Arteta Out

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arteta Out

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:34 pm

Spurs have already signed Perisic.

........ it begins.

Lets hope we're not waiting till late August for our signings and miss out on every opportunity.

So far I'm not seeing much as being close to over the line.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:55 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Spurs have already signed Perisic.

........ it begins.

Lets hope we're not waiting till late August for our signings and miss out on every opportunity.

So far I'm not seeing much as being close to over the line.

We will stretch out the G Jesus saga all summer. The slow drip of selective PR about his incredible talents will accumulate and amplify over social media. When the deal is finally done, you'll see Twitter pundits claiming Jesus will score 20 league goals and power us into a title challenge.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Santi » Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:04 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:At some point, we have to ease up on the mistakes Wenger made and what he didn't do. What he managed to achieve maybe as good as it gets for a very long time. No point in continuing to dump on our most successful period. I hold the same view for former legends that sometimes say stuff that's out of line.

True, these days the only thing I hold against Wenger is the 15/16 season. Everything else is understandable given the circumstances.

Yep, me too. He f***ked up in other places and other seasons for sure but most teams and managers do, we just had such high expectations based on what he’d done before.

15/16 was criminal given even a signing in Jan would’ve resolved the lack of summer movement and probably pushed us to our first title in 12 years. I’d be much happier now if we’d taken that freak season and at least bridged the humongous gap since our last title.

The dude literally replaced Szczesny with old Cech and thought that was enough… fml.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:24 pm

We all know what we need. First choice CF, first choice CM maybe a winger who can rotate up front. Then at least one full back and Saliba or equivalent CB.

For years we'd all be wanting a DM and Wenger would ignore us. Or needed a striker and Wenger would sign a wing forward 'who can also play through the middle'.

I'm hopeful that Arteta knows what we need and will go all out to get it. The early signs (linked to Hickey, Zinchenko, Tielemans and shit loads of strikers) are that he knows exactly what we need and has started putting the feelers out. Fingers crossed!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:41 pm

Arsenal Tone wrote:We all know what we need. First choice CF, first choice CM maybe a winger who can rotate up front. Then at least one full back and Saliba or equivalent CB.

For years we'd all be wanting a DM and Wenger would ignore us. Or needed a striker and Wenger would sign a wing forward 'who can also play through the middle'.

I'm hopeful that Arteta knows what we need and will go all out to get it. The early signs (linked to Hickey, Zinchenko, Tielemans and shit loads of strikers) are that he knows exactly what we need and has started putting the feelers out. Fingers crossed!

Let's bloody crack on with it though. I don't want deadline day dramas
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:52 pm

UFGN wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:We all know what we need. First choice CF, first choice CM maybe a winger who can rotate up front. Then at least one full back and Saliba or equivalent CB.

Let's bloody crack on with it though. I don't want deadline day dramas
Or a repeat of the start to last season!
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:52 pm

Should have been working on a striker in january, we should have one over the line already if this happens late it shows how bad we are, we were not prepared last seasons start and that cost us
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:47 pm

Yeah seen this way too many times before.

I have no faith at all, I'm expecting nothing but a last minute trolley dash for our most important signings.

We'll sign people before that but it will be either a teenager or some low level signing.

Rinse and repeat ......... I mean, I'm here and willing to be proved wrong.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:52 pm

They must have a plan for signing a striker, they've had since January to sort it and don't have to wait to offload first cos Auba has already gone.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:57 pm

Why are we linked with Gnabry? Wing forward is hardly a priority
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Hypergooner » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:37 pm

It is the holiday and international season. I doubt there will be any confirmed movement till the window officially opens on 10th June
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Hypergooner » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:37 pm

It is the holiday and international season. I doubt there will be any confirmed movement till the window officially opens on 10th June
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Ach » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:45 pm

Hypergooner wrote:It is the holiday and international season. I doubt there will be any confirmed movement till the window officially opens on 10th June

That excuse has been used every summer for years

Someone forgot to tell the teams that have already bought players that it's all unofficial apparently
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby ag6789 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:28 pm

I guess you can hire players already out of contract even when the window hasn't opened.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:31 pm

Villa have literally bought 2 players
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk