Arteta Out

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arteta Out

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:22 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
ag6789 wrote:SAF started winning after 5 yrs on the job. Mou a has been, bouncing around, so is Carlo, Conte doesn't stick around inspite of coaching top players and well backed in the market. Pep needs superstars..so that leaves Klopp who also needed at least 2-3years to achieve anything. So great managers don't fall from the sky, they also have to earn it and jostle through the mud before anything good.
In that regard, we already had the best of the best when we won in '97.

True, but do you think Arteta earned his spot here when appointed? Also, how long will he have to jostle through the mud before things get good?

I'm willing to give him one more season to see. Well, I have no choice really but considering the circumstances he has to show something substantial for me to believe he's a good manager or the right fit for us right now. Boils down to the performances on the pitch for me to change my views.

For me I just don’t trust his decisions, there’s too many players he trusts that aren’t good enough and too many talented players he won’t give a chance to, which for me affects our future.

We’ve got some very talented young players we could build a side with, instead we stand to lose them because of Arteta, I personally don’t think he’s worth the risk, I don’t believe he’ll turn it around and if he doesn’t we could already have lost those talents by the time this club actually makes a change because everything at Arsenal moves at a snails pace.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:41 pm

Football simply is not the same as it was when the likes of Ferguson were starting out. In those days managers did have more control. Players were not rich enough to live their entire lives off just one contract. Free agency was not around.

The motivational aspect of coaching could to a large extent be supplemented with discipline that actually worked.

These days players can do what they want. They can listen if they want or choose not to. They can thumb their nose at the manger and still be rich or get a contract elsewhere. Players have all the control. It is why the blame lies with them if they don't put in 100%. There are no magical powers any manager can invoke. It's down to the individual players and their attitudes.

Take Auba as an example. Arteta tried to discipline him. He probably laughed at him whilst he was picking up his 300k a week and driving around in his latest lambo. Simply didn't work with him. He carried on putting little effort in. Who's to blame in that situation. Certainly not Arteta. The player is. It's always the players first and foremost.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:19 pm

Every other manager managed to get goals out of Aubameyang, we don’t fail to score at home for years, suddenly Arteta comes in goals dry up due to the negative football and our top scorer stops scoring and we fail to score at home numerous times.

He wasn’t the only one to struggle with goals the whole team did, we struggled to create chances or get shots away.

Do you see a pattern?
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:27 pm

Özim wrote:Every other manager managed to get goals out of Aubameyang, we don’t fail to score at home for years, suddenly Arteta comes in goals dry up due to the negative football and our top scorer stops scoring and we fail to score at home numerous times.

He wasn’t the only one to struggle with goals the whole team did, we struggled to create chances or get shots away.

Do you see a pattern?

Auba was fine last year under Arteta.
Got his new contract. That was it.
Auba will put the effort in if he wants to. No manager is going to be able to change him. He'll do what he wants to do.
Can't really blame him to be honest. He's got so much money that he does not need the approval from anyone.
That's the life of many footballers.
The idea that any manager can motivate players these days is not realistic. The players either want to put in 100% or they don't.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Gordon Bennit » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:15 am

I don't know the ins and outs and have read and listened to the arguments about whether or not he/Arsenal sold the best keeper, but watching Martinez get the Best Keeper award (and the Copa America) as their number 1 while Leno didn't play and watched Germany dispatched (always lovely) doesn't help Arteta's cause right now.
Good old Arsenal, we're proud to say that name
Gordon Bennit
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:27 am

Gordon Bennit wrote:I don't know the ins and outs and have read and listened to the arguments about whether or not he/Arsenal sold the best keeper, but watching Martinez get the Best Keeper award (and the Copa America) as their number 1 while Leno didn't play and watched Germany dispatched (always lovely) doesn't help Arteta's cause right now.

Probably the biggest mistake he has made.
Shockingly bad really. It was fairly obvious we had a world-class keeper on our hands that had somehow gone under the radar for years.
Another brilliant save from Emi tonight in the last 10 minutes to keep Argentina 1-0 up and go on to win it.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Nuggets » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:44 am

Gordon Bennit wrote:I don't know the ins and outs and have read and listened to the arguments about whether or not he/Arsenal sold the best keeper, but watching Martinez get the Best Keeper award (and the Copa America) as their number 1 while Leno didn't play and watched Germany dispatched (always lovely) doesn't help Arteta's cause right now.

The clown should have been sacked for that stupid mistake alone.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:08 am

Özim wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
ag6789 wrote:SAF started winning after 5 yrs on the job. Mou a has been, bouncing around, so is Carlo, Conte doesn't stick around inspite of coaching top players and well backed in the market. Pep needs superstars..so that leaves Klopp who also needed at least 2-3years to achieve anything. So great managers don't fall from the sky, they also have to earn it and jostle through the mud before anything good.
In that regard, we already had the best of the best when we won in '97.

True, but do you think Arteta earned his spot here when appointed? Also, how long will he have to jostle through the mud before things get good?

I'm willing to give him one more season to see. Well, I have no choice really but considering the circumstances he has to show something substantial for me to believe he's a good manager or the right fit for us right now. Boils down to the performances on the pitch for me to change my views.

For me I just don’t trust his decisions, there’s too many players he trusts that aren’t good enough and too many talented players he won’t give a chance to, which for me affects our future.

We’ve got some very talented young players we could build a side with, instead we stand to lose them because of Arteta, I personally don’t think he’s worth the risk, I don’t believe he’ll turn it around and if he doesn’t we could already have lost those talents by the time this club actually makes a change because everything at Arsenal moves at a snails pace.

Not much faith in him either but we'll see what happens.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby alexafc12 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:27 am

Letting Emi go when Leno had been suspect for the last 2 years was dreadful.

Emi hadn't put a foot wrong since he came into the team. Arteta should have promised him he'd start the season as #1.

The rationale that we couldn't have 2 top class keepers was bollocks and still is. Competition is healthy. If Leno wasn't happy then that says a lot about his character and belief in his own ability.

It's worrying when most can see something is the wrong decision yet the club seemingly can't.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby alexafc12 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:29 am

Arteta can't afford any more transfer blunders.

No more alienating players, no more turning down good bids for players and then never playing them, no more overpaying for has-beens.

Huge season for Don Mikel.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:05 am

alexafc12 wrote:Letting Emi go when Leno had been suspect for the last 2 years was dreadful.

Emi hadn't put a foot wrong since he came into the team. Arteta should have promised him he'd start the season as #1.

The rationale that we couldn't have 2 top class keepers was bollocks and still is. Competition is healthy. If Leno wasn't happy then that says a lot about his character and belief in his own ability.

It's worrying when most can see something is the wrong decision yet the club seemingly can't.

Yes it is and its been that way for ages because these guys running the club are UNQUALIFIED.

How many clubs had Arteta managed before us? was Edu a big fish in the recruitment world? how many clubs has Vinai run before? I thought he was an Accountant?

An absolute shambles, a bunch of unqualified newbies chasing each others tails around getting by on using our name as a football club but people are starting to suss us out.

When did Aston Villa ever get the balls to mug us off before? they wouldn't of dared, now they're treating us like we're West Brom and its because they can get away with it.

The rest of the league are smelling our weakness and its embarrassing that we can't do anything about it because this whole club is suspect right now.

The way its going for the first time I think I'd rather of kept Wenger.

Wenger knew how to win, he just stopped being competitive, there is a difference, Arteta and co don't even know how to win, that's dangerous for a club like us.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:25 am

alexafc12 wrote:Arteta can't afford any more transfer blunders.

No more alienating players, no more turning down good bids for players and then never playing them, no more overpaying for has-beens.

Huge season for Don Mikel.

Pretty much.
Probably determines his standing as a coach for the rest of his career.
That's the problem for managers who get thrown straight into high profile jobs with no experience. There are no early failures that get overlooked and seen as part of the managerial development process.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby alexafc12 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:01 am

I agree on the point re. Inexperience of management team tbh.

I like Mikel but would it not have made sense to surround him with experience initially.

Neither Edu nor Vinai have any real experience of managing or running a club from a football perspective.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:42 pm

Johnf wrote:So who, after the England v Scotland game gave England a chance in hell of getting to the Final and with a decent chance of winning it?
Ever since then there has been good, steady progress and if beating Germany 2-0, Ukraine 4-0 and Denmark 2-1 is not progress I would like to know what is.
I feel Arsenal are on the same upward progress and am prepared to give Arteta time to prove himself.
If England lose to Italy will the Arteta Out crowd want Southgate sacked? Very likely because their thinking is flawed.

Southgate shouldn't be sacked because he is the first manager since I can remember who doesn't pick players based on reputation and he actually tries to utilise the strengths of English players as opposed to a) curbing their game to make it like continental football and b) taking advantage of the fact English football is fast and frantic, other teams are not used to playing that way.

This is not a great England team at all, we have had much better teams that walked away with nothing, so if Southgate loses he can walk with his head held high, the nation will be proud.

Arteta on the other hand can f**k off!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:44 pm

PairyGrows wrote:Where's the evidence that we're on an upward trajectory? I don't see any such evidence.

Im over at CERN trying to find it, still no sign of it.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk