Arteta Out

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arteta Out

Postby Nuggets » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:24 am

jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
As has been said many many times, these “good runs” have zero impact or relevance to the following seasons, there’s countless examples of this, a new season starts and the previous seasons form goes out of the window.

I am not saying our form over the 5 months will continue into next season.
I am saying it gives me some hope and a reason to be positive going into next season.

Just don't see the point of all the negativity. Serves no purpose unless it gets Arteta sacked, which I guess is possible, but unlikely.

You don’t see the point of the negativity? Eighth place, out of Europe for the first time in 25 years, no style of play or clear formation, alienation of players, poor judgment on recruitment. Does that help you?

No, doesn't help me at all. Does it help you?

Won’t help anyone living in denial.

Not sure what denial you are talking about.

Perhaps he means people are still clinging to the idea that the clown will come good.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:10 am

Nuggets wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
As has been said many many times, these “good runs” have zero impact or relevance to the following seasons, there’s countless examples of this, a new season starts and the previous seasons form goes out of the window.

I am saying it gives me some hope and a reason to be positive going into next season.

Just don't see the point of all the negativity. Serves no purpose unless it gets Arteta sacked, which I guess is possible, but unlikely.

You don’t see the point of the negativity? Eighth place, out of Europe for the first time in 25 years, no style of play or clear formation, alienation of players, poor judgment on recruitment. Does that help you?

Perhaps he means people are still clinging to the idea that the clown will come good.

I see, so denying the predicted future of the 'doomers and gloomers'.
Unless you can predict the future with 100% accuracy, there's nothing in the doom and gloom to deny - only to reject.

What is undeniable is that our form has improved in 2021 and I'd rather keep hope that continues.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:19 am

[code][/code]
jayramfootball wrote:
Ach wrote:
swipe right wrote:Let’s not forget Chelsea were ninth when the English Arteta was in charge. Ended up finishing top four and winning the CL once they brought in a real manager. Now that’s a run of form. Not going from eleventh to eighth.

But but Tuchel only got 4 more points than Arteta in the same period which shows he's shit and Arteta is God.

CL, lol who needs it

That's right - 4pts - and no one said Tuchel is sh*t or that Arteta is a God.
We have had people banging on about Tuchel as if he were a footballing God, though, and Arteta as being sh*t - with a 4 pt difference.
Fine margins these days, huh.
:dontknow:

Tuchel won the CL and also got top 4 and only just came in, Arteta has been here for 18 months and still we’re no better and only got 8th place like last season.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:20 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:

Unless you can predict the future with 100% accuracy, there's nothing in the doom and gloom to deny - only to reject.

What is undeniable is that our form has improved in 2021 and I'd rather keep hope that continues.

What’s also undeniable is that Arteta has been rubbish, 18 months in and we’re still 8th.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:30 am

Özim wrote:[code][/code]
jayramfootball wrote:
Ach wrote:
swipe right wrote:Let’s not forget Chelsea were ninth when the English Arteta was in charge. Ended up finishing top four and winning the CL once they brought in a real manager. Now that’s a run of form. Not going from eleventh to eighth.

But but Tuchel only got 4 more points than Arteta in the same period which shows he's shit and Arteta is God.

CL, lol who needs it

We have had people banging on about Tuchel as if he were a footballing God, though, and Arteta as being sh*t - with a 4 pt difference.

Tuchel won the CL and also got top 4 and only just came in, Arteta has been here for 18 months and still we’re no better and only got 8th place like last season.

Tuchel has more experience and took over a team in a far better place than we were when Arteta took over.
Over the period Tuchel has been in the PL, though, he is only slightly better than Arteta in terms of PL performance.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:45 am

Being in the CL from midtable as they were when Tuchel took over is only slightly better than midtable to midtable in the same period for Arteta?

Don't forget we won last 4 games when it didn't matter after being humiliated in Europe whereas Chelsea league form dropped off as they concentrated on the finals

But let's not details scupper another Arteta love in
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:42 am

Ach wrote:Being in the CL from midtable as they were when Tuchel took over is only slightly better than midtable to midtable in the same period for Arteta?

Don't forget we won last 4 games when it didn't matter after being humiliated in Europe whereas Chelsea league form dropped off as they concentrated on the finals

The finishing position is a result of the points won.
Tuchel won 4 more points than Arteta over the period he managed. That's it.

Chelsea were still all out for top 4, which was not guaranteed until the end of the season.
If they had lost the CL final and finished 5th, they would have missed out on CL football. No way they had all their eggs in one basket.
As for focus, you can say the same about us, focusing on the EL instead of the league - probably moreso for us as the top 4 was a very long shot at best in the last 1/4 of the season.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Santi » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:02 pm

I ask again, what's the point in this redundant thread? The entire 600 pages of Mikel Arteta topic have been Arteta out...
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:15 pm

Santi wrote:I ask again, what's the point in this redundant thread? The entire 600 pages of Mikel Arteta topic have been Arteta out...

Did you say the same when the Emery out thread was made in the midst of a 20+ game unbeaten run?

Considering we are worse now than we ever were under Emery
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:06 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:[code][/code]
jayramfootball wrote:
Ach wrote:

CL, lol who needs it

Tuchel has more experience and took over a team in a far better place than we were when Arteta took over.
Over the period Tuchel has been in the PL, though, he is only slightly better than Arteta in terms of PL performance.

Arteta has just had control the full season, Tuchel has only been here for a part of the season, when he took over Chelsea were struggling, he improved them a lot and achieved what they wanted.

Arteta had half a season last season and other than the FA cup it was dreadful.

But the point is Arteta had a full season and only got 8th place.
Last edited by Salibatelli on Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:08 pm

Ach wrote:Being in the CL from midtable as they were when Tuchel took over is only slightly better than midtable to midtable in the same period for Arteta?

That’s the thing those meaningless matches with no pressure on the at the end of the season help beef up our run and create the impression that we were actually good since December.

Stats don’t tell the whole story, you need to use the alongside what you’re seeing on the pitch, trouble is the stats contradict what we saw which was not very good at all.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:54 pm

Özim wrote:

That’s the thing those meaningless matches with no pressure on the at the end of the season help beef up our run and create the impression that we were actually good since December.

Stats don’t tell the whole story, you need to use the alongside what you’re seeing on the pitch, trouble is the stats contradict what we saw which was not very good at all.

Every single one of our matches was important at the end of the season.
We ended our penultimate game still with a chance of EL qualification.
Even on the last day in the last few minutes we were playing for something.

You can't change reality - both Chelsea and Arsenal were fighting in the league until the last minutes.
You are just trying to underplay the reality that Tuchel's record in the PL since he joined is just slightly better than Arteta's

I can see why you'd want that to be different considering you think one is a genius and the other an idiot.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Nuggets » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:09 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:

What’s also undeniable is that Arteta has been rubbish, 18 months in and we’re still 8th.

Very true but some people are living in the twilight zone and refuse to see that.
Nuggets

Postby Nuggets » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:11 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:

Every single one of our matches was important at the end of the season.
We ended our penultimate game still with a chance of EL qualification.
Even on the last day in the last few minutes we were playing for something.

You can't change reality - both Chelsea and Arsenal were fighting in the league until the last minutes.
You are just trying to underplay the reality that Tuchel's record in the PL since he joined is just slightly better than Arteta's

I can see why you'd want that to be different considering you think one is a genius and the other an idiot.

:rofll: :rofll: He just won the CL the clown will never get us in the CL as long as he has a hole in his ass lol
Nuggets

Postby Ach » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:39 pm

Özim wrote:

Yup

We won some meaningless matches which boosted our points total

Tuchel Chelsea were comfortably ahead of us by double figures before they got to CL and FA cup finals.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk