Arteta Out

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arteta Out

Postby jayramfootball » Sat May 21, 2022 12:59 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
#ST wrote:Mikel Arteta

This guy is so mediocre it hurts me to write any of the following things down, but I need to put it out there.
I want to share with my fellow Gooners just how bad its going with our club.

I absolutely LOVE Arsenal FC, even if they are not giving me any reasons to love 'm these days.

We had Wenger for too long, lets start with that. I absolutely adore Arsene Wenger, he is my wifi password today still, and I will NEVER disrespect him in any way. He shouldve been replaced when we had better options available, not because they are so much better than Arsene Wenger, but because you cannot keep the same coach indefinitely and when you have good options, you take 'm.

We didnt. We kept hanging on to Wenger. And we did something that I am ashamed as an Arsenal fan, we fired our legendary manager.
Dont be fooled into thinking anything else; Wenger had another year left on his contract, and he was told to announce he's leaving. Wenger never breaks contract. He was fired.

Years after, we are struggling to finish in the top 4. Something Wenger 'always' did. And we, the fans, said thats not enough. We pay the MOST money out of all the clubs in the Premier League, for top money we expect to be playing for the top spots. And top 4 wasnt enough. We wanted to compete for gold. Which is a fair thing to demand looking at the shameless amount of money they ask of us to watch the Gunners play.

We replaced him with Emery. And lets face it, it just wasnt a good fit. Maybe it was the language barrier, maybe it was because he wasnt allowed to get the players he wanted, but the beautiful football we played during the Wenger days were gone.
He got a semi final, where we faced an Athletico Madrid side we really shouldnt have lost to over 2 games, and we lost a final against Chelsea.

He was very close to European silverware, something we lack tremendously. And he was fired.

I thought to myself; holy shit, the board are finally ruthless! I thought it was too harsh since the guy was performing really well in Europe and I felt that he would surely end the European prize drought ( which is even worse than our League wins drought ) but I was like ; OKAY, this is nice. We are finally acting like a big club.

Who did we get? We got Mikel Arteta. A mediocre player that was at Everton for 95% of his career. Comes to Arsenal for his final few years, and now, suddenly, with ZERO experience, gets the hot seat for the Arsenal? I was NOT amused.

He then proceeds to win the FA Cup. And he does it wonderfully, beating 2 major teams on his way to glory.

Obviously, after this, I back him for the following season. He. Didnt. Qualify. For. Europe.

Guys, this is absolutely dreadful. We, the Arsenal, playing no European football? This is mid-table stuff. We were NOT content with simply finishing top 4, now we werent even CLOSE to top 4? Whats happening?

He gets another crack at Arsenal. He bullies major defensive signing Saliba out of the club, tells Guendouzi to f**k off to France as if we got all the depth in the world ( side note: WE DO NOT ) gets all these major signings. And then what? Without Europe, we are eliminated by Liverpool in the League Cup. Alright, big club, you can lose that. But getting kicked out of the FA Cup against Nottingham? Thats not okay at all.

But okay, now we are out of both cups, and with no European football, surely, we are going to get that top 4 finish.

Listen to me, I HAD NO EXPECTATIONS. Not because Arsenal is so poor, but because MIKEL ARTETA is. This guy is a f***ing joke.

I am fuming when I think of how we didnt turn up VS C. Palace. Then proceed NOT to show up VS Brighton. Southampton was harsh, we were good in that game, shouldnt have lost that, but that happens in football.

There comes the big game, do or die, the NLD.

What the f**k happened? This was f***ing disgraceful. But okay, time to get the heads in the right direction, we had the cushion of losing to Spuds. Just show up VS Newcastle.

WE DIDNT.

Tavares. This guy is SO ridicilously bad. He looks like a f***ing amateur. WE LOANED OUT SALIBA. WE SHIPPED KOLASINAC. Only to be left with NUNO f***ing TAVARES. This is on Mikel Arteta. You dont BULLY your talented defender and keep a f***ing amateur. You dont ship out Kolasinac, who is not a world beater, but compared to Tavares is a f***ing Roberto Carlos class of defender.

He f***ing played Tavares after seeing TIME AND TIME AGAIN this guy cannot handle the pressure. We f***ing melted. Our season has been ruined. And why? Because MEDICORE f***ing ARTETA thinks he is a f***ing genius with his f***ing ridicilous way of removing player without replacing them with someone decent.

Guendouzi is SO much better than Lokonga. Every time he was forced to play Lokonga, that couldve and SHOULVE been Guendouzi.
Saliba is a f***ing class A talented defender. We paid GOOD MONEY to see him loaned out 3 f***ing seasons.
Aubameyang was in terrible terrible terrrrrible f***ing form, but you DONT REMOVE YOUR TOP SCORER JUST TO REPLACE HIM WITH AIR.
This is BEYOND ridicilous.

Arteta is a JOKE.

Arsenal is a JOKE for hiring him. An even BIGGER joke for giving him a f***ing budget. And a DISGRACE for not firing him.

f**k Mikel Arteta. f**k the board for not removing this mediocre piece of shit out of our club.

We are being run by imbeciles. Arteta is the worst cancer our team has ever had. This guy will NEVER resign. He'd be crazy to do so. Mark my words, Mikel Arteta WILL NEVER manage a big club in his life again.

Mikel Arteta and the board who backs him should get the f**k out our beautiful football club.

That's from the heart.

It is, though not from the head.
Almost everything is incorrect and/or over the top.
Can’t argue with the passion though.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Sat May 21, 2022 1:21 pm

The thing about Arteta is that his believers can’t point to anything as signs of quality. I’m all for giving a manager time if he has demonstrated quality. You look at how guys like Tuchel and Conte came in and changed their teams fortunes mid season and you can say they should be given time. You look at how Klopp took an underperforming Liverpool and year on year made them better till they became a monster team and you can say it was right to be given time.

But that is not the case with Arteta. There is really no area where he has dramatically improved things. Sure we are better than Emery’s worst days but is that really an accomplishment? At some point support of Arteta comes down to wishful thinking. It may still happen but there are no signs to suggest it will at this stage.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Sat May 21, 2022 1:32 pm

swipe right wrote:The thing about Arteta is that his believers can’t point to anything as signs of quality. I’m all for giving a manager time if he has demonstrated quality. You look at how guys like Tuchel and Conte came in and changed their teams fortunes mid season and you can say they should be given time. You look at how Klopp took an underperforming Liverpool and year on year made them better till they became a monster team and you can say it was right to be given time.

But that is not the case with Arteta. There is really no area where he has dramatically improved things. Sure we are better than Emery’s worst days but is that really an accomplishment? At some point support of Arteta comes down to wishful thinking. It may still happen but there are no signs to suggest it will at this stage.

He’s done the most important thing he needed to.
Get rid of a long list of players who were never going to take us forward and has started the rebuild.
It’s 10 yrs overdue and he had the balls to do it.
That buys him the time to bring the club back to a place of being serious challengers for top honours.
The club has not been in better shape for a long long time.

Some fans are happy to wait, others want success now or they go into a complete state of negativity. M the club need to make sure cooler heads prevail.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Sat May 21, 2022 1:51 pm

The only thing Arteta did well was coming in mid-season and winning the FA Cup, beating some decent teams in the process.

Other than that, meh.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Sat May 21, 2022 2:17 pm

theHotHead wrote:The only thing Arteta did well was coming in mid-season and winning the FA Cup, beating some decent teams in the process.

Other than that, meh.
Burnely home in 2020 showed us Arteta's low skill level of creating an attacking team. I've wanted him out since then and nothing whatsoever i have seen is making me change my mind. He's living off the FA Cup and board ignorance and stubborness to keep a easily controllable puppet incharge.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby swipe right » Sat May 21, 2022 3:01 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:The thing about Arteta is that his believers can’t point to anything as signs of quality. I’m all for giving a manager time if he has demonstrated quality. You look at how guys like Tuchel and Conte came in and changed their teams fortunes mid season and you can say they should be given time. You look at how Klopp took an underperforming Liverpool and year on year made them better till they became a monster team and you can say it was right to be given time.

He’s done the most important thing he needed to.
Get rid of a long list of players who were never going to take us forward and has started the rebuild.
It’s 10 yrs overdue and he had the balls to do it.
That buys him the time to bring the club back to a place of being serious challengers for top honours.
The club has not been in better shape for a long long time.

Some fans are happy to wait, others want success now or they go into a complete state of negativity. M the club need to make sure cooler heads prevail.

But getting rid of players who are not wanted at the club is the job of the director of football. That’s what Edu is there for. How are we better than ten years ago when ten years ago we were playing CL football and even finished second in the league not to mention a number of cup wins? This is all manipulation of history to make a guy who is clearly underperforming seem brilliant. He’s not done anything substantive. His team management is weak, tactics are weak and he can’t seem to keep the team on a sustained run of success. None of this is likely to change next season.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Nuggets » Sat May 21, 2022 3:09 pm

elkanofan wrote:
theHotHead wrote:The only thing Arteta did well was coming in mid-season and winning the FA Cup, beating some decent teams in the process.

Other than that, meh.
Burnely home in 2020 showed us Arteta's low skill level of creating an attacking team. I've wanted him out since then and nothing whatsoever i have seen is making me change my mind. He's living off the FA Cup and board ignorance and stubborness to keep a easily controllable puppet incharge.

Spot on with that assessment. :clap:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby swipe right » Sat May 21, 2022 3:31 pm

Said it before, he’s our AVB. For those of you old enough to have seen AVB at Chelsea you’ll know exactly what I mean. Only difference is Roman saw through him instantly and sent him packing. It’s not that AVB didn’t have a few successes here and there, it’s that he wasn’t up to the grade of top premier league team manager.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Salibatelli » Sat May 21, 2022 3:46 pm

Anyone could have got rid of players if they were given licence to and given money to spend, that’s not an achievement.

On top of that we literally gave away or paid people to take them, so it’s not like we got a good fee.

Underwhelming is what the last 2 1/2 years has been IMO and I don’t see how he can progress us any more based on what we’ve seen, as someone said other managers have had a noticeable impact from reasonably early on and progression has been clear, it’s not with Arteta.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby theHotHead » Sat May 21, 2022 3:46 pm

I have asked the question before and not got an answer. What exactly is Arteta good at doing? I said good, which is above average/mediocre.

I don't think he is tactically special. I don't think he is good at developing players, hence him having to ship so many players out. I don't think he is a good people manager, I don't think he can set up a team well offensively and ultimately we have been average defensively.

So I ask again, what exactly is Arteta good at??
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sat May 21, 2022 3:49 pm

What is his league record like?

It's the bread and butter of managers.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Marsbar100 » Sat May 21, 2022 3:51 pm

13Ls two seasons running, its awful
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Salibatelli » Sat May 21, 2022 4:03 pm

theHotHead wrote:I have asked the question before and not got an answer. What exactly is Arteta good at doing? I said good, which is above average/mediocre.

I don't think he is tactically special. I don't think he is good at developing players, hence him having to ship so many players out. I don't think he is a good people manager, I don't think he can set up a team well offensively and ultimately we have been average defensively.

So I ask again, what exactly is Arteta good at??

In my view the only thing he’s good at is parking the bus, if he needs to not concede he can sometimes setup the team to sit there and defend, problem is as we’ve seen against some teams if the opponents score it’s game over.

You can’t play like that over a season and get enough players points that’s the problem and because he’s so poor offensively when we do try and play to win we’ll often get found out, hence the 13 defeats this season.

I don’t rate the guy and see nothing in him that can change my mind, a very limited manager that people who are fans of his have to use strange sequences of stats to deflect from his poor performance, it’s only worth persisting with someone if you genuinely believe they can achieve something, otherwise it’s another year wasted.

We use to hear he could be the next Klopp, then we heard it took Klopp etc a few years.

Now it’s we’ve done well because we came 5th after 2 1/2 years in the lowest quality PL I’ve seen for a long time and that no one expected him to get 4th and that people said 6th would be good before the season (I think most of those that said top 6 said top 6 and a cup and also assumed our rivals would be half decent).

He lowered expectations by getting 8th in the first place and now we should be grateful he’s not quite emulated the guy before him who the club sacked.

If we keep him for another season that’s another 4 years (give or take) wasted, would much rather replace him now and hopefully get someone decent so that next year we’re 1 year closer to where we want to be and not 1 year further away.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby UFGN » Sat May 21, 2022 4:06 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:13Ls two seasons running, its awful

More goals conceded than last year
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Marsbar100 » Sat May 21, 2022 4:08 pm

UFGN wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:13Ls two seasons running, its awful

More goals conceded than last year

Yup its real bad
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100