Arteta Out

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arteta Out

Postby Jack The Ripper » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:38 pm

Absolutely disgusting performance, we were awful and Arteta is to blame for a lot of it. Everton were the whipping boys for everyone, every team was beating them.. then we come along and are just a gift.. and lets be real we are very lucky to lose 2-1 ... it could have been much more. Just disgusting stuff out there
Last edited by Jack The Ripper on Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack The Ripper
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:38 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
Reiss wrote:
Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
Reiss wrote:
themessiah wrote:What is the point of persisting with him ffs? He isn’t gonna get us top 4 this season.

If he can’t get us top 4 in a season where we’ve spent 150 million and play once a week then he never will. Good riddance

My worry is that he won't get sacked because he simply can't be worse than last season.

We finished 8th. Anything above that is technically an 'improvement'.

We'll probably get Europa this year. The owners will deem that an improvement as it's European football.

In reality it's not good enough and continues our mediocrity under Arteta.

The inevitable sacking is at least 12-18 months away IMO, if at all by this clueless board.

Can't be worse than last season? We're 7th FFS, GD in the red, barely above Wolves, and this is after spending £150m.

Have you forgotten that awful 2 month spell?

Last season he finished 8th, with Europe.

7th now without Europe, and an additional £150m to play Championship Manager with.

He would get relegated if he had to work with the budget Rafa had.

^
What a dumbass comment.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:58 pm

Jay waiting till Christmas to find out whether Arteta’s been naughty or nice :rofll:
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:01 pm

Will probably ignore 3 defeats in 4 as he does the opening games and pre Xmas last season

Selective games are the way to go
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Jack The Ripper » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:10 pm

We're going nowhere with this guy as the manager.

We will regret not getting Conte, he is demonic and so intense and demanding, he is the kind of guy that will get Sp**s over the line into 4th, I just know how he is.. he will be hugely demanding in Jan window too.. Sp**s are not the problem, Conte is the problem.. we will suffer badly by missing out on yet another world class proven winning manager
Jack The Ripper
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby swipe right » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:18 pm

Guardiola
Klopp
Tuchel
Ragnik
Conte
Benitez
Arteta

Spot the odd man out.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ag6789 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:18 pm

No matter how hopeful I want to be, it is becoming clear that overall the team isn't ready for top 6 challenge. The senior players are woefully out of form or have their mind set elsewhere, or clearly inept.
The younger bunch are hit and miss as expected. ....and eventually it comes down to Arteta for he needs to get the best out of his senior players.
At this rate we will end up between 6th-10 the again. Arteta needs to find solutions quickly otherwise things could get ugly fast.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:32 pm

Been pointing the issues out for a while now and getting nothing but excuses or arguments back.

From now on if certain people just don't understand the game or don't want to because they have an agenda to protect then I'm not going to bother, its like talking to a brick wall.

Some were accused of hating AFC winning just because they pointed out that even in the games we won (scraped) against lower opposition the performances were not there.

"Don't care about performance" we were told, well I said it then and I'll say it now, performance and form on the pitch directly correlates to how well the team will do over the season and even though we'd beat the lowley likes of Newcastle I said against anyone with a pulse, we'll come undone.

......... now look, 4 games, 3 defeats.

Fkin shambles and Arteta changed a winning system, as un-perfect as it was, who the fk changes something that was working?

He's always looking for any excuse to revert to 4-2-3-1 which he doesn't even have the CF for, what a t***er.

Man has to go, we're wasting fkin time.

When people wanted Wenger gone, they didn't ask for a guy who's never managed before ffs.

Arsenal are embarrassing themselves and we're right back in 7th.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:36 pm

VCC wrote:As soon as he started saying he wanted AW back i knew he was in LaLa land
Some of the sideways crap we're playing atm I'm wondering if he's already back.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:37 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:Big surprise, CF performance is listless even with Auba on the bench. It's an issue with the whole system of play.

Yup, the fault lies with the system, it has to be the system, what else can be the reason why we are so toothless from midfield up?!!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:41 pm

Arsenal Tone wrote:
VCC wrote:As soon as he started saying he wanted AW back i knew he was in LaLa land
Some of the sideways crap we're playing atm I'm wondering if he's already back.

Yep.

The way we play is like a defensive, non-creative version of Wenger ball toward the end when we had Giroud.

Nothing but sideways passing then the eventual cross into the box for Giroud to get his one goal.

But that's what you get when you have a guy who's never managed before, he copies other peoples work ......... and he doesn't even have Giroud or a CF for those crosses.

I mean how stupid can you get, Odegaard is our most inform scorer right now, sad times.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:43 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:Big surprise, CF performance is listless even with Auba on the bench. It's an issue with the whole system of play.

What a great set of stats, almost as if we all knew Laca drops deeps when playing as a #9.

Oh I forgot I also expect him to win every header at 5 ft 7 :lol:

Auba being shit doesn't get saved by Laca having an off game, he was also getting into the game at last when Mikel subbed him.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:44 pm

I like laca but dear God he was so bad tonight

I agree with the system being the problem.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Mike Dean » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:49 am

Cant believe he is still here.

This club is in a sad state.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:12 am

This is us without being in Europe. This is us with one game a week.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk