Arteta Out

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arteta Out

Postby theHotHead » Tue May 17, 2022 6:10 am

Reiss wrote:
Ach wrote:Have we had the being 5th behind Tottenham is a good season post yet?

Conte's the best thing since sliced bread apparently, so what you're saying makes sense...

Yes and he did it with players that were not his in less than a season.

How to Manage Like a Pro 101 .... Arteta missed that course.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Tue May 17, 2022 6:13 am

theHotHead wrote:
Reiss wrote:

Conte's the best thing since sliced bread apparently, so what you're saying makes sense...

That's because he was tied up with the cone stacking course. :arse fan:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby theHotHead » Tue May 17, 2022 6:15 am

Reiss wrote:
elkanofan wrote:I know United and filth fans who were very happy when Arteta signed a new contract because it cements us as a 'has-been' club who at home on our day we are good but our soft center always comes out in the end.

Tonights game shows why we are going absolutley nowhete under this guy. Must win game but dominated and battered by an inferior team with a better plan and as usual a better manager.

I just hope by the time the Amazon Doc comes out he's sacked and we can look back at that as to why he was never, ever good enough to manage our club.

I'm now 90% he will be sacked next year anyway after a bad start. Don't get it twisted, nobody serious is joining us this summer and with Europa distraction i see groundhog day 2017-2021 repeating itself yet again just of the 2019-2021 variety, just entrenced in medicority while other teams move forward.

Posts like this are why I'm confident for next season

If we go back to August 2021 we'd see so many posts like this yet look how the season panned out

Football works in unexpected ways. I'm confident.

You mean qualification for a second rate European competition and being miles away from competing for the top trophies ? The season panned out well in your opinion ? Thats why we left Highbury ? Thats why we sacked Wenger ? Thats why we sacked Emery ?

LOOOOL. If the way the season panned out is something to cheer in your opinion I suggest you go support another club.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Tue May 17, 2022 6:18 am

ag6789 wrote:This fellow Elkopubber was dormant for a long time, especially after Unai was sacked,but has raised his ugly head again when we run into trouble.
Proper mate for Salibatelli Ach, and Co.
Will stink up this joint well and good for next three months.

Dude I have called you out at least a dozen times for making the dumbest posts this season, made you look like a total buffoon. I have had my run-ins with Elko but have not once seen the need to call him "Elkopubber" this season, he has been spot on with his posts.

Wind your neck in, the stupidity of your posts this season have taken you into the next level of "pubber-dom" !!!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Tue May 17, 2022 6:25 am

I feel numb this morning .... almost as if what I saw yesterday was just a dream and it didn't actually happen ...... I still can't believe it
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Tue May 17, 2022 6:47 am

theHotHead wrote:
ag6789 wrote:This fellow Elkopubber was dormant for a long time, especially after Unai was sacked,but has raised his ugly head again when we run into trouble.
Proper mate for Salibatelli Ach, and Co.
Will stink up this joint well and good for next three months.

Dude I have called you out at least a dozen times for making the dumbest posts this season, made you look like a total buffoon. I have had my run-ins with Elko but have not once seen the need to call him "Elkopubber" this season, he has been spot on with his posts.

Wind your neck in, the stupidity of your posts this season have taken you into the next level of "pubber-dom" !!!

Sounds about right. :clap:
Nuggets

Postby theHotHead » Tue May 17, 2022 6:57 am

Reiss wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Reiss wrote:

You've missed the point as usual :doh:

I didn't miss the point, I chose to post what I posted because I wanted to, I fully understand your pathetic and primitive attempt to bait and switch Ach.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Tue May 17, 2022 6:58 am

Reiss wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Reiss wrote:
elkanofan wrote:I know United and filth fans who were very happy when Arteta signed a new contract because it cements us as a 'has-been' club who at home on our day we are good but our soft center always comes out in the end.

Tonights game shows why we are going absolutley nowhete under this guy. Must win game but dominated and battered by an inferior team with a better plan and as usual a better manager.

I just hope by the time the Amazon Doc comes out he's sacked and we can look back at that as to why he was never, ever good enough to manage our club.

I'm now 90% he will be sacked next year anyway after a bad start. Don't get it twisted, nobody serious is joining us this summer and with Europa distraction i see groundhog day 2017-2021 repeating itself yet again just of the 2019-2021 variety, just entrenced in medicority while other teams move forward.

Posts like this are why I'm confident for next season

If we go back to August 2021 we'd see so many posts like this yet look how the season panned out

Football works in unexpected ways. I'm confident.

You mean qualification for a second rate European competition and being miles away from competing for the top trophies ? The season panned out well in your opinion ? Thats why we left Highbury ? Thats why we sacked Wenger ? Thats why we sacked Emery ?

LOOOOL. If the way the season panned out is something to cheer in your opinion I suggest you go support another club.

I mean battling for 4th until the final game of the season when we were completely written off at the beginning of the season. But your little brain can't comprehend that :crybaby:

Who wrote the season off ? You did and some others, I didn't !
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Tue May 17, 2022 7:02 am

I think we are finished for at least a few years.

Regardless of your position on his staying or going, last night and its consequences run too deep, and I don't think there is much space for forgiveness left, at least amongst the majority of fans, and likely with the players as well. You think they also don't notice the skill and experience of other managers?

I don't want to think about the trauma that has unfolded upon our young players here, and what thoughts they were forming about their futures as they returned home last night. We have been blessed with a golden group of youth and we are bottling both our and their development.

For those who are content with what has occurred, I can only imagine that you are young, and thus you might have more years to embed with hope. If not, I must inform you that the world is already burning, and the last thing needed is to stress and ache further over our beloved football club.
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby elkanofan » Tue May 17, 2022 9:29 am

I watched the 2nd half back from yesterdays game.

I wont ramble on with a famous essay and breakdown what went wrong in incramental details as i like to do.

For the 2nd game in a row Martinelli was playing LWB and later on LB off the ball after Tavares was subbed off who incidently wasant too bad yesterday compared to the rest of the shit on the pitch bar a few good saves from Ramsdale, some important blocks from Gabriel and Elneny being the only player keeping some form of discipline.

All i ask to all Arteta in people, do you now understand Xhaka's interview as to the truth on why players didnt follow the managers orders? If you given ridiculous instructions like Martinelli was given yesterday! What scares me the most and why i feel really quite upset now is my deepest fear of our star young players getting fed up and leaving are a very real possiblity we need to consider right now.

The body language of our team at the final whistle and nobody responding to Arteta shows hes lost these players, they dont believe in him and his ridgid tactics which revert to hackney marshes hoofball when we are losing.

I'm now 96% sure Arteta wont make it to 2023 as our manager. That was by far our worst match I have seen under Arteta.

The emperor or should I say mysteron is naked.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Tue May 17, 2022 9:33 am

Good shout. It was clear from Xhaka's interview that the players didn't follow Arteta's instructions, these players people have been at pains to tell us love Arteta and have bought in to the process, the players we have been told have a togetherness we have not seen for years.

If Arteta is true to form he will sell them all for a pittance or give them away for free now :lol:
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Tue May 17, 2022 9:39 am

A sign of real desperation was when he brought on Pepe a player he hasn’t trusted all season (and since he arrived) and someone who knows he’s moving on to save his season.

I doubt the guy felt any motivation after the way he’s been treated whilst watching others get chance after chance.

Yesterdays subs were the equivalent of hit and hope.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Tue May 17, 2022 9:43 am

elkanofan wrote:I watched the 2nd half back from yesterdays game.

I wont ramble on with a famous essay and breakdown what went wrong in incramental details as i like to do.

For the 2nd game in a row Martinelli was playing LWB and later on LB off the ball after Tavares was subbed off who incidently wasant too bad yesterday compared to the rest of the shit on the pitch bar a few good saves from Ramsdale, some important blocks from Gabriel and Elneny being the only player keeping some form of discipline.

All i ask to all Arteta in people, do you now understand Xhaka's interview as to the truth on why players didnt follow the managers orders? If you given ridiculous instructions like Martinelli was given yesterday! What scares me the most and why i feel really quite upset now is my deepest fear of our star young players getting fed up and leaving are a very real possiblity we need to consider right now.

The body language of our team at the final whistle and nobody responding to Arteta shows hes lost these players, they dont believe in him and his ridgid tactics which revert to hackney marshes hoofball when we are losing.

I'm now 96% sure Arteta wont make it to 2023 as our manager. That was by far our worst match I have seen under Arteta.

The emperor or should I say mysteron is naked.

We hear this kind of thing every time we lose a game. A macro analysis painting a doomsday picture of the future of the club.
It’s not logical.
The issue yesterday was clear to me. Young players could not handle the level of pressure of a premier league run in. For many it was the first time under anything like that intense pressure.
Coupled with that was the fact the Newcastle played extremely well. It was a bloody tough game that was always going to be difficult to win.
Sometimes/mostly when you lose games there does not have to be a major underlying issue.
The club embarked on a strategy 12 months ago that is not close to be realised yet. Our squad is wafer thin. We don’t have the ability to deal with the injuries.
Yes, we can disagree with the approach to shedding so many of the old guard at once that left us short, but we took a conscious decision to rip the plaster off.

Our squad is young and packed full of talent. We will add to it. We’re not the finished article and this year we did remarkably well to be in a top 4 race given where we are.

I would calm down a bit and see where this all takes us. We will certainly have a clearer picture at the end of next season after we’ve added further to the squad and seen what they current young players can do with another years experience.

We have a lot of fans spoiled by 20yrs of top 4. We have no god given right to be there. In our history top 4 is not the norm and top 5 is actually one of our better seasons. This club is trying to build a new era of success and after 1 year from the start, I think we’re ahead of schedule.

My one big criticism of the club and Arteta is that it took them so long to rip that plaster off.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Tue May 17, 2022 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Power n Glory » Tue May 17, 2022 9:43 am

The subs not wanting to follow instructions, low motivation, etc is one thing...Arteta playing Martinelli at LB....that's all pretty late in the game. The first 45 minutes was a shambles and Saka also mentioned us not being able to play it out from the back. I suspect Xhaka was also having a pop at Ramsdale for going long instead of playing it short and some players not showing for the ball when we tried to play from deep. That's the only other thing I can think when Xhaka said they didn't follow instructions.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Tue May 17, 2022 9:50 am

Power n Glory wrote:The subs not wanting to follow instructions, low motivation, etc is one thing...Arteta playing Martinelli at LB....that's all pretty late in the game. The first 45 minutes was a shambles and Saka also mentioned us not being able to play it out from the back. I suspect Xhaka was also having a pop at Ramsdale for going long instead of playing it short and some players not showing for the ball when we tried to play from deep. That's the only other thing I can think when Xhaka said they didn't follow instructions.

This is why it is always down to players once they cross the white line. Execution is key.
It’s very easy to sit watching TV and expect the players to be robots following a system, but in reality when a player is overwhelmed by the atmosphere and occasion, that split second to think is muddled. They don’t make the right decisions.
There is nothing that can be done about that other than being more and more accustomed to that environment… i.e experience.

Yesterday has nothing to do with players not wanting to follow instructions. It was that they were unable to execute this instructions under the pressure of the night.

It’s like standing on the first tee in golf with a crowd for the first time. All the practice on the range will not stop your legs and arms from feeling like jelly at that moment on the first tee.
Do it many times and it becomes run of the mill.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Tue May 17, 2022 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk