula together now!
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:33 pm

Agree with this I expected us to win all of those, the Spurs game was the only less certain one but we were at home which gave us the advantage IMO.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby ag6789 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:16 pm

It is foolish to expect consistency from a team so young. Don't expect ESR or Saka to play at the same level day in and day out. Also, too much exposure at 19-20 yrs risks burn out.
Rather , our destiny remains in the hands of two of our best players , Auba and Laca. If they find good form( all indications that they're striving towards it) we will in a better place( not to forget they have about 170 goals between them). Then there's Pepe, our most expensive player needs to start making an impact.
To give credit where it is due, Arteta seems to have a handle on the defense now. Tomi Tavares and even much maligned White seems to be good buys, and are gelling with the existing cast.
Also, midfield is still deficient with a need for a quality CM being urgent.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:42 pm

Hypergooner wrote:I'm with you on the good manager in Arteta somewhere. I like him, his energy etc. But he needs to be doing his time at another club away from the Prem like Gerrard is.

When Wenger left, we as a club weren't in a position to play around and needed to reduce the odds of slipping further as much as possible. Emry was good on paper but it didn't quite work out. Our next move should have been for a world renowned coach with CL pedigree while we could just about get one.

When George Graham departed we got Bruce in. Didn't quite work out so we sacked and got a well respect manager from abroad (albeit UK hadn't heard of him) Europe rated him as a coach

I think we'd have been far better off hiring Benítez after Wenger. We needed someone with experience and class. When a legendary manager steps down, it becomes impossible for mediocre managers to galvanize the team. It's such a seismic change.

I know many here, including myself, were against Emery's appointment. It wasn't a surprise when he started struggling. In fact, if we'd have appointed Arteta over Emery back then, we might have been in a better shape.

Going from a veteran to a rookie would have been a major gamble. Back then, we could actually afford to get a novice with good ideas. It would be a risk worth taking. Could have sacked him if the risk didn't pay-off. The Emery era just feels like a waste of time now.

The problem is Arsenal—as has been the culture for decades here—were risk-averse and went for a safe option. It backfired... And now Arteta is here.

A safer option would have been Benítez or even Ancelotti. They'd have been good transitional managers.

All hindsight though.

Your last paragraph is poignant. People like to mythologize Arsene Who when we first appointed him. That's such a lousy take. Wenger was an established European name. He'd won the league and cup in France as he went against a corrupt Marseille. He'd already turned down Bayern during his stint at Monaco. He had also performed far better in the European Cup than we had in our entire history.

Wenger was the poster-child of a modern day manager when we first signed him.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk