Arteta Out

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arteta Out

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:30 pm

I'm actually going to watch the 2nd half of Spurs vs Chelsea that's how important that game is now.

Please Chelsea do us a favor.

We're fkin 7th now.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerred » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:03 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:My stream cut out just at 93mins so I missd the fan reaction, I'm assuming there were boos?

I wasn't impressed with the team at all today, why were they so unmotivated in the first half?

Its unbelievable, you can't risk just trying to win a game in 45mins.

Our attacking play is so bad I can't actually process it, Laca was clear through on the last man in one instance and Odegaard didn't play the through ball even though he was staring right at him, waited and went sideways instead.

I can see why so many teams have just abandoned the No10 role tbh.

I heard some boos then my stream switched to another match so I don't know how much.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Jedi » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:04 pm

Top 6 team showing top.6 consistency.

Time to lose our minds.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:06 pm

Jedi wrote:Top 6 team showing top.6 consistency.

Time to lose our minds.

Top 8 you mean.

When have we finished above 8th?

Also top 8 team fails to beat 2nd lowest team in the league to add.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:08 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Time to lose our minds.

Top 8 you mean.

Not second lowest.

It's a horror result
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:10 pm

Ach wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Time to lose our minds.

Top 8 you mean.

Not second lowest.

It's a horror result

............ yep lowest now.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:11 pm

Time to lose our minds.

It's just the downer of a loss.
With the spuds result it's actually turning out ok at this time.
Top 6 and right in the the thick of the top 4 race.
I was watching AFTV earlier and the meltdown was epic 'season over' comments all over the place. :rofll:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:16 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

Time to lose our minds.

It's just the downer of a loss.
With the spuds result it's actually turning out ok at this time.
Top 6 and right in the the thick of the top 4 race.
I was watching AFTV earlier and the meltdown was epic 'season over' comments all over the place. :rofll:

If Arteta doesn't fix our offence immediately the season will be over, you'll be seeing it every game.

Utd will start pulling away.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:22 pm

Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta, speaking to Match of the Day: "We started slow, we looked leggy and didn't have enough rhythm or intention to attack the way we wanted. We started to play better, more rhythm and threat and came out in the second half completely different.

"We tried in every different way but lacked the quality in the final third. At the end, when we have a really low block, you need spark and creativity to win football matches and today we didn't do that.

"It is what they do, they want to play a slow game, it takes long, it is their game and you have to respect that.

"We need to start scoring goals and get back the players, the last four weeks it has been extremely difficult to put training sessions and squads together because of the amount of Covid and injuries."

On Arsenal's January transfer plans: "In this market things are complicated."

The crap this c*** comes out with
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:24 pm

Ach wrote:
Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta, speaking to Match of the Day: "We started slow, we looked leggy and didn't have enough rhythm or intention to attack the way we wanted. We started to play better, more rhythm and threat and came out in the second half completely different.

"We tried in every different way but lacked the quality in the final third. At the end, when we have a really low block, you need spark and creativity to win football matches and today we didn't do that.

"It is what they do, they want to play a slow game, it takes long, it is their game and you have to respect that.

"We need to start scoring goals and get back the players, the last four weeks it has been extremely difficult to put training sessions and squads together because of the amount of Covid and injuries."

On Arsenal's January transfer plans: "In this market things are complicated."

The crap this c*** comes out with

What Arteta said was accurate.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby PairyGrows » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:30 pm

I'm not surprised that we are looking offer Arteta a two-year extension. It doesn't matter that he hasn't made all that much progress to merit the extension because he doesn't have to. There are no standards at the club, and now that we've latched onto the project Arteta is leading, of course we're going to continue with it even though we have little to show for it after two years.

Arteta will likely get his extension, and we will likely continue to finish outside the top four while occasionally going on a cup run. That's what we're rewarding, so that's what we're going to get.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Ach » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:33 pm

PairyGrows wrote:I'm not surprised that we are looking offer Arteta a two-year extension. It doesn't matter that he hasn't made all that much progress to merit the extension because he doesn't have to. There are no standards at the club, and now that we've latched onto the project Arteta is leading, of course we're going to continue with it even though we have little to show for it after two years.

Arteta will likely get his extension, and we will likely continue to finish outside the top four while occasionally going on a cup run. That's what we're rewarding, so that's what we're going to get.

So true. The board, the manager and some "fans" on here have accepted mediocrity. Match goers clearly haven't if you heard the boos at half time and full time but alas what fans want mean little.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Goonerred » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:33 pm

PairyGrows wrote:I'm not surprised that we are looking offer Arteta a two-year extension. It doesn't matter that he hasn't made all that much progress to merit the extension because he doesn't have to. There are no standards at the club, and now that we've latched onto the project Arteta is leading, of course we're going to continue with it even though we have little to show for it after two years.

I mentioned before that finishing mid-table is financially better, so Kranky will be happy with that. (I read that on another forum with the stats t go with it).
Goonerred

Postby Jedi » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:34 pm

By the way, xG for the game:

Arsenal 1.36 - 0.39 Burnley

Created enough and deserved to win the game.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:34 pm

We end the weekend going up a place in the league
Spuds always find a way to help us. :lol:
:arsenal3:
Last edited by jayramfootball on Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk