Arteta Out

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arteta Out

Postby themessiah » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:30 pm

Everton away, a team who’s struggling.. can’t buy a win to be fare..Arteta former team.. I think I know what will happen tbf.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:31 pm

themessiah wrote:Everton away, a team who’s struggling.. can’t buy a win to be fare..Arteta former team.. I think I know what will happen tbf.

Another test.
Need to bounce back again.
Our away record is hurting us.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby firfi » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:31 pm

Ach wrote:The we need a goal but let's pass sideways will never be understandable

Bringing Eddie on lol

Taking ESR off lol

Half fit saka on lol

We pass sideways ,because arteta cannot coach football.In order for us to make attack we need players to move constantly when we're in attack to give multiple options for ppl to pass the ball ,but instead our players stay static and its not possible to get past 2-3 players by urself it takes insane quality to do so and very few ppl in the world have that skillset if any right now.
firfi
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Ach » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:50 pm

5 v city
4 v Liverpool
3 v utd
2 v Chelsea but it's the easiest game they've had all season
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:57 pm

firfi wrote:
Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
firfi wrote:All i'm gonna say is Partey had a shocker vs Newcastle and he keeps him and he was shocking AGAIN.Lakonga had a good game and is getting benched.Aubameyang is having shocker of a season he can't finish anything ,but hes getting played vs Man United over Laca who works hard at least and provides us with good pressure.

We score goal at min 14-15 and we go back to defending with 11 players that has to stop.We could have murdered them 2-3:0 in the first 30-40min if we attack them nonstop , but no no we keep doing the same shit over and over score a goal and go defend GOODLUCK GIVING confidence back to a squad with good players and expect to not receive a goal.

Partey gets paid £10m/yr so he starts regardless of form.

Willian made 30 PL appearances for the same reason.

If ur a manager that knows whats going on that doesn't matter.Pepe is 72M and is nowhere near the team.Ozil was the highest paid player and he froze him out so hard.
It's just he picks all the wrong players for the wrong reasons]

The difference is that Partey and Willian were handpicked by Arteta. Ozil and Pepe were not.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Jedi » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:07 pm

United were favorites for this so all around the result is disappointing but expected.

We're still in a position to fight for top 4 but realistically I think It's a step too far for this squad. Top 6 is where we're at.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:10 pm

Jedi wrote:United were favorites for this so all around the result is disappointing but expected.

We're still in a position to fight for top 4 but realistically I think It's a step too far for this squad. Top 6 is where we're at.

Review after Christmas.
18 points to play for over the next 3 and a half weeks

But my expectation is the same.
Top 6 minimum
Top 4 is great season.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Mike Dean » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:27 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Top 6 minimum
Top 4 is great season.

If that's the Arsenal expectation then should have stayed with Wenger.
Last edited by Mike Dean on Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:27 pm

If Arteta is to be successful he is going to have to learn to be ruthless very few managers succeed otherwise, in accordance the team needs to become cut throat and i am just not seeing it yet.
I are not going to throw him under the bus BUT the extremely soft underbelly is still there and that puts this lot on a knife edge could yet turn to a train wreck lets hope not
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Santi » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:28 pm

I think at the moment it’s a fair expectation though given where our squad is.

Still need 2 new CM’s and a striker.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby firfi » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:39 pm

The expectation should be top4 easily.
Our squad is not amazing , but he's had 2 years with it and everyone around us on the table is failing hard left right and center and we're not taking advantage of it.
firfi
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:42 pm

firfi wrote:The expectation should be top4 easily.
Our squad is not amazing , but he's had 2 years with it and everyone around us on the table is failing hard left right and center and we're not taking advantage of it.

Don’t be silly.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:43 pm

Jedi wrote:United were favorites for this so all around the result is disappointing but expected.

Doesn't matter who the favourities were.

Utd had no manager and are behind us in the table, yet they approached the game like we were Southampton.

Every time we fkin scored we backed off like we'd won the game, disgusting, because this is not the first or second time we've done this, we do it every fkin game, score and then protect the lead even when the game is calling for us to be aggressive and dominate.

That is down to the manager.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:04 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

Doesn't matter who the favourities were.

Utd had no manager and are behind us in the table, yet they approached the game like we were Southampton.

Every time we fkin scored we backed off like we'd won the game, disgusting, because this is not the first or second time we've done this, we do it every fkin game, score and then protect the lead even when the game is calling for us to be aggressive and dominate.

That is down to the manager.

So Auba being a clown up front - screwing up every opening he had and Partey being a muppet in midfield giving the ball away so often was not their fault.

We had plenty to win the game - or at least get a point - but we had some players who just did not do their jobs and one - Odegaard - who made a crazy decision.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Jedi » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:08 am

Mike Dean wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Top 6 minimum
Top 4 is great season.

If that's the Arsenal expectation then should have stayed with Wenger.

That's an incredibly reductive statement. You have to contextualize your expectations.

Top 6 in Wenger's last season is not the same as top 6 now. Wenger led the club for 20 years and was old and in decline - he got his own squad that finished 2nd to finish 5th and then 6th in the following seasons. Arteta took over a team that was heading towards a relegation battle and then had to go through a complete overhaul and restructuring of the club from top to bottom during a pandemic.

Is top 6 good enough? Of course not, but It's an improvement on last season and the players and the staff believe they're building something better. As long as that's the case it would be insane to sack him, especially considering there isn't a clear replacement that would guarantee success like Guardiola or Klopp. This isn't FIFA Career mode, and sacking Arteta now would be like pulling the rug from under the player's feet and you would just plunge the club into another crisis of identity.

Of course, all of this could quickly change if he lost the dressing room or dropped out of top 6.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk